- Lady Rockets claim District 12-AA titleThe two-time Class A state champion Forrest Lady Rockets took a big step towards another deep postseason run when they travelled to Giles County Monday night and beat the Lady Bobcats 7-0 to claim the newly formed District 12-AA title. With the win, Forrest (19-1, 8-0) took a three-game lead over second place Marshall County (12-7, 5-3) with two league games remaining. Community (7-7, 4-5) is third, Murfreesboro Central Magnet (11-8, 4-5) fourth, Giles County (5-9-1, 2-6) fifth, and Nolensville (2-12, 1-6) is in last place. The District 12-AA Tournament will be at the site of the highest seed throughout.
- Duke, Cooksey lead Bulldogs to shutout win
- Forrest wrestlers rewarded with all-state selections
- Two Forrest pitchers combine for one-hit win (4/18/18)
- Walls signs with Martin Methodist College (4/18/18)
- Luna Davis selected to all-tournament squad (4/18/18)
- Rockets get split with extra inning win (4/12/18)
Richard "Dick" Walker (4/20/18)Mr. Richard “Dick” Walker, 86, of the Hardison Mill Community of Maury Co., died Thursday, April 19, 2018, following an extended illness. Born in Liberty, IN, Mr. Walker was a son of the late Wilber...
Clarence Elvin Breeden, Jr. (4/18/18)Clarence Elvin Breeden Jr., 65, of Cornersville, TN went to be with the Lord April 16, 2018, while visiting family in Charlottesville, VA. Junior Breeden was born December 14, 1952 in...
Rachel McConnelle Johns (4/18/18)Mrs. Rachel McConnelle Johns, 91, of Chapel Hill TN, died Wednesday, April 18, 2018. Born in Marshall Co., Mrs. Johns was married to the late Norman “Nub” Johns in August of 1943. In addition to her...
J. Claude Lee, Jr. (4/18/18)J. Claude Lee, Jr. 68, of Lewisburg, TN, passed away, on April 16, 2018 at Maury Regional Medical Center. A native of Marshall County, Tennessee he was the son of the late, James Claude Lee, Sr. and...
Velma Rush Sanders (4/18/18)Velma Rush Sanders, 94, passed away on Thursday, April 12, 2018, at NHC-Oakwood in Lewisburg, TN. She was born on April 20, 1923, to the late James W. and Ruth Tilkins Rush in Lincoln County, TN. She...
Jewel Lanier Haislip (4/18/18)Mrs. Jewel Lanier Haislip, 90, of Lewisburg, died Monday, April 16, 2018 at Maury Regional Hospital. Mrs. Haislip was a native of Giles County, the daughter of the late George and Lessie Cole Lanier....
Legal NoticesThe Tennessee Duck River Development Agency will hold its quarterly board meeting at 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 26, at Henry Horton State Park in the Conference Lodge. The board meeting will be preceded by a work session at 4 p.m.
Legal NoticesHead 2 Head Storage, 737 W Commerce; persons who rent storage-units #6 & #24, claim your property asap. 318-680-8205
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF GRAND JURY MEETING It is the duty of your grand jurors to investigate any public offense which they know or have reason to believe has been committed and which is triable or indictable in this county. Any person having knowledge or proof that an offense has been committed may apply to testify before the grand jury subject to the provisions of Tennessee Code Annotated, § 40-12-104. You can send applications to: Grand Jury Foreman, c/o Courtney Boatright, 216 M.C. Courthouse, ...
Help WantedNeed help in concrete precast plant. Concrete experience a plus but not required. Apply in person at T & H Concrete, 225 Heil Quaker Ave. Lewisburg, TN. Monday- Friday 7:00- 4:00.
Latest State & Nation News