4-H Public Speaking Contest a big successMarshall County students in the 4th-12th grade participated in the 4-H Public Speaking Contest during their school 4-H Clubs throughout the month of November. On the evening of January 9 , 39...
Chapel Hill on the lookoutChapel Hill Police requested help in identifying a suspect last week and, thanks to social media, residents responded. CHPD said that the unidentified woman entered the First Commerce Bank branch in...
- Stanley Park (2/13/18)
- Reeves wins county (1/25/18)
- Primary election Thursday (1/24/18)
- Commission deals with security (1/24/18)
- Haslam touts $30M plan to fight opioid epidemic (1/24/18)
- CHPD announces SAFE campaign participation (1/24/18)
- Straight from the Tracks of Lynnville (1/24/18)
- Lawsuit: school ignored red flags (1/24/18)
- TCAT-Pulaski Announces 2017 Employee of the Year (1/24/18)
- Local SCV donates to museum (1/24/18)
- Forrest trio earn state final berth, four more looking for thirdForrest grapplers Jeff Gross (126 pounds), Drew Carlisle (182), and Wesley McCoy (195) advanced to the Class A/AA state finals, while Cole Geeting (145), Bryton Spitzley (152), Austin Geeting (160), and Nick McClendon (170) are hoping to fight their way through the consolation round in hopes of wrestling for third place...
- Gross kicks off state tournament with a bang (2/16/18)
- Tigers get revenge on Bobcats, await showdown with Forrest (2/16/18)
- Bulldogs win big over Raiders secure region berth (2/16/18)
- TSSAA Individual State Wrestling Tournament (2/16/18)
- Lady Rockets win big, get some help (2/14/18)
- Rockets lose game, win district title on tiebreaker (2/14/18)
The art of the deal and the story behind the shutdown (1/26/18)We all know how the government shutdowns usually go. Democrats demand something unreasonable. Republicans awkwardly try to push their agenda forward. The left-wing media act as the PR firm for the Democrats. The Republicans get blamed. The government shutdown is over. Not this time...
Stop misrepresenting the Statue of Liberty! (1/26/18)They’ll do it every time. Whenever Joe Sixpack (or Joe’s congressman) gingerly raises the subject of hiring extra border guards, tweaking our broken system of monitoring work visas or fine-tuning our vetting of refugees from terrorist-infested countries, the cliché knee-jerk responses are swift...
Reign of error (1/26/18)It’s been quite a year, the exact reverse of that whole “time flies when you’re having fun” thing. These last twelve months have slogged by like cold molasses riddled with bat guano dripping through a tightly woven bamboo sieve. It seems like decades since Donald Trump became the 45th President of the United States. Shouldn’t he be termed out by now?...
What To Do When a Loved One Dies (1/26/18)Dear Savvy Senior, This may seem like a strange question, but can you tell me what steps need to be taken after a loved one dies? My 80-year-old father has a terminal illness, and I would like to...
Be safe with your valuables (1/26/18)Dear Heloise: When you’re traveling, it might be an appealing idea to put your valuables in a ROOM SAFE, but too many of the hotel employees have the master combination. It’s better to not bring...
James Avent Dismukes (2/16/18)James Avent Dismukes, 93, of Murfreesboro, died Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2018. He was born in the Bethel Community of Rutherford County and was a son of the late Granville and Margaret Smith Dismukes. He...
Clennie S. Stephens (2/16/18)Mr. Clennie S. Stephens, age 81, of Rockvale, TN, died Thursday, February 15, 2018. He was born in Nolensville, TN, and a son of the late Clennie P. and Cora Sanford Stephens. Mr. Stephens was a...
Larry Keith Gross (2/14/18)Larry Keith Gross, 80, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 13, 2018, in NHC-Oakwood, Lewisburg, TN. He was born in Kingsport, TN on April 28, 1937, to the late Echel and Zelma Breeden Gross. He was employed...
Bonnie Elizabeth Wales Brandon (2/13/18)Bonnie Elizabeth Wales Brandon, 35, of Lewisburg, TN, went to be with the Lord on Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018. Bonnie was born on Sept. 19, 1982, in Williamson County to Ricky and Lisa Wales. She...
Stanley Park Galbraith (2/13/18)Stanley Park Galbraith, 84, of Lewisburg, died Feb. 8, 2018, at his home. Mr. Galbraith was a native of Marshall County and was the son of the late Stanley Scales and Argent Marie Park Galbraith. He...
Philip D. Berg (2/8/18)Philip D. Berg, 75, formerly of Lewisburg, TN, Chicago, IL and St. Louis, MO, died Feb. 1, 2018, at his home in Scottsdale, AZ. He is survived by his children, Philip D. Berg, Jr. of Tokyo, Japan and...
Help WantedSeasonal drivers needed for local and out-of-state flower deliveries. Part or full-time needed. Call 615-626-1344 Clifford's Perennial, 3830 Nashville Hwy., Lewisburg TN 37091
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF GRAND JURY MEETING It is the duty of your grand jurors to investigate any public offense which they know or have reason to believe has been committed and which is triable or indictable in this county. Any person having knowledge or proof that an offense has been committed may apply to testify before the grand jury subject to the provisions of Tennessee Code Annotated, § 40-12-104. You can send applications to: Grand Jury Foreman, c/o Courtney Boatright, 216 M.C. Courthouse, ...
Help WantedRiverbend Nurseries is seeking a full-time driver to deliver plant material to the surrounding Nashville area. Candidate must be willing to engage in physical activity, enjoy working outdoors and be reliable. Send resume or apply in person at 2850 Thompson’s Station Rd. East 615-790-7900 firstname.lastname@example.org
For SaleBUNK BED, nice solid wood with mattresses and flannel sheets, $200. 931-205-4957
Latest State & Nation News