Politicians fight too keep TDEC from destroying Horton InnMarshall County residents are starting to rally in order to preserve the inn at Henry Horton State Park. State Representative Rick Tillis held an informational meeting at the park on Friday, March 9,...
Girls OutdoorsThe outdoor spaces at Henry Horton State Park will take on a decidedly feminine feeling this weekend. The park is hosting a Girls Outdoors weekend on Friday and Saturday. This is the first time that...
- Chapel Hill’s future development plan focuses on Horton Park (3/22/17)
- Tracks of Lynnville (3/22/17)
- Cornersville parents work to improve education (3/22/17)
- Lewisburg is home to humble Duquesne U. basketball legend (3/17/17)
- Household hazardous waste mobile collection services scheduled (3/17/17)
- City supports Horton and old National Guard Armory rennovations (3/17/17)
- Rep. Scott DesJarlais votes to improve miliary readiness (3/17/17)
- State Rep Rick Tillis passes first legislative bill (3/17/17)
- 3 lesser-known benefits of flashing your amazing smile (3/17/17)
- Ovarian cancer: What you should know (3/17/17)
- Rockets win 13 inning marathon at EaglevilleAfter a 1-0 battle won by Forrest on Tuesday at Chapel Hill, the Rockets traveled to Eagleville to make up a game postponed from Monday and it turned into a war as the two District 9A rivals clashed for 13 innings before Forrest came out on top 4-2. “I don’t know what you can say about that, it’s like this game right here if you win, you should get two district wins,” Forrest coach Bart Joyce said. “It’s just two great ball teams that didn’t want to give up.” “Luckily, we scratched a couple of runs across in the top of the thirteenth to get the job done.”
- Rockets bunt to squeeze out a win over Eagles (3/24/17)
- Cornersville completes sweep over Mt. Pleasant in postponed game (3/24/17)
- Sports Schedule (3/24/17)
- US routs Puerto Rico 8-0 to win WBC behind dominant Stroman (3/24/17)
- Dallas Green, who managed Phillies to 1st title, dies at 82 (3/24/17)
- MCHS girls tennis opens with win (3/24/17)
The fight for America has only just begun (3/22/17)For conservatives, the election of Donald Trump, while not ideal, represents the first chance in a long time to take the country back from the infestation of liberal ideology, and especially one world government globalism. If the first two months of the Trump administration has taught us anything, it is that until liberalism is completely eradicated, it matters little who sits in the White House. ...
Trumpcare: Helping the rich, stiffing the poor (3/22/17)It’s taken seven years, but Congressional Republicans and the Trump administration are finally having their “If you like your health care plan you can keep it” moment. Like President Barack Obama, who saw millions of Americans initially lose coverage under his signature plan, President Donald Trump, who vowed “insurance for everyone,” is finding some promises are nearly impossible to keep...
Make the Democrats own Obamacare (3/22/17)At my age I’m pretty sure I don’t need maternity care. At her age I’m pretty sure my granddaughter doesn’t need health insurance for her end-of-life needs. But what do I know? I’m just a dumb citizen. According to the architects of Obamacare - if you can call the Democrats who designed President Obama’s signature failure “architects” - I can’t be trusted to buy my own health insurance...
Tommy Helmick (3/23/17)Mr. Tommy Helmick, age 77, of Chapel Hill, died Tuesday, Mar. 21, 2017. Born in Marshall Co., Mr. Helmick was a son of the late Thomas Hiram Helmick and Mary Euphamie Sweeney Helmick. Tommy was...
Glenda Ward (3/23/17)I write this with sadness that my lovely bride and best friend of more than 50 years, Glenda Ward, was called home to be with her heavenly Father, Monday, March 20, 2017. She passed to the heavens at...
Kevin England (3/21/17)Mr. Kevin England, age 53, of Nashville, Tennessee, died Wednesday evening, Mar. 15, 2017, in Athens, Alabama. His graveside service was Mar. 18, 2017, at Swanson Cemetery. Lawrence Funeral Home was...
Billy Roger Courtney (3/21/17)Billy Roger Courtney, age 73 of Lewisburg, died Thursday, Mar. 16, 2017, at his residence. Mr. Courtney was a native of Dover, TN, and son of the late Jack Bowman and Ella Lane Courtney. He was...
Macklin George (3/21/17)Mr. Macklin George, age 89, of Lewisburg, died Sunday, Mar. 19, 2017, at NHC Oakwood. Mr. George was a native of Marshall County, the son of the late Bert and Annie Maple Lucille Hayes George. He...
Elinor Elizabeth Glenn George (3/21/17)Mrs. Elinor Elizabeth Glenn George, age 91, of Lewisburg, died Thursday, Mar. 16, 2017, at NHC Oakwood. Mrs. George was a native of Marshall County and the daughter of the late Herbert Hoyle and...
Public Records (3/17/17)Marriages Levi Aaron Alderman to Brittany Ann Jackson; Jacob Alexander Dailey to Kayci Williams; Jason William Mattox to Shelby Braden; Beth Andrea Stockwell to Randell Weigel. Divorces Kenneth Lee Hill v. Jennifer Lynn Penrod Hill, Rosendo Hernandez Onate v. Victoria Sonya Cordova Hernandez, William Jeffery Bills v. Tawanna Elizabeth Mullins...
Help WantedWanted Class A CDL Driver for dedicated lanes, 4-6 day work week. Clean MVR, 1 year OTR experience required. 931-637-2387
Miscellaneous PetsHappy Jack Flexenhance Plus: relieves arthritis, bone, & joint pain in dogs. Contains Mother Nature's flea repellent. Marshall Farmers Coop (359-1558) (kennelvax.com)
GeneralGarage Sale, 1930 Hunters Run Rd., Saturday, March 25. Many household items, arrangements, tools, clothes from boy's size 10, women's 8-10, and men's XL. Some vintage/antiques.
Legal NoticesStorage Express will hold auctions to satisfy liens held on delinquent accounts at the property located at 5224 Nashville Hwy, Chapel Hill, TN 37034. The auction will be conducted at the online auction site www.storagetreasures.com. The auction will end on April 11, 2017 @ 8:30 a.m. CST: Amy L Cochran (178-046); Robert W Phillips (178-097).