House fire doused
The back of a house at 616 2nd Ave. was fully engulfed in flames at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday when the Lewisburg Fire Department arrived, according to Firefighter Larry Baxter.
The residence is owned by Pat Smith and rented out to Jerry Harden II, John Herin, and Shawn Crumbley. The kitchen and middle room sustained fire damage.
The rest of the house was damaged by smoke, heat, and fire, reports state. The origin of the fire is believed to be the clothes dryer, Chief Larry Williams said. No investigation is pending.