[Nameplate] Fair ~ 87°F  
High: 92°F ~ Low: 66°F
Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014

BULLETIN: Milltown fire engulfs home

Friday, December 19, 2008

MILLTOWN -- A fire that started at a stove or electrical box practically burned a Marshall County couple's home to the ground on Friday morning as three fire departments and two county agencies could only contain the blaze.

The home of Victor and Deloris Jean Griffin of Milltown Road was fully engulfed in flames at about 9 a.m. . He said he thought the fire started at the electrical breaker box. Berlin Fire Chief Joe Greer noted the stove was also at that part of the house.

A more complete story and a photo with other news about recent fires is being prepared for the Wednesday, Dec. 24 edition of the Marshall County Tribune.