Man gets out of jail, finds home vandalized

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A local man spent about 12 hours in jail because he was charged with domestic assault, and police were called to his residence again when he returned home because it had been vandalized while he was gone, according to reports on file at the Lewisburg Police Department.

Officer Amanda Newcomb was called to the home on 5th Avenue North at about 6 a.m. on Saturday, Jan. 3, by the victim Sheila Adams, 39, who alleged that Herman Buttrey, 39, had pushed her out of bed and also turned over a couch while she was lying on it. "She said there is a history of domestic abuse between her and her boyfriend (Herman Buttrey)," Newcomb wrote in her report. "He also made several threats of physical violence, placing Adams in fear for her safety."

Buttrey was arrested on a charge of domestic assault, and was in the Marshall County Jail until about 7 p.m. that day. When he got home, according to Officer Jackie Robertson's report, Buttrey found that the gazebo in his yard, along with the hood latch of his 1991 Ford pickup had been damaged, and it looked as if someone had tried to get in to his lock box.

Another local couple got in trouble with the police on New Year's Day.

Jesus Olascoaga, 35, and Yolanda Caldevon, 35, both of Haynes Street, were both arrested and charged with assault on a police officer. Olascoaga was also charged with resisting arrest after a violent altercation inside and outside the home at which Officer Seth Feinson was assisted by officers Sawyers, Martin and Teal.

Other arrests recently made by the Lewisburg Police Department include

* Nathan Andrew Freiling, Justin D. Rucker, and John D. Weaver were charged with violation of probation.

* Terry M. Moore, Terry N. Stovall, and Jose Antonio Montes were charged with public intoxication.

* Timothy D. Everly was charged with simple assault.

* Demarcus Dawson, 25, of Park Street, was picked up at the county line from Maury County deputies who had arrested him for failure to appear on a violation of probation warrant on Oct. 27. Dawson's original charge was driving on a suspended license. He is now being held without bond.