Threatening statements to a neighbor led to multiple charges being filed against Burnette Bernie Jones, 39, of Reynolds Road, Columbia. Jones called his neighbor "a wetback Mexican" and threatened to cut his head off, according to a report by Deputy Tony Nichols on file at the Marshall County Sheriff's Department. Nichols and Deputy Matt Owens arrested Jones, who is charged with civil rights intimidation, DUI, violation of the implied consent law, driving on revoked (6th offence), evading arrest in a motor vehicle, and driving after having been declared a habitual motor vehicle offender. Jones' total bond is $21,000 and his court date is June 2.
Joshua Christopher Appleton of Comstock Road, Chapel Hill, reported to the Marshall County Sheriff's Department that someone forced entry into his shop building on May 2 and stole a Hustler Z-Master 60-inch zero-turn mower, valued at $7,000, as well as two Shindawa weed eaters ($800) and two Shindawa backpack blowers ($800).
Arrested on Marshall County warrants for littering:
* Mary L. Pannell, 31, and Jefferey Pannell, 37, both of Lynnville. Jefferey was picked up in Maury County, and Mary was arrested when she came to bail him out of the Marshall County Jail. Bond for each was set at $1,000, and their court date is June 2.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault:
* Nolan Fletcher Parrish, 24, Long Distance Road; bond: $1,000, court date: June 2.
* Keith Tyler Parrish, 22, Long Distance Road; additional charges: possession of Schedule VI drug, public intoxication, and resisting arrest; bond: $2,500, court date: June 2.
* Keith Fitzpatrick, 45, St. Petersburg, Fla.; additional charge: public intoxication; bond: $1,500, court date: May 5.
* Justin Timothy Olsen, 29, Gallatin; bond: $2,000; court date: June 2.
* Artemio M. Castillo, 34, Old Columbia Road; bond: $1,000, court date: July 13.
* Misty D. Cruz, 35, Coco Lane; bond: $1,000, court date: May 11.
* Driving on revoked, simple possession of Schedule VI, possession of Schedule II, and introduction of contraband into a penal institutio - Wesley David Clark, 36, John Lunn Road; bond: $10,500, court date: June 2.
* DUI - Robby Lee Hickman, 23, Lynnville.
* Driving on suspended - Andrea J. Payne, 23, Fayetteville.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication:
* Jason E. Proffitt, 26, Limestone Avenue; additional charge: disorderly conduct; bond: $1,000, court date: May 11.
* Charles K. Osborne, 26, 4th Avenue North; bond: $500, court date: May 11.
* Melanie L. Wilson, 39, Cornersville; bond: $500, court date: May 11.
* Christine Salyer, 43, Belfast Street; additional charge: violation of probation; bond: $1,500, court date: May 11.
* Louis Garcia, 47, Belfast Street; bond: $500, court date: May 11.
Issued with a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting and advised not to be back on Wal-Mart property, after allegedly taking $63-worth of clothes:
* Kalli Jo Collins, 38, Belfast.
Arrested for violation of probation:
* Michael Dewayne Price, 30.
* William McKnight, 18.
* Robert Keon Davis, 21. Davis is to be held for a six-year prison term.