A Marshall County corrections officer required treatment at the emergency room after an assault at the jail recently.
According to a report by Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy Sean Sweeney, Tennessee Highway Patrolman David Hill brought Jason Tyrus Hall, 23, to the jail about 10 p.m. June 11, "on multiple charges." Hall, who is 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs well over 200 pounds, was "not being cooperative and was fighting and arguing." Corrections officer Greg Childers, as well as MCSD Deputy Travis Childers and Lewisburg Police Officers Clyde Ragsdale and Brad Martin, struggled with Hall in order to remove his handcuffs, and in the course of the incident Greg Childers' left hand was injured. Sweeney wrote that at first Childers thought his finger had been dislocated, but since the hand continued to swell and become more painful, he requested a trip to the emergency room, where an x-ray revealed a "spiral fracture."
The charges against Hall on June 11 were: driving under the influence, violation of the implied consent law, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest. He bonded out on June 12.
Hall was arrested at an address on Mooresville Highway on June 17, on warrants for aggravated assault and parole violation (he was paroled from the Lewis County Jail on Feb. 16). He is held on the parole violation and is due in court on July 14.
Jail administrator Sabrina Patterson says that Childers should be back at work this week.
* $8,000 cash, and two Remington shotguns, valued at $200 each, between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. June 16, from the Snell Road residence of Billy Wayne Ezell.
* $1,200 cash taken, and a computer monitor and guitar broken at a house on Titan Way, occupied by Gary S. Puckett and his roommate Waylon Williams.
* A set of four tires and rims, total value $800, were taken from outside the garage door of Peter Odell's home on Airport Drive between 8:30 a.m. June 14 and 7 a.m. June 16.
* $25 cash was taken, and over $300-worth of damage was done at the Farmington Church of Christ.
* A blue "Pocket Rocket" motorbike, value $195, was stolen between 3 and 7 p.m. June 16, from a home on Verona Avenue. It belonged to the son of Jennifer Justine Lindsey, and the keys were not in it.
* A wallet containing $50, and bottles of Lortab and Xanax, from Mike Guzman's unlocked car, parked at Pear Tree Apartments.
* 10 pounds of oranges and 20 pounds of potatoes, total value $18, were taken from The Garden Spot, South Ellington Parkway, between 6 p.m. on June 11 and 8 a.m. on June 12.
* A vacant rental house on Belfast Street, property of Dorothy Gray, had all (14) of its windows broken, back door broken, gas heaters pulled away from walls, and light fixtures broken. Estimated cost of repairs: $4,000.
* Recreation Center. Between June 15 and June 16, water fountains, a paper towel dispenser and a tennis court roller were damaged, and barricades and benches were flipped over.
Arrested on an outstanding warrant for sexual battery:
* Corey Alan Racine, 33, Washington Drive. Bond: $10,000; court date: July 14.
Driving under the influence -
* Morris T. Holley, 42, South Ellington Parkway. Bond $1,000; court date: July 20.
* Bobby W. Gower, 73, Franklin Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 10.
* Jason W. Alford, 35, Liberty Avenue. (Second offence; additional charges: driving on revoked and violation of the implied consent law.) Bond: $3,000; court date: July 13.
* Michael S. Thomas, 18, 6th Avenue South. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 20. Thomas is charged with under-aged driving while impaired, and cited for violation of the open container law, speeding, and driving under the influence.
Driving on suspended -
* (2nd offence) Justin Lee King, 20, Jerre Lane. King was also served with a warrant for evading arrest on June 13. His total bond is $3,000 and he is due in court on both charges on July 13. In a separate incident, King was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and underage consumption.
* Lori Joann McNeeley (Marks), 30, Silver Creek. Bond: $500; court date: July 20.
Driving on revoked (2nd offence) -
* Henry L. Phillips, 53, Lambert Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 20.
Arrested and charged with simple assault:
* Benton Whitehead Jr., 68, Franklin Road. Bond: $500; court date: July 6.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault:
* (aggravated) Heather Renee Rogers, 19, South Ellington Parkway. Bond: $7,500; court date: July 13.
* Larry D. Reeves, 38, Thomas Avenue. Additional charges: public intoxication and resisting arrest. Bond: $2,500; court date: July 13.
* Jasmine Marie Coates, 25, Mooresville Highway. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 6.
* Tela Ann Richardson, 25, Woodlawn Avenue. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 10.
* Liza M. Strickland, 28, Mooresville Highway. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 13.
* (served with a warrant and arrested) Marty Hillman, 46, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 14.
Shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Shannon M. Perryman, 27, and Tresta L. Stepp, 25, both of Franklin Road, were cited to appear in court on July 13.
* Subrina Ragsdale, 29, South Berlin Road, is alleged to have taken $64-worth of items from the store. When the asset protection officer attempted to detain her, she is alleged to have assaulted him and escaped.
Violation of probation and failure to appear
Turned himself in:
* Michael F. Fuller, 25, Coble Drive. Bond: $1,250; court date: July 20.
* Wayne Hampton Jr., 42, 5th Avenue North. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 6.
* Sandra McCoy Clark, 43, Columbia. Bond: $20,000; court date: July 22.
* Nicholas S. Marshall, 22, Shelbyville. Bond: $2,000; court date: July 13.
* Rodney S. Mitchell, 30, Spring Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 15.
* Emily Hay, 21, Mount Pleasant. Bond: $2,000; court date: July 28.
* Patrick L. Harris, 24, Decatur, Ala. Bond: $30,000; court date: July 14.
Served with a warrant:
* Wendy Powers, 46, Nashville Highway. Court date: Dec. 15.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication:
* Dusty Gail Gilliam, 33, Cornersville. Additional charges: possession of legend drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond: $2,000; court date: July 20.
* Larry Wayne Clark, 39, Old Belfast Road. Bond: $500; court date: July 20.
* Lucio Garcia, 33, Greenwood Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: July 20.
* Robert Joseph Davis, 29, Cornersville Road. Bond: $500; court date: July 21.
* Sergio Rodriguez, 24, Martin Street. Bond: $500; court date: July 13.
Arrested and charged with violation of bond conditions:
* Heather R. Stennett, 19, Martin Street. Stennett is held without bond until her court date: July 13.
Arrested and charged with simple possession of marijuana:
* Kristopher T. Stinnett, 20, Franklin Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 20.
Served with a criminal summons for passing a worthless check:
* Kathleen Careglio, 36, Chapel Hill. Court date: July 28.
* Shadrick Brashears, 30, Cornersville. Court date: July 21.
* Joseph Franklin, 34, Cornersville. Court date: July 28.
Served with a criminal summons for harassment:
* Jennifer Sims, 26, Colburn Drive. Court date: July 14
Charged with violation of an order of protection:
* Sonny Wayne Smith, 29, Lewisburg. Held without bond until court on July 14.