A Marshall County woman turned herself in after learning that the Grand Jury had indicted her on charges of aggravated arson and burning personal property. According to the indictment, Tawyna Gail Eady, 41, of Creek Drive, is alleged to have intentionally set fire to her residence "when one or more persons were present within the structure," and also to her 2006 Chrysler on June 2. Chief Robert Hale's Farmington/Rich Creek Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene, along with the Chapel Hill Fire Department. Hale said the fires were going out when he got there. He reported that the house was almost undamaged, but part of the interior of the car was burned. Hale and his men stayed overnight at the home, waiting for the arrival of the state Fire Marshall. Marshall County Sheriff's Detective Bob Johnson was in charge of the investigation. Eady is out on a $50,000 bond and is due in court on July 10.
A Pulaski man was arrested at the Giles County line on a warrant for obstruction of a legal writ, dated Nov. 9, 2007. The affidavit of complaint states that Kenneth Riggins, 53,
"knowingly and intentionally" attempted to deceive law enforcement when they were "attempting to serve an arrest warrant on Kami Hunter. Mr. Riggins did state that he did not know where Kami was at, and she was found hiding in the bathroom." Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy Layne Worsham arrested Riggins and told him that his bond was pre-set at $1,000, but according to Worsham's report, Riggins said "he wanted to stay in jail and go to General Sessions Court the next court date."
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Kerry D. Calahan, 34, Polly Adams Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 7.
* Steven Edward Lowe, 34, Ownby Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 28.
* Shane Kyle Sanders, 19, Maple Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 10.
* Eric Shay White, 20, 5th Avenue North. Bond $1,000; court date: Aug. 10. White violated his bond conditions on June 26 by returning to the residence of his alleged victim. He is now held without bond.
Driving on revoked (2nd offence)
* Judy L. Skiver, 58, Jackson Avenue. Bond: $1,500; court date: July 21.
DUI and violation of the implied consent law
* Gulberto O. Jaimes, 38, Silver Creek Road. Bond: $2,000; court date: Aug. 10.
* From a residence on Highway 40: cash, collectible coins, jewelry, and a Colt pistol; total value: over $2,000.
* From two storage trailers behind S & D Wholesale, Vista Street: Craftsman tools, kitchen utensils, comforters; total value: $1,000 - $1,300.
* From Collins Sharpening, Chapel Hill: a Stihl chainsaw, using a bad check written on Heritage Bank; total value: $950.42.
* From a woman's purse while she was shopping at Wal-Mart: four $100 bills.
* From the parking lot of the Big Kahuna Car Wash: a Troy-Bilt weedeater; value: $200.
* A residence on Tankersley Avenue had two windows shot out and the rear door kicked in; estimated cost to repair: $1,000.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Robert Vic Wheat, 53, Jennifer Lane; additional charges: resisting arrest and vandalism under $500. Bond: $1,500; court date: Aug. 4.
* Everett Barbee, 51, 5th Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: July 13.
* Robert Joseph Davis, 28, Cornersville Highway. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 10.
* Terry N. Stovall, 41, Marshall Street. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 10.
Arrested and charged with disorderly conduct
* Kayla Nicole Smith, 21, Dickson, Tenn. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 10.
Arrested on two 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force warrants relating to possession of crack cocaine and drug paraphernalia
* Doyce J. Mitchell, 49, Jack Pickle Road. Bond: $4,000; court date: July 28.
Violation of probation and failure to appear
Arrested and charged with violation of probation:
* Phillip Fuller, 50, West End Avenue. Held without bond for court on July 8.
* Pamela S. Roden, 27, Cornersville. Bond: $10,000; court date: July 10.
* Roger Birdsong, 27, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 14.
* Joshua D. Cook, 36, East Ridge, Tenn. Bond: $2,000; court date: Aug. 11.
Arrested and charged with failure to appear:
* Ronald Lee Summer, 38, Nashville. Held without bond for court on July 13.
Arrested and charged with violation of probation and failure to appear;
* Tristaca Harlan, 31, Columbia. Held without bond for court on June 30 and July 8.
Turned himself in:
* Steven A. Green, 18, 4th Avenue North. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 20.
Served with a criminal summons:
* Atonna Bartleson (Patin), 28, Hixson, Tenn. Court date: Dec. 15.
A forged $5 bill was passed at the drive-through window of Taco Bell. The assistant manager discovered it and notified police when she counted the money on June 27.
Served with misdemeanor citations for shoplifting
* Shonda R. Workman, 24, Culleoka. Pharmacy items, jewelry, and two children's bathing suits, from S & D Warehouse, Vista Street. Court date: July 20.
* Robert D. Hoda, 23, Belfast Avenue. $50-worth of personal care items from Wal-Mart. Court date: July 20.