A Florida woman was arrested on a seven-year-old capias last week and held for an appearance in Circuit Court today.
Beatrice Eva Embair, 44, of Davie, Fla. was indicted by the Marshall County Grand Jury in March 2002, accused of aggravated perjury in the case of Steven Lloyd Pallett. His case had been up before the Grand Jury in January of that year, and Embair denied that Pallett "had intentionally or knowingly injured her and that she did not remember the occurrence."
Shortly after the assault, Embair gave oral and written statements to Lewisburg Police Officer Anthony McLean stating that Pallett had struck her in the face, "breaking her glasses and cutting her forehead; broke her nose and split her lip."
In a letter to Pallett that is in her case file, Embair wrote, "I'm going to be perjuring myself in the Grand Jury to help you." In another letter, after hearing a rumor that he was with another woman, Embair said, "Don't worry, I won't change my mind about what I'll say in court."
After the Grand Jury indicted her in March 2002, Embair was arrested, but was released on a $1,000 bond. She failed to appear for court on Aug. 7, 2002, and the bond was finally declared forfeited on Feb. 19, 2003. She was arrested in Marshall County on July 29, 2009.
* From behind Derryberry Cabinet Company, Cornersville Road, a 5 x 10 foot Haulmark trailer containing items worth over $20,000, including a sander, an edger, and a buffer. Lewisburg Police Department Detective James Johnson took photographs of the scene; and Detectives Johnson and Santiago McKlean made casts of tire tracks and footprints at the scene.
* From Joe's Body Shop, a 1992 red Toyota extended-cab pickup truck, which was going to be used for parts, valued at $2,500.
* From the garage of a residence on Nashville Highway, a Stihl weedeater, Model KM110R, serial number 277602393, valued at $457.
* From a residence on Mooresville Highway, an oval copper bucket containing approximately $350 in loose change.
* From the trunk of a car parked at Summit Apartments, two 12-packs of Coke Zero and two gallons of antifreeze. The trunk lid and latch were damaged.
Driving Under the Influence and Violation of the Implied Consent Law
* Jason L. Phillips, 32, Gold Road. Bond: $1,500; court date: Aug. 17.
* Steven F. Pauley, 44, Shelbyville. Bond not stated; court date: Aug. 17. Also charged with speeding, no current insurance, and violation of the seatbelt law.
* Jorge Z. Zarate, 28, McClure Street. Bond: $1,500; court date: Aug. 10. Also charged with driving without a license.
No Driver's License
* Phillip Linton, 29, 1st Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 17.
* Jermaine A. Johnson 36, Limestone Avenue. Bond not stated; court date: Aug. 17.
* Jeffery Mitchell, 18, Woodlawn Avenue. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 10. Mitchell was arrested on an outstanding warrant after a traffic stop.
* Brian R. Cozart, 23, North Church Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 17.
* McKenzie Barlison, 18, Powell Lane. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 18.
* Reanna Kelly, 19, Cornersville. No bond or court date stated.
* (aggravated) Tammy H. Pyles, 40, Creek Drive. No bond stated; court date: Aug. 11.
Arrested on a state warrant for theft, and served with nine criminal summons for passing worthless checks
* Shirley Matheson, 52, Franklin Pike. Bond: $6,000; court date: Aug. 25.
Served with a capias for aggravated burglary and theft over $1,000
* Demetrie Owens, 27, 5th Avenue South. Held without bond for court on Aug. 5.
Violation of Probation and Failure to Appear
* Jesse L. Stafford, 27, Douglas Avenue. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 31.
* Connie D. Rogers, 34, Pulaski. Bond: $2,500; court date: Aug. 17.
* Demetris D. Owens, 27, 5th Avenue South. Bond: $7,000; court date: Aug. 17.
* Stephen Wix, 40, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 15.
* Shakeia Archer, 20, Fox Lane. Bond: $2,000; court date: Sept. 15.
* Timothy Ray Wilson, 45, Florence, Ala. Held for court on July 28.
* Cavoris Abernathy, 20, Columbia. Held without bond for an unspecified court date.
* Tammy Jones, 52, Miller Road. Held without bond for an unspecified court date.
* Jimmy D. Mearse, 25, Pulaski. Held without bond for court on Aug. 11.
Shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Natalie J. Hermosillo, 44, Martin Street. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 17.
Because Hermosillo had been caught shoplifting from Wal-Mart twice before, loss prevention officer John Burton signed a warrant for her arrest.
* Gerald R. Reardon, 42, Cornersville. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 17. The next day, Aug. 2, Reardon is accused of "theft of services" because it is alleged he ate the buffet and drank sweet tea at Shoney's without paying.
* Connie F. Kelley, 40, Chapel Hill. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 31.
Served with a criminal summons for worthless checks
* Shannon L. Ghea, 28, Hill Street. Court date: Aug. 25.
Served with a criminal summons for stalking
* Josh Ring, 23, Chapel Hill. Court date: Aug. 25.
Served with a petition to declare her a habitual motor vehicle offender
* Tara M. Rowe, 25, Belfast. Court date: Aug. 19.