A Maury County man who failed to appear for his jury trial last summer has been arrested and returned to Marshall County. Marcus L. Canty, 39, of Columbia, was recently located by deputies of the Marshall County Sheriff's Department and served with a warrant for failure to appear and two capias warrants. Canty was to have been on trial in Circuit Court on July 30. He was charged with possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) with intent to sell and deliver, a class B felony. Canty's fellow defendants, Holly Perryman and Lindsay Kellum, have already been sentenced. His attorney at the time of his disappearance was Bill Haywood, but it is unknown if Haywood will continue in this role. The bond on the failure to appear is $40,000 and the court date is Jan. 12. There was no bond stated on the capias warrants.
Thefts and vandalism reported
* Two vehicles had their windshields struck and a mailbox was damaged at a residence on Ridge Court Lane, Chapel Hill. The damage was estimated at $870.
* A debit card was stolen from a residence on Yell Road on Dec. 22 and used it to make at least $260-worth of purchases. The owner did not know it was missing until Dec. 24.
* An orange Envy cell phone and a burgundy Carhartt jacket, total value: $200, disappeared from a residence on West End Avenue while their owner was sleeping.
* A Tennessee license plate, 750-GWD, was stolen from a car whose owner lives on River Road, Chapel Hill.
Arrested on warrants for failure to appear, felony evading, evading arrest, reckless endangerment, driving on suspended, and resisting stop/frisk/halt
* Virginia S. Boyett, 31, Petersburg. Held without bond for court on Jan. 12.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of the sex offender reporting/monitoring act
* Clay Hight, 48, Milltown Road. Bond: $3,000; Court date: Jan. 12.
* Mitchell Jarod Ford, 31, Nashville Highway. Bond: $3,000; court date: Jan. 12.
Arrested on a warrant for aggravated burglary
* Star Skowronek, 36, Cornersville. Bond: $7,500; court date: Dec. 29.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Katie K. Lanier, 45, Mount Pleasant. Bond: $2,000; court date; Feb. 8.
Arrested and charged with driving on revoked and driving after being declared a Habitual Motor Vehicle Offender
* Jody L. Lindsey, 45, Clarksville. Bond: $7,000; court date: Feb. 8. Also cited for excess speed.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* William Patrick Harris, 23, West End Avenue. Bond and court date not stated.
* Enrique Hernandez, 19, Preston Avenue. Held for court on Dec. 29.
* Joshua E. Malone, 19, Centerville. Held without bond for court on Jan. 12.
* Kristopher Stinnett, 20, College Street. Held without bond for court on Jan. 12.
* Kenneth Cory Bills, 25, Church Road. Held without bond for court on Jan. 12.
* Adam Wade Miller, 37, Shelbyville. Held without bond for court on Dec. 29.
* Janette Ellen Adcock, 35, Shelbyville. Bond: $1,000; court date; Jan. 11.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Jacob A. Dye, 32, Pinecone Drive. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 11.
* Jeffrey C. Redd, 25, Verona Caney Road. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 11.
Arrested and charged with simple possession of a Schedule VI drug (marijuana)
* Coty Davis, 18, Cornersville Road. Bond: $1,000; court date; Jan. 11. Also cited for driving with an inoperable brake light.
Arrested on a warrant for failure to appear
* Victoria Cordova, 21, Chapel Hill. Held without bond for court on Dec. 29.
Arrested on a warrant for domestic assault
* Anthony Todd Jones, 40, Cornersville. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 12.
Served with a criminal summons for violation of probation
* Briley Lee, 35, 4th Avenue North. Court date: Feb. 2.
* William Patrick Harris, 23, Cedar Street. Court date not stated.
Issued with a citation for disorderly conduct
* Mary E. Ross, 73, Columbia.
Served with an order of protection and a criminal summons for assault
* Valerie Shoemake, 25, Mount Road.
Served with a criminal summons for passing a worthless check
* Betty Blount, 43, 1st Avenue North. Court date: Jan. 12.
* Karen Phillips, 52, Jackson Avenue. Court date: Feb. 23.
Served with an attachment for failure to appear
* Jimmy Deshawn Ridley, 29, Jones Circle. Held without bond for court on Dec. 30.
Served with a criminal summons for animals running at large
* James R. Carter II, 44, Wade Brown Road. Court date: Dec. 29.