Thefts and vandalism reported
* Sometime between Jan. 3 and 21, over $21,000-worth of jewelry (1999 appraisal prices) was taken from a concealed safe in a home on Delina Road.
* A Chapel Hill man told detectives at the Marshall County Sheriff's Department that he advertised a $4,000 diamond ring on Craig's List, and sold it to a buyer in Michigan. The ring was shipped when he got notification that the money was in his PayPal account, but later he found out the PayPal e-mail was a fake. The information was passed along to a detective in the Grand Rapids Police Department.
* Friday morning, an envelope containing $1,599.28 was found to be missing from one of four fire safe boxes sitting on the counter inside Cash Advance on North Ellington Parkway. A moneybag containing over $300 in change that was next to the envelope was not taken. There were no signs of forced entry.
* Furniture and a Coke machine, total value: $400, were found damaged at Summit Apartments by the manager when she came to work on Jan. 21.
* A purple Huffy bicycle, value: $100, was taken from the back yard of a home on Endsley Avenue between Jan. 15 and 18.
* On Jan. 25, someone used a pry bar to break into the Crossroads Market in Delina, doing $350-worth of damage to the door and doorframe. Nothing appeared to be missing, according to the owner.
* A Chapel Hill woman reported to the MCSD that when she tried to open an account with Dish Network they told her someone had already used her social security number to open an account in another state.
* On Jan. 12 and 13, someone in another country charged $29.97 and $19.95 on a Bank of America debit card that belongs to a Lewisburg resident.
* Between Jan. 20 and 23, a vacant house on Saint Anne Street that is being remodeled had a window broken and several window screens damaged.
Arrested and charged with carrying weapons on public property, theft of property over $500, public intoxication, vandalism, simple possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and simple assault
* Michael L. Bryan, 29, Holly Grove Road. Bond: $10,000; court date: Feb. 8.
The charges arose from an incident at Marshall Medical Center about 7 p.m. Jan. 24. Nurses discovered that Bryan, who had come to take his mother home from the emergency room, was putting hospital medicines in her bag. He became violent when nurses questioned him.
Arrested on a warrant for criminal responsibility
* Krystal B. Harris, 19, Chapel Hill. Bond: $7,500; court date: Feb. 9.
Arrested on a warrant for domestic assault
* Davey M. Fowler, 38, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 26.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault and disorderly conduct
* Patrick J. Wilcox, 20, Will Murphy Road. Bond: $2,000; court date: Feb. 1.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Jonathan D. Hillard, 27, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 23.
* Larry L. Rundle Jr., 43, Crestland Avenue. Bond: $1,500; court date: Feb. 8. Additional charge: violation of the implied consent law.
Arrested and held without bond on a capias for failure to appear in Circuit Court
* John Hunt, 59, Peartree Apartments.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* Elizabeth Cates, 32, Columbia. Held without bond for court on Jan. 26.
* Demarcus Blackman, 23, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 8.
* Timothy L. Goff, 43, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 8.
Served with a warrant for failure to appear
* Cathy M. Buttrey, 20, 5th Avenue North. Bond: $1,000; court date: March 2. Also served with a warrant for violation of probation from Lewisburg City Court, with the same bond and a court date of March 8.
* Michael S. Flatt, 29, Nashville. Bond: $2,500; court date: Feb. 23.
Served with a criminal summons for violation of probation
* Leonard G. Bird, 51, Belfast Avenue. Court date: Feb. 8.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of parole
* Linda Marie Perkins, 45, 2nd Avenue North. Held without bond.
Turned himself in on a warrant for evading arrest by motor vehicle and driving on revoked
* John D. Hickman, 35, Miller Road. Bond: $3,500; court date: March 8.
Served with a criminal summons for passing a worthless check
* Sandra R. Worth, 45, Barnes Hollow Road. Court date: March 16.
Arrested on a Maury County warrant, and also served with two criminal summons for passing worthless checks
* Laquita E. Amos, 31, Columbia.
Arrested and charged with driving on suspended
* Jessie J. Prater, 18, Limestone Avenue. Bond: $500; court date; March 1.
* Michael D. Hills, 48, Martin Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 1. Additional charge: failure to report an accident.