A Lewisburg man was arrested and charged with aggravated burglary and aggravated domestic assault after allegedly breaking into an apartment where he used to live and beating up his former girlfriend.
Zachary T. Polly, 24, of Moreno Lane, was found in the victim's apartment when police responded to a 911 call made by a neighbor about 4:30 a.m. May 16, according to a report by Lewisburg Police Officer Russell Grubbs.
The neighbor called police after seeing a man climb through a window into the apartment, shortly followed by the sounds of screaming and things being broken, Grubbs' report states.
The victim told police she had seen Polly smoking crack in the bathroom on May 10 and "stated she kicked him out of her apartment on the same date and put all of his belongings out on the sidewalk," according to Grubbs' report.
Polly's bond was set at $15,000 and he is due in Lewisburg City Court on June 14.
Polly had also been arrested on May 13 on a warrant for violation of probation. That warrant had a bond of $1,000 and a court date of June 7. The original offence for which Polly was on probation was shoplifting.
Turned himself in on warrants alleging simple assault and aggravated assault
* James F. Brown Sr., 41, Belfast. Bond: $8,000; court date: June 7.
Arrested on a warrant alleging simple assault
* Joseph L. Fulton, 32, Shelbyville. Bond: $2,500; court date: June 15.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Bobby O. Riley Jr., 31, Lee Lane. Bond: $1,000; court date: May 25.
Turned himself in on a warrant alleging domestic assault
* Sean Crigger, 21, Belfast. Bond: $1,000; court date: May 25.
Thefts and vandalism reported
* A power scooter, model R235, valued at $6,000 when new, was taken from a carport on Lynnwood Avenue between May 3 and 11.
* An Xbox 360, a controller, and a "Call of Duty" game, valued at a total of $629, were taken from a residence on James Shaw Road while the owner was away. A different Xbox was left in place of the one that was taken.
* The glass of the east door of Lewisburg Discount Tobacco was broken and a $100 bill was taken from a "coin pusher" that also had its glass broken. Cost to replace the glass is estimated at $400.
* A Dell laptop computer, valued at $400, and some prescription medications were taken from a car parked at its owner's residence on John Lunn Road between May 12 and 13.
* A newspaper stand was vandalized at the Kroger store between 10 a.m. May 16 and 3 a.m. May 17. The owner estimated the damage would cost $200 to repair.
* Between 10 p.m. May 16 and 2:50 a.m. May 17, a Wal-Mart employee's truck was broken into and an AM/FM CD player, valued at $100, was stolen, doing an estimated $100-worth of damage to the dash. Additionally, the victim's driver's license, social security card and checkbook were taken from the glove compartment.
* A 20-inch green BMX bicycle, valued at $100, was taken from Harmon Park at 4th Avenue North.
* Flour and candy were poured all over a car parked at a residence on Collins Hollow Road. The previous weekend, the same residence had its mailbox "egged."
* A non-working dryer that had been involved in the fire at White-Lowe Cleaners was taken without permission by four men who loaded it into a pickup truck about 6 p.m. May 10, according to a witness.
Arrested on a charge alleging driving on a suspended license
* Gregory N. Hill, 32, West Cedar Street. Bond: $500; court date: June 29.
* Max Villafane, 20, Thomas Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: June 14. Also cited for registration violation and no proof of insurance.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Patrick B. Denihan, 50, Glenn Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: June 14.
* Ronald Shelton, 47, 7th Avenue South. Bond: $500; court date: June 14.
Issued with misdemeanor citations for shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Traci L. Beavers, 35, Pine Cone Drive. Court date: June 7.
* Jessica L. Jacobson, 32, Douglas Avenue. Court date: June 7.
Arrested on a warrant alleging that a false report was filed
* Elizabeth C. Dawes, 42, Jerre Lane. Bond: $1,000; court date; June 14.
Arrested on a warrant alleging failure to appear
* Elijah D. Roberts, 24, Lee Lane. Bond: $5,000; court date; June 14.
Arrested on a warrant alleging violation of probation
* Ryan W. Coleman, 30, Chapel Hill. Held without bond for court on June 15.
* Marcella Y. Love, 41, Columbia. Held without bond for court on May 18.
* Bradley E. Boucher, 23, Cornersville. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 7.
* Jeffrey Y. Williams, 38, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 14.
Served with a criminal summons for allegedly violating terms of probation
* Ronnie D. Lanier, 53, 3rd Avenue North. Court date: June 21.