Thefts and vandalism reported
* Sometime between 8 a.m. Sept. 20 and 10 p.m. Sept. 21, a red Baccio motorscooter, valued at $1,000, was stolen from the carport of a residence on Glenn Avenue.
* A Shelbyville woman reported to Lewisburg Police that someone had made fraudulent transactions with her Social Security Benefits card at Wal-Mart in Lewisburg, withdrawing a total of $600. The woman told officers her purse had been stolen at the Greyhound Bus Station in Nashville.
* A Lewisburg woman's credit card was used without her consent on Sept. 24 to purchase items worth $400.
* At a rental property on Long Distance Road, two windows, valued at $50 each, were broken, and a refrigerator ($150) and stove ($100) were stolen. Shana Dyer, 33, and Larry Dyer, 35, both of Belfast-Farmington Road, were arrested on warrants for vandalism and theft, and will be in court on Oct. 19.
* $280 cash was stolen from an unlocked truck while it was parked at Ace Bayou while the owner worked there on Sept. 20.
* Between Sept. 16 and 20, a Work Force Model #THD 550 black and yellow tile saw, worth $100, property of the Lewisburg Housing Authority, was stolen from 301 7th Avenue North, where it was being used to make repairs.
* Two window screens, valued at $40, were cut at a home on Bark Street while the owner was away on Sept. 23.
* A number of Dale Earnhardt collectibles were stolen from a residence of Verona Caney Road which was being cleared up because the owner is in a nursing home.
* Someone calling from Orlando, Fla. tried to get a Chapel Hill woman's credit card number, claiming that he was an employee of "Credit Card Services." The woman did not give her card number, but did reveal her date of birth and the last four digits of her social security number.
Arrested and charged with theft
* Donald Scarfone, 43, Cecil Street. Bond: $500; court date: Oct. 18. Scarfone was discovered by Lewisburg Police Department officers stealing brass fittings from a fire-suppression system at Sanford and later stated "he was taking the fittings to sell due to he was broke."
Arrested on warrants for burglary
* Nathan W. Bowman, 29, 3rd Avenue North. Bond: $6,000; court date: Sept. 21.
Arrested and charged with aggravated domestic assault and vandalism between $1,000 and $10,000
* Adam Kory Crain, 19, Skyline Drive. Bond: $13,500; court date: Oct. 5. The report by Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy Tony Nichols states that Crain destroyed five windows and several pieces of furniture, and also kicked in the screen of a 60-inch flat-screen TV.
Arrested and charged with disorderly conduct
* Amber Krista Crain, 19, Skyline Drive. Bond: $500; court date: Oct. 26.
Arrested on warrants for exploitation of a minor and exhibition of obscene materials to a minor
* Jason A. Powers, 19, Decherd. Bond: $16,000; court date: Oct. 26.
Arrested and charged with assault, public intoxication and resisting arrest
* Samantha M. Byrne, 23, 3rd Avenue North. Bond: $1,500; court date; Nov. 8.
Arrested on a warrant for domestic assault
* John B. Nash, 47, 3rd Avenue North. Bond: $1,000; court date: Nov. 8.
Arrested on a warrant for contempt of court
* Richard Troy Blackwell, 44, Spring Place Road. Held without bond for court on Nov. 8.
Arrested on a warrant for forgery of prescriptions
* Karen B. Trentham, 34, Nashville Highway. Bond: $3,000; court date: Sept. 21.
Arrested on a warrant for failure to appear
* Randall K. Beech J., 34, Chapel Hill. Held without bond for court on Sept. 28.
* Jeffery Shields, 36, Shelbyville. Bond: $1,000; court date: Oct. 12.
* James D. Pettit, 33, Christiana. Held without bond for court on Sept. 28.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* Harry J. Mullen, 34, Columbia. Held without bond for court on Sept. 22.
Arrested on capias warrants for failure to appear, aggravated burglary, and theft
* Claude A. Brown, 27, Cleveland, Tenn. Held without bond for court on Oct. 6.
Served with a criminal summons for harassment
* Deborah Jean Kelley, 53, Bell Buckle. Court date: Oct. 18.
Served with a criminal summons for hindering a secured creditor
* Lydia Shepard, 25, James Shaw Road. Court date not stated.
* Larry Brown, 23, 4th Avenue North. Court date: Oct. 26.
* Margie Westmoreland, 66, Hickory Avenue. Court date: Oct. 26.
-- Karen Hall