'101 Dalmatians' set to open
* WHAT: An old Disney favorite comes to the Dixie Theatre stage this month with a musical adaptation of "101 Dalmatians," presented by the Marshall County Community Theatre Kids Division.
* WHEN: Tonight is opening night. Performances will also be Saturday and Sunday, and Oct. 29-31. The Sunday performances will be at 2 p.m.; all other performances will hit the stage at 7:30 p.m.
* WHERE: You can catch all six performances at the Dixie Theatre on the Lewisburg square.
* TICKETS: On sale now each day at the Dixie Theatre ticket booth from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. You can also purchase tickets at the door, provided seating is available.
* ABOUT THE PLAY: "The Hundred and One Dalmations," a 1956 novel by Dodie Smith, was made famous by the animated Walt Disney classic in 1961.
"101 Dalmatians" has delighted audiences for generations with its cute and cuddly characters and one of the greatest villainous characters and names, Cruella de Vil. Emma Butt will be deliciously Cruella in the role of the infamous villain who plans to make an evil fashion statement from the large litter of puppies belonging to Pongo, played by Laramie Plott, and Perdita, played by Kelsie Lowe.