Rock Creek Horror Picture Show set Saturday evening
Lewisburg Downtown Alliance is presenting the Rock Creek Horror Picture Show on Saturday on the public square and on a walk to Rock Creek Park for a horror movie show.
The 4-11 p.m. event starts on First Avenue with "mostly kid stuff, food vendors, arts and crafts, and booths for various causes," according to LDA Promotions Chair Ken Todd.
"We're avoiding the Courthouse parking lot to leave spaces for the Marshall County Community Theatre's production of '101 Dalmations,'" Todd said.
Live entertainment on the square is to include costume contests, a haunted maze and woods, food, vendors, arts, crafts and, of course the scary movies.
Motorists in town might want to know that the East Church Street bridge over Rock Creek will be closed that evening so young goblins, parents, and the young at heart may stroll from the square to the pedestrian bridge back over the creek where they'll enter the city park to see classic horror movies projected on a screen for the rest of the evening.
Some movies will be shown in City Hall. Movies to be shown include: "Something Wicked This Way Comes" from 6-8 p.m.; "Poltergeist," 8-10 p.m.; and "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in the park.
Other notable events are at the following times:
* 7 a.m. - The area for the festival will be closed to all motor traffic except vendors and event crews.
* 3 p.m. - There's to be a "Zombie-Costume Flash Mob to the Square."
* 3:30 p.m. - All motor vehicles will be banned from the grounds.
* 4 p.m. - Children and pet costume contest sign-up at the main stage and children only may tour the Haunted Maze.
* 5 p.m. - The children's costume contest begins.
* 6 p.m. - Haunted Maze tour opens and sign-ups for the adult costume contest starts for those age 15 and older.
* 7 p.m. - The adult costume contest begins.