A Columbia man recently had his day in court in Marshall County, after serving a sentence in Maury County. Michael S. Barton, 22, appeared before General Sessions Court Judge Steve Bowden on Nov. 30 and pleaded guilty to fraudulent use of a credit card. The warrant sworn out by Lewisburg Police Detective James Johnson states that on Jan. 20, 2010, Barton "knowingly used a stolen credit/debit card for the purpose of obtaining property without the owner's effective consent." Barton was sentenced to serve 75 percent of 11 months 29 days in jail, but this was suspended all but 48 hours. Bowden also ordered him to pay restitution and court costs.
Thefts and vandalism reported
* A Citi bank credit card was stolen from a filing cabinet in a home on Franklin Pike and used in October for purchases valued at $6,082.57. The owner told LPD he has cancelled the card.
* During Nov. 21-30, someone broke into the garage of a home on Fayetteville Highway and took a Gravely 48-inch 18 hp zero-turn mower, worth $5,000, and a 10- by 6-foot utility trailer, valued at $1,000.
* A storage unit on State Route 50 next to We Skate was illegally entered and property valued at $3,800 was taken. Saws, routers, drills, toolboxes, and miscellaneous tools were stolen.
* While a man who lives on David Avenue was at church, someone took 30 Lortabs and $800 that were in his home. The victim told police he left a person in the home painting while he went to church.
* Between 2:30 p.m. Nov. 30 and 1 a.m. Dec. 1, an Xbox 360, a controller, and a game, total value: $400, were taken from a residence on Washington Drive. There were no signs of forced entry.
* Someone tried to get into a 2010 Buick Enclave while it was parked at the owner's residence on Manor Circle, breaking the driver's side window in the process. Nothing appeared to be missing from the vehicle. Owner estimates the window will cost $400 to repair.
* A woman who lives on Belfast Street reported to LPD that her ex-boyfriend stole $200 out of her purse while she was asleep.
* A Lewisburg man reported to the Marshall County Sheriff's Department that someone was using his social security number for employment. He discovered this when he applied for unemployment and was told they had a record of at least five different places he had worked, though he had never been employed at any of them.
* A man in Georgia called MCSD because he had met a man online at www.bladeforums.com and agreed to exchange knives with him. He sent a knife from Georgia to a Mooresville Highway address, but never got a knife back in return.
* Food was thrown at the glass door of an apartment on New Columbia Highway around midnight Dec. 1 and a wicker chair was thrown off the porch and broken. The victim told police she had been having trouble with her neighbors.
* A wallet containing a driver's license and a debit card was stolen from a vehicle left unlocked at Duck River Electric Company while the owner went inside to pay a bill.
Arrested and charged with aggravated assault
* Ronnie L. Clark, 50, Franklin Avenue. Bond: $7,500; court date: Jan. 17.
Arrested on two state warrants for custodial interference and served with a criminal summons for contributing to the delinquency of a minor
* Charles R. Ware, 38, Montclair Street. Bond: $6,000; court date: Jan. 25.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence and violation of the implied consent law
* William C. Smith, 46, Mooresville Highway. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 10. Smith was also cited for excessive speed.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Lionel R. Harris, 30, Shelbyville. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 3.
Arrested and charged with underage consumption and furnishing alcoholic beverages to a minor
* Chelesy McGill, 19, Tiger Boulevard. Bond: $2,000; court date: Dec. 13. McGill and a 16-year-old used fake IDs to get into Leonard's Bar.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Kathryn Teresa "Katie" Foster, 37, 6th Avenue South. Bond: $500; court date: Dec. 20.
Arrested and charged with theft under $500
* David C. Blount Jr. 19, 1st Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 3.
Served with a violation of probation warrant while in Marshall County Jail
* Michael E. Hargrove, 47, Nashville. Held without bond for court on Dec. 7.
* Michael L. Bryan, 30, Shelbyville. Bond: $1,000; court date: Dec. 13.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* Brandi May Hurd, 32, Tullahoma. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 11.
Arrested on an attachment for child support
* Randall Hightower, 51, Allen Street. Bond: $250; court date: Dec. 14.