A Lewisburg church was vandalized last week, allegedly by a juvenile who did not like the pastor, according to a report by Lewisburg Police Detective Sgt. David Henley.
Lighthouse Independent Baptist Church, 504 West Church St., was damaged on Dec. 7. A fire extinguisher had been emptied, leaving white dust all over the floor; chalk had been used to draw a marijuana plant on the wall; and the restroom signs had been torn down, resulting in $400-worth of damage to the sheetrock walls. Jars containing more than $10 in coins and bills were stolen from a classroom; and a watch worth $50 was taken from the pastor's desk. The woman who called police said previously the church had had trouble with her nephew, a juvenile, and when Detective Sgt. David Henley went to the boy's home, the juvenile confessed. The boy was sent to the Bedford County Detention Center, pending a Juvenile Court hearing that was to have been held on Thursday last week.
At about the same time, another Marshall County church was damaged. Sometime on Dec. 6 and 7, an object was thrown through the sign outside Catalpa Church of Christ, making a large hole on the west side and a smaller hole on the east side. Marshall County Sheriff's Department deputies found pieces of the sign in the ditch. A church official valued the sign at $1,600.
Other thefts and vandalism reported
* A resident of Mooresville Highway told police he lost his Heritage South Community Credit Union debit card, and $60 was charged to it at Wal-Mart before he called the credit union to report the card missing.
* A forged prescription for 0.5 mg Xanax was presented at H & S Pharmacy #2 on Dec. 7. The pharmacist confirmed the prescription was forged after the customer left the store. The pharmacist gave the man's name to LPD Officer Douglas Alexander.
* A man who lives on Douglas Avenue told police he sold a 1992 Chevy Lumina to a woman in Davidson County about a month ago. He left the tag -- 599 VPP -- on the car, and has been unable to get it back. The woman promised to mail it, but has not done so, and now she cannot be reached by phone.
* A woman who lives on Yell Road reported to LPD that the registration and wheel tax stickers had been removed from the license plate of her 2002 Saturn, possibly while it was parked at the Lewisburg Wal-Mart.
Arrested on a state warrant for custodial interference
* Brian D. Jett, 33, Old Farmington Road. Bond: $3,000; court date: Jan. 11. Jett was also served with a criminal summons for passing a worthless check, court date: Jan. 25.
Turned himself in on a warrant for violation of the Sex Offender Registry
* Terrance G. Carter, 39, College Street or Nashville Highway. Bond: $3,000: court date: Jan, 11. According to the report by MCSD Detective Keith Jolley, Carter has not reported to the Sheriff's office since June 2009, and has not paid the SOR fee for 2009 or 2010.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Wendi M. Baxer, 41, Franklin Road. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 11.
* Eric D. Shumate, 58, Franklin Pike. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 11.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Nolan F. Parrish, 26, Long Distance Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 11.
Cited for shoplifting $26.76-worth of items from the Dollar General Market
* Tara M. Rowe, 26, Belfast. Court date: Jan. 10.
Turned himself in on a warrant for failure to appear
* Ronald N. Roberts, 46, West Commerce Street. Held without bond for court on Dec. 14.
Arrested on a warrant for failure to appear
* Kristy Nardozzi, 24, Spring Hill. Bond: $3,000; court date: Dec. 21.
Served with a violation of probation warrant while at Marshall County Jail
* Ryan Keith Jordan, 25, Saint Anne Street. Held without bond for court on Dec. 14.
* Donna D. Munsey, 55, Columbia. Held without bond for court on Dec. 14.
* Terry Tomlin, 19, College Grove. Held without bond for court on Jan. 11.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* Adam Long, 27, Dickson. Held without bond for court on Dec. 14.
* Randall K. Beech, 58, Highway 99. Held without bond for court on Dec. 14.
* Robert J. Maxwell, 34, Skyline Drive. Released on his own recognizance; court date: Dec. 9.
* Bradley E. Davis, 41, Nashville Highway. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 31.
Arrested on a warrant for contempt of Lewisburg City Court
* Lydia M. Shepherd, 25, James Shaw Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 3.
Served with an attachment from Chancery Court for failure to appear
* Charles E. Salyer, 48, Pulaski. Bond: $250; court date: Jan. 12.
Served with a criminal summons for violation of probation
* Richard Adams, 41, 4th Avenue North. Court date: Jan. 25.
* Kischa T. Taylor, 37, Nashville. Court date: Feb. 14.
-- Karen Hall