Thefts and vandalism reported
* A Sony PlayStation, a DVD player, an E-machine computer, a Lexmark printer, a Sanyo TV, a fireproof safe containing papers, and a .22 rifle, worth a total of $1,908, were stolen from a home on Anderson Lane in the Marshall County part of the Columbia Post Office service area. The owner left for work at 3:45 a.m. Jan. 18 and a friend saw the front door open about 1:30 p.m. and called the Marshall County Sheriff's Department.
* Sometime in the last six months, a Charter Arms .38 pistol, serial No. 165113, worth $200, was taken from a home in Belfast. Owner told police she kept the pistol in a briefcase.
* $160 cash and a $15 check were stolen from behind the visor of a car parked at its owner's home on Woodlawn Avenue.
* A home on Creek Drive was entered through the back door while the resident was away, and prescription medications, worth $66, were stolen from a dresser drawer. Nothing else appeared to be missing.
* Lortabs worth $32.29 were taken from the bedroom drawer of a Petersburg man's residence while he had some people visiting the house.
* The back window of a car was broken while it was parked at the owner's residence on Franklin Avenue. The victim did not put a monetary value on the damage, but did give police the name of a suspect.
Arrested and charged with reckless driving, possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia
* Brandon Paul Gither, 26, Gardendale, Ala. Bond: $4,000; court date: Feb. 15.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Larry D. Reeves Jr., 39, Thomas Avenue. Bond: $2,000; court date: March 7.
* Anthony A. Lee, 38, Columbia. Bond: $2,000; court date: March 7.
Arrested on a warrant charging domestic assault
* Terry D. Davis, 33, Mecanico Trail. Bond: $1,000; court date: March 7.
Turned himself in on a warrant alleging simple assault
* Jamie A. Perryman, 19, Glenn Avenue. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 14.
Served with warrants alleging assault
* Anthony A. McConnell, 55, and Crystal G. McConnell, 31, Cornersville. Court date: Feb. 16.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Carrie Jean Powell, 36, Verona Caney Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 31.
Arrested on a warrant alleging violation of probation
* Shannon M. Perryman, 28, 5th Avenue North. Bond: $1,000; court date: April 4.
* Benjamin L. Ingram, 36, Shelbyville. Held without bond for court on Jan. 25.
* Eric Sean King, 20, Cornersville. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 15.
Arrested on a warrant alleging failure to appear
* Barbara L. Fralix, 58, Pulaski. Bond: $2,500; court date: March 7.
* Carrie Elizabeth Scott, 23, Mooresville Highway. Held without bond for court on Jan. 25.
Served with a criminal summons alleging violation of probation
* Shane Kiefer Davis, 20, Richardson Road. Court date: Feb. 14.
* Byron R. Coates, 29, Belfast Avenue. Court date: Feb. 23.