On the night of May 19, several hay fields in the Chapel Hill area were damaged by someone driving through them "cutting doughnuts." Cost of the damage is estimated to be well over $2,000. If anyone has information on these crimes, the Marshall County Sheriff's office asks them to call Crime Stoppers at 359-4867. There is a reward if information leads to an arrest.
Thefts and vandalism reported
* A Lewisburg woman's purse was stolen on May 17, either at Wal-Mart or from her home. The purse contained $500 cash, a check book, house keys, insurance cards, and a social security card. Total value of the missing purse and its contents was estimated at $5,580.
* A black 2005 Kawasaki Ninja motorcycle, a blue 90 cc Suzuki four-wheeler, a pop-up camo blind, and a Summit tree stand were taken from a residence on Ebinezer Hollow Road. The value of the last three items is estimated at $445, but the motorcycle belonged to a different person and is worth $3,500.
* Between 3:15 and 6 p.m. May 16, someone stole a Texas Tan Western saddle worth $2,000 from the barn of a property on Delina Road, Petersburg. The saddle has a black seat, silver medallions, silver plates, and full Quarter Horse bars.
* A Cornersville woman told Marshall County Sheriff's Detective Bob Johnson that someone had entered her home and taken the $1,000 cash she had hidden in her freezer. There were no signs of forced entry.
* Two adjacent properties on Comstock Road, Chapel Hill, were damaged by a vehicle driving through their yards. One owner estimated her yard would cost $800 to fix.
* A black Canon Powershot SD1400 IS camera, valued at $500, was left on a table at La Fuente on May 21, and when the owner went back for it, the camera was gone.
* At 6:30 a.m. May 18, a Marshall County Tribune employee reported that the newspaper rack had been stolen from in front of the Tribune offices on West Commerce Street. The rack is worth $425, and is believed to have contained about $60 in coins.
* Someone took a blue Pavilion HD laptop, valued at $150, from a yard sale on 3rd Avenue North and did not pay for it.
* Between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. May 21, someone cracked the living room window of a home on Bark Street. Owner estimated it would cost $100 to repair.
Arrested and charged with assault
* Crystal Mae Martinez, 22, West Commerce Street. Bond: $2,000; court date: June 20. Additional charge: vandalism. Martinez is alleged to have written profanities on her victim's apartment door with a permanent marker, as well as punching the victim in the head and chest when she opened the door, according to Lewisburg Police Officer Larry Hazelwood's report.
Arrested and charged with theft under $500
* Bobby Dean Love, 51, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 20. According to Hazelwood's report, Love's girlfriend shoplifted two items from Wal-Mart, which Love then attempted to return for a cash refund of $217.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Brandon D. Sanders, 25, L & N Avenue. Bond: $5,000; court date: June 13. Additional charge: resisting arrest. Sanders was also cited for illegal parking, no insurance and violation of the registration law. This is allegedly Sanders' fourth driving-on-suspended charge. During the same incident, Beth A. McBee, 18, L & N Avenue, was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. Her bond is $2,000; court date: June 13.
* Keith J. Mitchell, 23, Woodlawn Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: June 20.
* Ashley D. Williams, 25, Belfast-Farmington Road. Bond: $500; court date: June 13.
Arrested and charged with violation of bond conditions
* Virginia A. Buckman, 43, Limestone Avenue. Held without bond for court on June 6. Additional charge: criminal trespass.
* Lisa M. Beadle, 26, Maple Street. Held without bond for court on June 13. Additional charge: public intoxication.
Served with a warrant for assault on an officer
* Ernest L. Feinstein, 22, Belfast Street. Bond and court date not stated. Feinstein was being moved from one area to another in Marshall County Jail on May 16 when he head-butted Officer Justin Christmas, causing bleeding.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Hugh Gilliam, 38, West Commerce Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 20.
* Benjamin Ingram, 36, White Drive. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 13.
* Jeremiah Wise Chapman, 30, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 28.
Turned himself in on a warrant for domestic assault
* Jonathan D. Wyche, 27, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 7.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Melia Kristina Hansen, 22, Franklin. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 19. Hansen was also charged with speeding (72 mph in a 45 mph zone).
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Everett L. Hopwood, 48, South Ellington Parkway. Bond: $1,500; court date: June 20. Hopwood was also cited for no proof of insurance, failure to give immediate notice of an accident, and failure of duty upon striking an unattended vehicle.
* Megan E. Crabtree, 24, Center Street. Bond: $500; court date: July 11.
Arrested and charged with shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Rhonda Kay Gooch, 35, Villa Green Drive. Bond: $500; court date: June 20 Value of items: $153.94.
Cited for shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Felicia Nicole Simmons, 20, 3rd Avenue North. Court date: June 6. Value of items: $66.23.
Turned himself in on warrants for drug paraphernalia and simple possession of marijuana
* Nicholas A. Parks, 25, Coble Drive. Bond: $2,000; court date: June 28.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* Kristin N. Haun (Davis), 21, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date; June 13.
* William Chad Poarch, 21, Cornersville. Held without bond for court on May 24.
Arrested on a warrant for failure to appear
* William Patrick Harris, 25, West End Avenue. Held without bond for court on June 6.
Served with a criminal summons for violation of probation
* Antomme D. Cawthorn, 32, 1st Avenue North. Court date: June 14.
Served with a failure-to-appear warrant at Marshall County Jail
* Larry Baker, 46, Gallatin. Held without bond for court on May 17.
Arrested on a bench warrant
* Bill Bartlett, 67, Verona-Caney Road. Held without bond for an unspecified court date.
Served with a criminal summons for passing a worthless check
* Donna Farris, 53, Finley Beech Road. Court date: June 14.
-- Karen Hall