Paul F. Cherry, 63, of New Columbia Highway, will be served with warrants for driving under the influence (5th offence) and vehicular assault when he is released from a hospital, according to the report by Lewsiburg Police Officer Clint Newbill. About 7:45 p.m. June 11, Cherry was in a head-on collision at the intersection of Cornersville Highway and Yell Road. "Oh, I've done it now," Cherry said, according to Newbill, when he heard that people in the other vehicle had been injured.
Officer Terry Ebenstein witnessed the crash and stated, "The force of the head-on collision was so great that the rear ends of both vehicles lifted off the ground and almost formed a V-shape."
Cherry told Newbill he had drunk seven to 10 beers and said he "believed he passed out while driving."
Thefts and vandalism reported
* Two diamond rings, worth a total of $14,500, were stolen from a locked bedroom in a home on Mealer Road, Chapel Hill. The owner was with her critically ill father at Maury Regional Medical Center at the time of the theft. Fifty-seven Lortabs were also taken.
* Between 4 p.m. June 17 and 5:30 a.m. June 18, someone entered a storage building on Finley Beech Road that belongs to Saddle Creek Golf Course and took items worth a total of $6,200. Windows that will cost an estimated $125 to repair were broken. Items taken included two Stihl chainsaws, a Shindaiwa weedeater, two walkie-talkies, a cordless drill combo, and a Club Car Tuff-Carryall golf cart. Lewisburg Police Department detectives are investigating.
* Two pistols in their plastic cases, said to be worth $500 each, were stolen from the master bedroom of a home on Dodson Drive sometime in the last two months. They were a Walther P22 .22 caliber black semiautomatic with laser sights, serial number L104773, and a Smith & Wesson Sigma .40 caliber black semiautomatic, serial number PBH9090. Owner told Lewisburg Police Officer Dac Burrow he "usually leaves the doors to his residence unlocked."
* A woman from Hoover, Ala. reported to Lewisburg Police that someone used her debit card at the Lewisburg Wal-Mart to buy an iPad 2 for $963.66 on June 13. Surveillance video shows a young woman swiping a card for the purchase, but the victim told Officer Dac Burrow she still has her card and had not lost it or loaned it to anyone.
* The sign at Oak Park Apartments, on Preston Avenue, and a smaller sign that said "No Dumping" were sprayed with gold paint, probably on June 10. Owner estimated the signs would cost $600 to replace.
* Between 2 and 3:15 a.m. June 19, a 20-inch plasma TV and a Sony DVD player, worth a total of $260, and $300 cash were stolen from a home on McClure Street while the resident was away visiting a friend. There were no signs of forced entry.
* An LG Optimus Purple cell phone, valued at $350, was stolen from a car while the owner was shopping at S & D Wholesale on June 18.
* The owner of a home on Maple Street was away for 20 minutes during the evening of June 17, and when he came back, he found the glass of his front door shattered and a rock on the floor inside. Owner told police the glass would cost $150 to repair. He also said he did not think anyone had entered the residence.
* Between 2 a.m. and 2 p.m. June 14, someone took four large bags of aluminum cans, worth $40, from the rear of a residence on White Drive.
* Someone spray painted an offensive sentence on the glass storm door of a home on Scenic Drive in the early hours of June 15.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Greg Allan Zollner, 41, Bark Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 18. According to the report by Lewisburg Police Officer Clyde Ragsdale, Zollner refused to sign his bond conditions and said, "I'll stay in jail forever."
* Frank L. Lyttle, 49, Finley Beech Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 18.
* William S. Nix, 40, Petersburg. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 28.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Kallie Jo Collins, 40, South Ellington Parkway. Bond: $1,500; court date: July 18. Additional charge: violation of the implied consent law. This is Collins' second arrest on a DUI charge this month.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Corey D. Stroud, age not stated, Buena Vista Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 18.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Stephen J. Johnson, 20, Collins Hollow Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: Aug. 1. Additional charge: underage consumption.
* Joseph D. Brock, 30, 7th Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: July 11.
* Stacy Dean Mihalek, 31, Titan Way. Bond: $500; court date: July 18.
* Winter Sky Robinson, 22, Shelbyville. Bond: $1,000; court date: July 19.
Served with a summons for contempt of court
* Kimberly Hodge, 34, 2nd Avenue North. Court date: July 18.
Cited for shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Jamie N. Erickson, 21, Franklin. Court date: July 18. Erickson allegedly took two sets of Brinks exterior door locks, worth $26.94, and attempted to leave without paying for them.
Served with a criminal summons for assault
* Cam Harmon, 48. Cornersville. Court date: June 28.
Turned himself in on a violation-of-parole warrant
* Jimmy Dewayne Lentz, 36, Franklin Road. Bond and court date not stated.