Served with 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force warrants at Marshall County Jail
* Winston C. McClain, 24, Park Avenue. Bond: $32,000; court date: Aug. 30. Charges: possession of crack cocaine for resale, possession of drug paraphernalia, and felony evading arrest. According to the warrant sworn by Agent Shane Daugherty, "McClain admitted to being involved in the distribution of crack cocaine in the Lewisburg area." McClain allegedly had approximately 24 grams of crack and a set of digital scales in his room at the Walking Horse Inn when Daugherty got consent to search on July 22. McClain was also served with a violation of probation warrant out of Lewisburg City Court, and on this warrant his bond is $1,000; court date: Sept. 19.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Benjamin G. Wakefield, 26, Sheppard Branch Road. Bond: $10,000; court date: Sept. 13. Additional charges: possession of a handgun while intoxicated; possession of a Schedule IV drug (Soma); possession of drug paraphernalia; possession of marijuana; and violation of the implied consent law.
* Christopher G. Whitten-Grantham, 27, Millington, Tenn. Held without bond for court on Aug. 16. Additional charge: driving on a revoked license. This is allegedly Whitten-Grantham's second DUI.
* David M. Carter, 44, Collins Hollow Road. Held without bond for court on Aug. 29. Additional charge: violation of the implied consent law. Carter allegedly told Lewisburg Police Officer John Christmas the case against him for a fourth DUI charge (on May 8) is still pending in General Sessions Court.
* Bradley E. Davis, 41, Nashville Highway. Held without bond for court on Sept. 19. Davis was also served with a violation-of-probation warrant. This is allegedly Davis' 3rd DUI.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Lydia Marie Shepherd, 25, James Shaw Road. Bond: $8,500; court date: Sept. 13. Additional charges: possession of Schedule II drugs (Adderall and oxycodone) and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Arrested at the same time was the passenger in the car, Gary S. Puckett, 28, Chapel Hill. Puckett was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. His bond was set at $500; court date: Sept. 13.
Thefts and vandalism reported
* Between 7 and 10 p.m. Aug. 13, someone kicked in the front door of a home on Old Columbia Road and took an estimated $1,800-worth of items. Among the missing items are a Davis Industries chrome-plated, semi-automatic .380-caliber pistol, an heirloom diamond necklace, a diamond wedding and engagement ring set, a number of fitted baseball caps, and eight pairs of Air Jordan shoes. Repairs to the door frame will cost an estimated $200.
* Between Aug. 8 and 9, property was removed from the area of Overcast Body Shop on Old Belfast Road. Missing items, valued at a total of $1,115, include a wheel for an F250 truck, a 20-inch cut Murray mower, three bumpers for an El Camino, a set of mechanic's ramps, and four Toyota tires and wheels. $250-worth of miscellaneous car parts were also reported missing.
* When Marshall County Highway Department employees returned to the equipment they had left parked at the junction of Reynolds Road and Wilson School Road on Aug. 10, they found that the batteries had been stolen out of the gravel chipper and the steamroller. Also missing were a five-gallon can of hydraulic fluid, two grease guns, and two tubes of grease. A radiator hose had been cut. Total cost of the stolen and vandalized items is estimated at $500 to $1,000.
* A Lewisburg man reported to police he had received a bill for $877.32 for a Verizon Wireless cell phone account that someone opened in his name from an address in Nashville. The man stated to police he has been the victim of identity theft since Oct. 2010, when someone tried to open cell phone accounts in his name with other providers.
* Sometime in the last six weeks, two pieces of farm equipment - a two-row disc and a drag rake, said to be worth a total of $800 - were taken from a farm on South Berlin Road.
* The back door of a home on Limestone Avenue was pried open while the owner was out of town from Aug. 7 to 9, and an HP Photosmart printer and scanner were damaged. The victim told police the printer/scanner was worth $500 and she was still making payments on it. The estimate for repairing the door is $300.
* Approximately 100 wooden 4 x 4 pallets were taken from behind S & D Warehouse, near the loading dock, between Aug. 6 and 8. Owner stated the total value of the pallets was $500.
* Between 11 a.m. Aug. 13 and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 14, the mailbox of a home on Midway Street was destroyed, possibly by someone running off the road. Owner estimates the cost of replacement at $300.
* A green push mower, valued at $250, was stolen from the yard of a home on 2nd Avenue North. An employee of Buffalo Valley told Lewisburg Police Officer Steve Sanders she saw two white males (one overweight and one skinny) walk across 2nd Avenue with the mower.
* A 24-inch Weedeater brand lawnmower was taken from the front yard of a home on Adams Street between Aug. 11 and 12. Owners value the mower at $50.
* A counterfeit one-dollar bill was found in the deposit from Oak Grove School when it was counted at First Commerce Bank on Aug. 9.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Jerome E. Huntley, 56, Maple Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 19.
* Jodie Ann Adams, 26, Silver Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 19.
* Brittany Lynn Hayes, 22, Mooresville Highway. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 12.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Ashley Nicole Presley, 21, Taft, Tenn. Bond: $500; court date: Sept. 9.
* Raymond John Cochran, 26, 3rd Avenue North. Bond and court date not stated
On Aug. 8 at Northgate Apartments, the following arrests were made
* Anthony Dewayne Archer, 23, Fox Lane. Charge: resisting stop-halt-frisk. Bond and court date not stated.
* Shakia Archer, 22, Fox Lane. Charge: violation of probation and filing a false report. Bond: $1,000; court date not stated.
Arrested and charged with criminal trespass on Lewisburg Housing Authority property
* James Anthony Mitchell, 49, Nashville. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 12.
Arrested on a warrant for passing a worthless check
* Michael L. Apple, 55, Brentwood. Bond: $2,500; court date: Sept. 13.
Issued with citations for driving on a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident
* Antonio G. Gonzalez, 39, Hull Avenue. Court date not stated.
Cited for shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Jeanette McMillian, 63, Petersburg. Court date: Sept. 19.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* Troy M. Hall, 33, Nashville Highway. Held without bond for court on Aug. 16. At the jail, Hall was served with warrants for domestic assault and violation of the sex offender registry.
* Phillip R. Byrd, 45, Nashville. Held without bond for court on Aug.16.
* Jason Andrew Powers, 20, Winchester. Held without bond for an unspecified court date.
* Justin C. Adams, 21, Belfast-Farmington Road. Held without bond for court on Aug. 16.
* Joseph M. Deblasio, 25, Columbia. Held without bond for an unspecified court date.
* Wayne Shelton, 57, Nashville. Bond: $1,500; court date: Sept. 13.
* Dana Jones, 53, West Commerce Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 27.
* Terry Stovall, 43, Brents Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 19.
* Jarvis Taylor, 25, 5th Avenue North. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 19.
* Kayla Langley, 18, Cornersville Highway. Bond: $1,000; court date: Sept. 19.
Served with a criminal summons for violation of probation
* Misty M. Lawrence, 38, Long Distance Road. Court date: Sept. 27.
* Christopher R. Railling, 25, Belfast-Farmington Road. Court date: Sept. 27.
* Shane Jones, 37, Harwell Street. Court date: Sept. 20.
* Janice F. Dockery, 52, Harwell Street. Court date: Sept. 12.
Turned himself in on a violation-of-probation warrant
* Andrew D. Page, 21, Shelbyville. Bond not stated; court date: Sept. 12.