Thefts and vandalism reported
* A service line to a home, and the associated transformer, together valued at $2,500, were accidentally damaged when a mower got hung on the service line.
* A Blackberry Curve cell phone, said to be worth $479, was stolen from a checkout counter at Dollar General Market after a customer accidentally left it behind.
* A brown leather purse was stolen from the living room of a home on West Commerce Street while the owner was in the laundry room. The victim said the purse contained items with a total value of $174.10. These included 100 hydrocodone tablets, $25 cash, debit and E.B.T. cards, and identification cards.
* Between 5:45 and 8 p.m. Sept. 10, an employee's purse was stolen from her car while it was parked at Wal-Mart. The purse, valued at $60, was black with a Playboy bunny on it. Inside the purse were $103 cash, a driver's license, and a debit card.
* Between 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Sept. 11, someone took a wallet from a car parked in Shoney's rear parking lot. The victim said the wallet was in plain view on the console, and the car was unlocked. The wallet contained $125, a driver's license, social security card, debit card and insurance cards.
* On Sept. 7, a purse was taken from a woman's car while it was parked at Goodwill, or at Kroger. The victim told police the purse and wallet together were worth $110. Inside were $20, blank checks, a bank card, a food stamp card, a birth certificate, and $79-worth of medications.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Scotty Joseph Blackwell, 31, Bivins Road. Bond: $2,500; court date: Oct. 4. Additional charges: resisting arrest and violation of the implied consent law. This is allegedly Blackwell's second DUI. In the same incident, Cody Keith Blackwell, 20, Old Belfast Road, was charged with public intoxication and underage consumption. Bond: $1,000; court date: Oct. 4.
* Michael Boyd Hopkins, 42, Walnut Road. Bond: $1,500; court date: Sept. 19. Additional charges: violation of the implied consent law and failure to obey a traffic control device.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Allen Lane Hess, 30, Franklin Avenue. Bond: $1,500; court date: Sept. 19.
Served with a violation-of-probation warrant at Marshall County Jail
* Christopher Tyrone Black, 41, Lynnville. Held without bond for court on Sept. 13.
Arrested on a warrant for failure to appear
* Ignacio Guzman, 28, Woodlawn Avenue. Bond: $15,000; court date: Sept. 27.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of probation
* David T. Boyd, 43, Fayetteville. Bond: $1,000; court date: Oct. 31. Boyd was picked up at the Lincoln County line.
Served with a criminal summons for assault
* Bobbie Jo Howerton, 29, Chapel Hill. Court date: Sept. 27.