Dogs available for adoption at shelter
The following dogs are available for adoption through the Lewisburg Animal Shelter.
The shelter is overflowing with dogs, many which have been there for a couple of weeks.
We need to find homes for these dogs as soon as possible. All of these dogs have a date for euthanization. Come save a life today.
* Cotton - Cutie pie Cotton is a young female shepherd-mix pup. She's happy and affectionate.
* Badger - A very sweet tan and white puppy. He has a very expressive face and floppy ears.
* Homer - Young male. Very striking dog. Looks like he could have some Kelpie,
Koolie or Belgian in him. Long, narrow snout and high-set ears. Might be a good working and farm dog.
* Sheena - Young female black Lab mix. She really wants attention and to be petted. Will make a wonderful family companion dog.
* Strammer - Jet black, male Lab/shepherd mix. He can hold his ears straight up. Very good-looking boy. Friendly, but too energetic to be with young or small children. Housebroken.
* Boxcar - Very cute, young, male Jack Russell terrier mix. Smart and scared. Come get him out of the shelter.
* Russell - He is a very good-looking black and white pit mix. Quiet and no known
* Rambo - Very handsome white pit mix. An owner drop-off, Rambo doesn't understand why he's not at home anymore. His owner is an elderly gentleman who said that Rambo was just too strong for him to handle. Need to be an only pet - no other dogs or cats, but loves his people.
There are many other wonderful companions at the shelter, as well. This list may change as dogs are adopted or rescued. Contact the shelter immediately if you're interested in one of these dogs or if you know someone who is missing one of these dogs.
The adoption fee is $71, which covers the dog's first vaccinations and their spay or neuter at a local veterinarian.
You may see the current adoptable dogs on the Lewisburg Animal Shelter Facebook page or the shelter's website at www.lewisburganimalshelter.com. The shelter is located at 300 Woodside Drive, Lewisburg, TN. Telephone 359-5948.
Remember - if you've lost a dog, please check the shelter immediately. They can't keep a dog for a long time, so your dog may be euthanized if you wait too long.