Thefts and vandalism reported
* Between 7:50 and 8:15 a.m. Feb. 28, a silver Sony VAIO laptop, valued at $1,200, was taken from an office at CKNA Lewisburg. The victim was the account supervisor for G.C.A. and his office is located near the plant cafeteria. The laptop belonged to his supervisor at the Shelbyville CKNA location.
* A Lewisburg man reported to police that his Heritage South Community Credit Union card had been used in California to buy $40-worth of gas at a Chevron station, $275-worth of clothes at TJ Maxx, and $520.27-worth of software at Office Max. The Credit Union advised him of the fraud.
* On Feb. 26, a Lewisburg man reported to Marshall County Sheriff's Department that someone tried to steal a four-month-old Labrador puppy, valued at $400, from his home on Anes Station Road.
* Between 5 p.m. Feb. 24 and 7 a.m. Feb. 27, someone entered the Marshall County Solid Waste building and took a crescent wrench and a trailer hitch pin, worth a total of $25. Some locks were taken off the workers' lockers. The work truck was moved from one side of the lot to the other, damaging the tongue of the utility trailer that was hitched to it. Cost of repairing the trailer is estimated at $300.
* A Lewisburg woman had her purse, containing $300 cash, taken from a shopping cart in the parking lot of Dollar General Market. The victim told police she accepted a man's offer to put the cart up for her, then realized she had left her purse in the basket. "When she turned around the male subject was not there," wrote Officer Anthony McLean in his report.
* A Culleoka man reported to Marshall County Sheriff's Department that someone from California used his CB&S Bank credit card number to buy $300-worth of iTunes. The bank is investigating, but told the victim to file a report with the Sheriff's office.
* A lever-action Marlin 30-30, valued at $300, was taken from a home on Yell Road sometime in June 2011. The stock was light honey oak and there was rust on the metal. The rifle was inherited from the victim's father.
* About 11:30 p.m. March 3, someone shot a car with a pellet gun while it was parked at the owner's home on Highway 40. There were three marks on the car, and the driver's window was broken. The estimate for replacing the window is $200.
* A purse was stolen from a car parked at Advanced Auto Parts on March 1. A witness gave police the descriptions of two men she saw take the purse, and also described their getaway car. The purse was cream color with black/maroon stripes. It contained a First Commerce Bank checkbook, a keyring with a "J" on it, prescription medication, and an ADT alarm key. The purse and its contents were valued at just over $100.
* A Chapel Hill woman reported to Marshall County Sheriff's Department that her Visa debit card number had been used to make Internet purchases totaling $47.79. The victim shut down her account.
* A Lewisburg woman reported to Marshall County Sheriff's Department that someone stole her identity as long ago as 2010, but just recently she started getting calls and letters about accounts she was not paying. A check of her credit report revealed loans and credit cards that she had not taken out.
Arrested on a fugitive-from-justice warrant from Texas
* Bert Edgar Smith, 40, Gold Road. Held without bond.
Arrested on a contempt-of-court warrant from Chancery Court
* Deborah L. Abernathy, 42, Cummings Circle. Bond: $10,000; court date: March 21.
Arrested on 17th Judicial District Drug Task Force warrants
* Stacy Lynn Carpenter, 32, Cornersville Road. Bond: $3,000; court date: March 27. Charges: possession of drug paraphernalia and manufacture of marijuana.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Michael J. Gray, 30, Holly Grove Road. Bond: $500; court date: April 2.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Johnson W. Cozart, 32, 4th Avenue North. Bond: $1,500; court date: April 2.
* Christopher W. Ward, 45, Scenic Drive. Bond: $1,000; court date: April 2.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Matthew B. Russell, 30, East Commerce Street. Bond: $2,000; court date; April 2. The owner of the car was cited for no taillights and violation of the open container law, and will be in court the same day.
Arrested and charged with underage drinking
* Nathan Perryman, 19, Reese Road. Bond: $1,000; court date: April 2.
Arrested and charged with driving on a revoked license
* Gerry D. Smithson, 55, Hallmark Drive. Bond: $500; court date: April 9. Also cited for leaving the scene, driving an unregistered vehicle, and failure to provide proof of insurance.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Katherine E. Stutts, 54, Hallmark Drive. Bond not stated; court date: April 9.
* Kayla M. Langley, 19, Cornersville Road. Bond: $500; court date: March 19.
* Daniel L. Foster, 32, Cornersville. Bond: $500; court date: April 2.
* Brian C. Weaver, 41, Springplace Road. Bond: $500; court date: April 2.
Cited for shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* James A. Robinson, 18, Collins Hollow Road. Court date: March 19.
Served with a violation-of-probation summons
* Lisa Marie Sanders, 23, Belfast. Court date: March 27.
Arrested on a failure-to-appear warrant
* Jason E. Anderson, 30, Murfreesboro. Bond: $1,000; court date: March 20.
* Chris E. Porter, 30, Petersburg. Bond: $1,000; court date: March 20.
* Allan B. Bennett, 51, Murrey Street. Bennett was also served with an attachment from Juvenile Court. Total bond: $5,000; court dates: March 5 and 6.
* Chris Porter, 30, Petersburg. Bond: $5,000; court date: April 2.
Arrested on a violation-of-probation warrant
* Crystal M. Martinez, 23, West Commerce Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: March 19.
* Levi A. Alderman, 20, Cornersville. Bond: $1,000; court date: April 2.
Turned herself in on a failure-to-appear warrant and an attachment from Juvenile Court
* Consuela N. Jones, 36, Marshall Street. Bond: $1,000; court date: March 6.
Arrested on a Rutherford County violation-of-probation warrant
* Jessica Brooke Raines, 23, Cornersville Road.
Served with a summons for contempt of Lewisburg City Court
* Donald R. Derryberry, 30, Phillips Street. Court date: March 12.
-- Karen Hall