Arrested and charged with disorderly conduct
* Melvin Lee Beck, 30, Spring Hill, Fla. Bond: $500; court date not stated. Lewisburg police were called when Beck was seen urinating on the front door and steps of the Lewisburg Gas Department about 8 a.m. Friday, May 25. A warrants check revealed that Beck has an active warrant from Ashville, N.C. for aggravated assault, and he is being held without bond as a fugitive from justice.
* Kelsie A. Scheffler, 20, Ostella Road. Bond: $500; court date: July 2.
* Tammy R. Meeks, 44, 4th Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: June 18.
Thefts and vandalism reported
* Sometime in the three weeks preceding May 29, a safe was taken from the top shelf of a closet at a home on Whitesell Road, Culleoka. Owner reported to Marshall County Sheriff's Department deputies the safe contained $4,000 cash, plus vehicle titles, property deeds, passports and social security cards. There were no signs of forced entry.
* Between May 22 and 29, someone did $4,000-worth of damage to a 2004 yellow H2 Hummer that belongs to a resident of College Street. Lewisburg Police Officer James Repasky reported scratches all over the vehicle, and damage to the back driver's side wheel.
* Between May 24 and 29, a 2000 16-foot black trailer, an 8,000-pound Ramsey winch, and three chains were stolen from a business on Cochran Cemetery Road. The trailer has three black wheels and one white wheel. Total value of the missing items is $3,000.
* $2,000-worth of damage was done to a vending machine at the car wash on Darnell Mealer Road by a man who broke open the machine with a steel rod. The thief got less than $10 in bills and no change. The whole incident, including pictures of the man and the getaway car, was captured on surveillance video which has been turned over to police.
* A Lewisburg man deposited a check for $1,789.75 in his bank account to help out neighbors who told him they didn't have a bank account, but needed to get the payroll check cashed. Most of the money ($1,100) was lost in a robbery in Shelbyville, but the man gave his neighbor $600 cash, and then found out the check was counterfeit.
* The back window of a 2007 Nissan Versa, parked at the owner's home on Water Street, was smashed between midnight and 7 a.m. The glass will cost $300 to replace.
* A resident of Reynolds Road, Columbia, told Marshall County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jerry Harden his ex-girlfriend and another woman came to his home after he was arrested for a domestic assault. The victim said the women took a Gerber hunting knife, a bottle of legal moonshine, some prescription medication, and two "dirty movies." Total value of the missing items was estimated at $165.
* Sometime before 5:30 a.m. May 25, the hinge of one office door was damaged and the glass of another was broken at Rosemill Packaging, but nothing appeared to be missing, and the exterior doors were locked. The case was turned over to Lewisburg Police detectives.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Colby Nathan Pinkerton, 26, Athens, Ala. Bond: $4,000; court date: July 10. Additional charges: carrying a weapon (loaded shotgun) and driving on a revoked license. This is allegedly Pinkerton's second DUI.
Arrested and charged with aggravated assault
* Jason C. McCollum, 27, Woodlawn Avenue. Bond: $9,000; court date: June 11.
Arrested on a warrant for domestic assault
* Joshua S. Lamb, 33, Chapel Hill. Bond: $10,000; court date: June 26.
Arrested and charged with driving on a revoked license
* Judith L. Janecek, 41, 4th Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: June 18. Also cited for speeding.
* Flor Miranda Ramos, 29, Mooresville Highway. Bond: $500; court date: June 18. Also cited for no proof of insurance, misuse of a license plate, and expired tags. According to the report by Lewisburg Police Officer Mike Davis, Ramos was driving a black Ford F150 with a tag registered to a 1998 white Chevy truck.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* Richard C. Allen, 44, Belfast. Bond: $500; court date: June 11.
* Robert A. Raby, 26, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: June 11. Also cited for no proof of insurance.
* Jessica M. Blackwell, 28, Holly Grove Road. Bond: $500; court date: July 10.
Cited for driving without a license
* Deseray N. Harris, 26, Woodlawn Avenue. Court date: July 2. Also cited for no proof of insurance and parking in a fire lane.
Cited for shoplifting from Wal-Mart
* Laiklyne M. Gatlin, 18, South Ellington Parkway. Court date: June 11. A 16-year-old, who was with Gatlin when they allegedly tried to leave the store with $142.35-worth of merchandise they had not paid for, was cited into Juvenile Court.
Served with a criminal summons for passing a worthless check
* Selethia Brown, 53, Jackson Avenue. Court date: July 24.
Arrested on a violation-of-probation warrant
* Kevin D. Doner, 37, Spring Hill. Bond: $15,000; court date: July 10.
Served with a violation-of-probation warrant at Marshall County Jail
* William Chad Poarch, 22, Cornersville. Bond: $250; court date: June 26.
- Karen Hall