The Lewisburg Shelter is full of dogs that need homes immediately or many may be euthanized to make room in the pound. If you'd like to sponsor a dog to help save its life, please contact the pound's Facebook page or call the pound at 359-5948.
The following dogs are available for adoption, most of which are set to be euthanized this Wednesday morning, Aug. 15, so call first thing to save a life.
* Pumpkin #304 - Lovely Walker coonhound mix. She was picked up on Church Road.
* Tabby #312 - Another good looking Walker coonhound mix. She was picked up on Industrial Drive.
* Red #307 - Cute as a button white and red merle American cattle dog girl.
* Crimson #308 - Classic blue merle male American cattle dog.
* Ten #310 - Rust colored shepherd mix boy.
* Sissy #311 - Beautiful tan and white Jack Russell terrier mix girl who is four years old. Small enough for an apartment.
* Bubba #313 - Very handsome red min-pin mix. He has a nice, wide chest and is a real cutie. Just right for an apartment!
The following dogs may be euthanized on Wednesday, Aug. 22:
* Rags #325 - This is a very young female puppy that is brown and may have some dachshund, min-pin or hound in her. She was picked up at the Northgate Arms. Expected euthanasia date: August 22nd.
* Red #314 - This beautiful long-haired, small collie-mix boy is surely someone's lost beloved family member. He was picked up on East Berkley Circle.
* Black #317 - This is a gorgeous black Lab mix boy with a great smile and spots on his tongue. He was found on Ed Watson Road.
* Goldie #324 - This beautiful cream-colored Lab girl has a blue right eye, pink nose and tan ears. She was picked up on Gold Road.
In addition to the dogs listed, new dogs come into the pound almost daily. This list may change as dogs are adopted, rescued or claimed by their owner. Contact the pound immediately if you're interested in one of these dogs or if you know someone who is missing one of these dogs.
The adoption fee is $71, which covers the dog's first vaccinations and its spay or neuter at a local veterinarian.
You may see the current adoptable dogs on the Lewisburg Animal Shelter Dogs Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewisburg-.... The pound is located at 300 Woodside Avenue in Lewisburg. Telephone 359-5948.
Remember - if you've lost a dog, please check the pound immediately. They can't keep a dog for a long time, so your family pet may be euthanized if you wait.