Thefts and vandalism reported
* On Dec. 20, a man cashed a cashier's check for $4,895 at the customer service desk at Kroger. The check was made out to Adam Short, and the man had identification with the same name. First Farmers Bank later informed the store the check was counterfeit. Surveillance video has been handed over to Lewisburg Police Detective Santiago McKlean for further investigation.
* On Dec. 29, a resident of Anes Station Road discovered their 2002 Dodge truck had been "keyed" all over, with vulgarities scratched into the paint. The grill was broken, and there was a dent under the gas cap. Total cost of repairing the damage is estimated at $4,500.
* While a Lebanon woman's car was parked at a home on Wade Brown Road it was vandalized. All the panels were "keyed" air was let out of two tires, and an unknown substance was put in the gas tank. Cost of repairing the damage will be more than $2,500.
* A Lewisburg man reported to police someone had used his credit card information to make 24 purchases of $93.13 each, totaling $2,235.
* A Honda four-wheeler worth $1,000 was stolen from the bed of a truck while the truck was parked at Sidelines Bar and Grill on Dec. 22.
* A piece of heavy equipment was delivered to a Hawkins and Price LLC job site on Hopkins Bridge Road on Dec. 28. The next day the foreman noticed two 12-volt batteries and a chain spreader, worth a total of $1,000, had been taken from the newly delivered machine.
* A 64 gigabyte iPad worth $374.99 was stolen from Game Stop. Lewisburg Police Sgt. Jerry Broyles looked at the security video and saw a man put the iPad in his pants pocket, cover it with his coat, and walk out of the store, while a woman distracted the clerk.
* A Samsung Stratosphere smartphone worth $300 was reported missing to Lewisburg Police Department. The victim told Lewisburg Police Officer Vincent Cuevas she loaned the phone to her boyfriend, and it disappeared after some friends had been visiting his house. The victim also reported she had received several messages from a person who said they knew where the phone was and stated they were going to break it.
* A Lewisburg man reported to police a former family member stole some of his checks and had been cashing them at Fairview Market. A total of $189.22 worth of checks was written without permission.
* Between 9 p.m. Dec. 27 and 11:30 p.m. Dec. 30, the mailbox of a home on Hickory Circle was vandalized by someone who cut the iron support post off at ground level. The door of the mailbox was also damaged, and the owner told Lewisburg Police Officer Charles Brannan there was no mail in the box when she found it. The mailbox is valued at $100.
* Between 4:30 p.m. Dec. 26 and 6:15 a.m. Dec. 28, someone entered a home on Milltown Road and went through the owner's belongings, leaving things out of place. Whoever was in the house ate and drank, slept in the bed, used the shower, fired a shot from the owner's 9 mm handgun, and left "The Avengers" in the DVD player. Nothing appeared to be missing.
Turned himself in on a warrant for driving under the influence
* Dustin M. Potts, 24, Columbia. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 4. Potts was injured when his truck hit a utility pole on Sept. 29, according to the report by Lewisburg Police Officer Mike Davis. On Dec. 20, lab results came back from the state, revealing that Potts' blood-alcohol content was above the legal limit at the time of the accident and Davis wrote a warrant for his arrest. This is allegedly Potts' second DUI.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Patricia A. Mealer, 53, West End Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: Feb. 4.
* Allan Blair Bennett, 52, Murray Street. Bond: $2,000; court date: Feb. 11. Additional charges: driving on a suspended license, leaving the scene of an accident, and failure to report an accident.
* Jennifer S. Stacey, 38, Culleoka. Bond and court date not stated. Additional charges: violation of the implied consent law and driving on a suspended license.
* Johnny B. Cook, 71, Chapel Hill. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 29. Also cited for speeding and violation of the open container law.
Arrested and charged with public intoxication
* Gregory S. Finke, 45, 2nd Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: Feb. 11.
* Terry N. Stovall, 44, West Commerce Street. Bond: $500; court date: Feb. 4.
* Bobby R. Endsley, 29, South Berlin Road. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 29.
Arrested and charged with auto burglary and public intoxication
* Stacy Mihalek, 33, Titan Way. Bond: $6,500; court date: Feb. 11.
Arrested and charged with driving on a suspended license
* William D. Davis Jr., 47, Hopkins Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: Feb. 4. Also cited for speeding.
* Kevin M. Garrett, 21, Wade Brown Road. Bond: $500; court date: Feb. 11. Also cited for failure to provide proof of insurance.
Cited for driving on a suspended license
* Sarah Marie Carter, 24, John R. Hill Road. Court date: Feb. 4. Also cited for having a headlight out.
Arrested and charged with driving on a revoked license
* Barry Todd Journey, 42, Pulaski. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 4.
Arrested and charged with driving without a license
* Kilver Abel Mejia Hernandez, 19, Fayetteville. Bond: $2,000; court date: Feb. 11. Additional charge: failure to give immediate notice of an accident. Cited for failure to provide proof of insurance. Hernandez allegedly hit a woman when he was backing out of a parking space at La Fuente Restaurant on Dec. 28.
Arrested on a warrant for violation of bond conditions
* Tyrone M. Parks (Lentz), 38, South Ellington Parkway. Held without bond for court on Feb. 4.
* Donnie R. Crane, 47, Maple Street. Court date: Feb. 11.
Arrested and charged with criminal trespass
* Corey L. Terry, 23, Old Columbia Road. Bond: $500; court date: Feb. 4.
Arrested and charged with domestic assault
* Adolf C. Hense III, 27, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,000; court date: Feb. 5.
Arrested on warrants for domestic assault, simple assault, and theft
* Willis L. Taylor Jr., 39, Winchester. Bond: $3,000; court date: Jan. 8.
Arrested on a warrant for aggravated domestic assault
* Scott E. Shrum, 40, Cornersville. Bond: $7,500; court date: Jan. 8.
Served with a warrant at Marshall County Jail
* Jonathan Lee Taylor, 20, Glenn Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: Jan. 8. Charge: violation of probation.
Arrested on a probation-violation warrant
* Darrell Ray Jeans, 42, Elora, Tenn. Bond: $1,000; court date: Jan. 29.
* Ashley Stewart, 23, Snell Road. Bond not stated; court date: Jan. 8.
- Karen Hall