Thefts and vandalism reported
* About 1:30 p.m. July 25, a Lewisburg man stopped on Rock Crusher Road to help someone he thought had broken down. Three or four men jumped out of the car, sprayed him with pepper spray, beat him up, and stole his vehicle, a 2011 silver Honda Accord worth $15,000, which had his wallet and cell phone in it. The missing car's VIN number is 1HGCP2F88BA040729, and its license plate was E74-69R, reported Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy Joe Duncan.
* Sometime between midnight and noon July 27, someone drove a vehicle into a gate and fence at a property on Highway 99, knocking down fence posts and the barb wire fence. The victim estimated it would cost over $500 to replace and repair the gate and fence. Tire tracks showed the vehicle also tried to drive around the fence, hitting a tree.
* About 3 a.m. July 22, someone damaged a 2005 GMC pickup truck while it was parked at the owner's home on Villa Green Drive. The truck will cost an estimated $500 to repair. The victim gave police the name of a suspect.
* The front windshield of a white Ford was shattered by a man who jumped on it while it was parked at an address on Maple Street. The windshield will cost an estimated $400 to replace.
* On July 23, a man and a woman threw a large rock through the windshield of a 1998 Kia Sportage while it was parked at the victim's workplace and drove off before anyone could stop them. The victim estimated the windshield would cost $300 to replace, and gave Marshall County Sheriff's Department Deputy Jerry Harden the names of two people who might have thrown the rock.
* A Lewisburg man reported his grandchildren's bicycles were taken from the front yard of his home on Limestone Avenue. One is an orange and black Thruster Rage BMX style bike worth $100 and the other is a pink and silver Next Speed mountain bike worth $69.
* Sometime between midnight and 8 a.m. July 27, someone threw a table and chairs, a charcoal grill, a trashcan, stereo speakers, beer, a hammer, and a boogie board into a swimming pool at a home in Chapel Hill. No damage was noted to the pool liner or filter pump, and the speakers were worth less than $100.
* A Chapel Hill man reported to Marshall County Sheriff's Department he lost his wallet somewhere in or around Laws Hill Market on July 25. Someone used his debit card to make an online purchase for $146.46 on the 27th. The wallet, worth $20, contained $30 cash and ID cards, including a Social Security card.
* A Tennessee license plate, worth $75, was stolen off a van parked at an auto shop on Crestland Street. The owner of the shop requested extra patrol in the area because he has seen suspicious persons around in the last few days.
* The last time he visited his property on Hopkins Bridge Road, a man from Murfreesboro noticed all his survey tape, flags, and "Private Property" and "No Trespassing" signs had been removed. The victim said the loss of tape and flags would delay the start of his construction work. He also reported insults had been yelled at him and his wife by people driving by in a red pickup truck, and shots had been fired toward them one evening while they were visiting the property.
* Between July 17 and 22, someone took a wallet from under the front passenger seat of an unlocked car parked at the owner's home on Lynnwood Avenue. The wallet contained multiple TennCare cards and Social Security cards.
Arrested and charged with aggravated assault
* James D. Hancock, 43, Columbia. Bond and court date not stated.
Arrested and charged with simple possession of marijuana
* Zachary S. Easterwood, 31, Apple Street. Bond: $3,500; court date: Aug. 26. Deputies also served Easterwood with two warrants for probation violation, and one for failure to appear.
Turned himself in on a warrant for sexual battery
* Dylan J. Russell, 19, Verona Caney Road. Bond: $3,000; court date: Aug. 19.
Arrested and charged with driving under the influence
* Jarrett W. Helton, 23, Chapel Hill. Bond: $1,500; court date: Aug. 26. Also charged with driving on a revoked license. Helton allegedly has a DUI conviction from Wilson County.
* James F. Brown, 25, Nashville. Bond not stated; court date: Aug. 11. Also charged with failure to give immediate notice of an accident. This is allegedly Brown's second DUI. He reportedly drove through the yard of a home on L&N Avenue, severely damaging a mailbox, satellite dish, and trash cans.
* Douglas L. Cooper, 33, North West End Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: Sept. 8.
Cited for driving on a suspended license
* Tia L. Keel, 36. Court date: Sept. 15.
Cited for simple possession of marijuana
* Shawn P. Ferguson, 40, Belfast. Court date: Aug. 11. Also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia, motor vehicle equipment, and no insurance.
* Ricky K. Luna, 39, West Church Street. Court date: Aug. 11. Also cited for simple possession of a Schedule II drug (hydrocodone), and possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Justin M. Taylor, 20. Court date: Sept. 15. Also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
Arrested on a probation-violation warrant
* Joshua N. Sharp, 27, Columbia. Bond; $2,000; court date: Aug. 12. Sharp was also served with a failure-to-appear warrant.
* Christefor M. Fears, 37, 4th Avenue North. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 4.
*Virginia A. Buckman, 46, West Ellington Parkway. Bond: $500; court date: Aug.4.
Turned herself in on a probation-violation warrant
* Kaci C. Mclean, 25, Park Avenue. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 26.
Served with a probation-violation warrant at Marshall County Jail
* Douglas L. Wilhoite, 28. Bond: $500; court date: Aug. 11.
Served with a criminal summons for violation of probation
* William D. Davis Jr., 48, Hopkins Avenue. Court date: Aug. 11.
Arrested on a failure-to-appear warrant
* Robert A. Clary III, 30, Eagleville. Bond: $1,000; court date July 22.
* Joshua M. Reilly, 23, Columbia. Held without bond for court on Aug. 11.
Turned himself in on a failure-to-appear warrant
* Casey R. Robinson, 23, Chapel Hill. Bond: $500; court date: July 29.
Cited for shoplifting from Dollar General
* Nola R. Lindner, 31. Court date: Aug. 11.