Yeti cup leaves knot on victim’s head, arrest made

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

From staff reports

• Officer Jonathon Cole responded to a call on Troy Drive on June 17 in regards to a 911 hang up. Upon arrival, Cole made contact with Ashley Lunn, who stated that she and a male subject had been in an argument. Lunn explained that during the argument the male had punched out the screen to a window, causing it to strike her in the mouth. Officer Cole then spoke with the male who told him that he and Lunn had been in an argument and that she had struck him in the head with a Yeti cup and his cell phone while he was driving on Exit 32. The male subject made it clear that Lunn’s actions did place him in fear of his own safety. The man had a red marking on his stomach as well as a knot on his head from the steel cup. Lunn had a busted lip. Cole concluded that he found Lunn to be the primary aggressor due to her continuous changes to the incident story. The male victim’s story stayed consistent the entire time. Lunn was arrested and charged with Domestic Assault. Her bond was set at $2,000.

A small argument turned into a huge ordeal, landing a boyfriend in jail with assault charges on June 19. Officers responded to a call from a woman on Milltown Road. She told officers that she had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend, Joseph Paul Wood, regarding money for bill payments. The argument then turned into a heated fight. The woman stated that she had flipped a coffee table inside the home resulting with the couple exiting outside. According to victim, Wood had kicked her feet out from under her and punched her repeatedly while she laid on the ground. Wood had also grabbed her by the throat causing her to be unable to breathe. Officers reported that the woman had a laceration on her forehead above her left eye as well as a swollen left cheek and marks around her throat. When officers made contact with Wood he stated that he did not know what had happened and that the woman and another female had gotten into a fight. Officers noticed that Wood’s knuckles on his right hand were red, as well as beer cans and other items scattered around the flipped coffee table. Wood was placed under arrest for Aggravated Domestic Assault. His bond was set at $7,500.


• Officers Amanda Binkley and Christopher Stallings responded to a Domestic Dispute on June 19. The call was from Freeman Drive and upon arrival, the two officers spoke with a woman who told officers that her boyfriend Maurice L. Swift had threatened to punch her because she would not drive him to a local store to cash in a lottery ticket. The woman also stated that Swift had retrieved a knife from the kitchen and threatened her with it as well as holding her in their bedroom, preventing her from leaving for nearly 20 minutes. When officers spoke with Swift he told them that he and the woman had argued about him wanting to go to the store and that he had been consuming alcohol. Swift also stated that he in no way, threatened his girlfriend and that he did not assault her. Swift was placed under arrest for Aggravated Domestic Assault. His bond was set at $7,500.

• On June 21, Officer Amanda Binkley observed a Saturn Vue run over a curve on the square near 2nd Avenue. Binkley stated that she had watched the vehicle cross over the yellow center line to the point the driver side tire was across the line. Binkley activated her emergency lights to stop the vehicle, but the driver continued to drive and slowly started to drift right as if it was going to stop; the vehicle, nonetheless, proceeded onward. The driver eventually came to a stop near Fast Pace medical center and was identified as Jeremy Adams. Adams had acknowledged that he had ran over the curve and stated that the reason he did not stop was because he was not a Lewisburg resident. Adams, however, could not explain why he had crossed the center line. While speaking with Adams, Binkley said that she could smell a strong odor of alcohol coming from inside Adams’s vehicle. When Adams was asked if he had consumed any alcohol he told Binkley, “No, I haven’t drink anything.” However when asked the question again, Adams told Binkley that he had three earlier. Adams was asked if he had been smoking marijuana; he stated, “I don’t do that anymore.” Adams told Binkley that he was arrested on his birthday this year for meth usage and driving under the influence. Adams failed his Standardized Field Sobriety Task and was placed under arrest for Driving Under the Influence. After speaking in a profane manner towards Binkley, Adams proceeded to urinate in her patrol car. His bond was set at $4,000.

• Officers were called at around 7:00 p.m. on June 21 regarding a domestic complaint on Nashville Highway. Dispatch told officers that a man had been choked. The victim stated that he was choked by his roommate by the name of Debbie Liparoto over an argument. The man was very hesitant when telling officers information about the incident. The man nervously told officers that he had been chocked while he was laying in bed. When officers went inside the residence to locate Liparoto, she was sitting in a recliner smoking. Liparoto told the officers that her male roommate had started the argument first and that he would not give a cell phone back. When asked if the argument became physical, Liparoto replied that she had sat on the roommate’s stomach so he could not move and scratched his hand to get the cell phone back. Liparoto was determined to be the primary aggressor and was placed under arrest for Aggravated Domestic Assault with a bond of $1,000.


• At around 2:40 on June 23, officers responded to a 911 hang up call on Sam Simpson Road. When officers arrived on scene, they were met by a man on his four wheeler and a woman by the name of Glenda Dunn who was following behind the man. The man had told officers that Dunn had threatened him with a handgun during a verbal altercation causing him to fear for his safety as well as his father’s safety. The male victim had reportedly picked the gun up from off of the floor after it had fallen and put it in his pocket away from Dunn. He tried to call 911, but Dunn had unplugged the phone line. Dunn admitted to police that she did unplug the phone to prevent the male from calling 911. The male’s father, being a witness, also stated that Dunn and his son were in a heated argument when Dunn grabbed the handgun and pointed it at the male victim. Dunn was arrested for Aggravated Domestic Assault. Her bond was set at $7,500.

• Officers responded to a call from a man on June 19 regarding vandalism to a home. Officers Joey Repasky and Kylar Gentry were dispatched to 5th Avenue North where they met Mr. Edward. Edward, the home owner of the residence, stated that it had been vacant since June 10. He told police that he had stopped by to check on the home around 11:30 a.m. on June 10 and stated that everything had been in place and that there was no damage. However, when he went back to check on the home on June 19, the side door, going into the garage, had been knocked in with a large rock that was found resting on a counter beside the damaged door. There was also damage to a window screen in the bathroom. Edward told officers that both doors cost him approximately $400 to repair as well as $200 to repair the window. Edward also stated another piece of odd evidence. He told officers that before when he checked on the home the first time, there was not a comforter in the back bedroom. Suspiciously, there was one beside his couch in the back bedroom the second time he checked on the residence.

• An arrest took place on the Lewisburg square due to an extremely intoxicated individual. Lewisburg Police Officers Christopher Stallings and Amanda Binkley responded to a call on the north side of the square to assist Sergeant Chris Sawyers Jr. Upon their arrival, they found a heavily intoxicated David E. Lewis who was being supported upright by Sawyers. Lewis was intoxicated to an extent that he was unable to support himself as well as unable to provide information regarding his I.D. and address. Lewis was arrested and charged with Public Intoxication. His bond was set at $500.


• Officers responded to a call from Cornersville on Smith Road on June 24. The call was from a man by the name of Roger Upton who called to report that two of his horse saddles were missing from his barn behind his home. Upton described the saddles as one being “Jaskey” brand 15-inch tan leather saddle and the other a “HAR” brand 16-inch dark brown leather saddle. Upton told officers that the last time he saw the pair of saddles was on Tuesday, June 20. The saddles were valued at $1,700 each totaling $3,400.

• On June 15, Officers Amanda Binkley and Christopher Stallings responded to a call on 5th Avenue North regarding a stolen bike. The call was received at around 1:00 a.m. Officers spoke with Tammy R. Arns who stated that her son’s red and silver Mongoose Mountain-style bicycle had been stolen from in front of her residence. Arns said that the bicycle had been placed in front of the home at around 9 p.m. on June 14, and was noticed missing at around 11 p.m. that same day. Arns also made it clear that it was the second occurrence that has happened within the past three weeks. The value of the bicycle is approximately $150.

• On June 16, Officer Jonathon Cole was on patrol when he observed a woman sitting outside of her house on Fairlane Drive. The woman was identified as Lorrie Reel. Reel has active bond conditions in effect until June 26 on file. As Cole made his way to her house in an attempt to contact Reel, she refused to answer the door. Reel was taken into custody for an outstanding Violation of Bond Conditions.


--Compiled by Veronica Kanka