Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• The indoor pool at the Lewisburg Recreation Center will be closed for maintenance from Aug. 14 to Aug. 20. The outdoor pool will be open for use during that period on the regularly scheduled hours for the indoor pool.
• Marshall County Memorial Library: Aug 17., Storytime in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m., Pre Eclipse Viewing Event at 4 p.m.; Genealogy help from the DAR at 5 p.m.; Aug. 18., Family Storytime in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; Cancer: Thriving & Surviving at 10 a.m.; Aug. 19, Crochet Club meets at 10 a.m. • American Legion Post 39 will meet at Village Manor, 101 Tiger Blvd., Lewisburg, on Aug. 17, at 7 p.m.
• Free food giveaway, Saturday, Aug. 19, beginning at 8:45 a.m. at Mt. Carmel Missionary Baptist Church, 4011 Nashville Hwy.
• Gospel singing at New Grace Baptist Church, 6299 Nashville Hwy., Chapel Hill, Aug. 19, 6 p.m. Entertainment will be The Chandlers and the Ross Family. Refreshments will be provided. For more information call Danny at (931)797-9274.
• Elks Golf Tournament, Aug. 19, at 5 p.m. at Saddlecreek Golf Course.
• The American Legion Auxiliary will meet Monday, Aug. 21 at 9 a.m. at Village Manor, 101 Tiger Blvd., Lewisburg.
• Lewisburg Gas Board meeting, Aug. 21, 4:30 p.m. at the Lewisburg Gas Dept., 505 N Ellington Pkwy., Lewisburg.
• The New Gospel Spirituals 17th Year Anniversary & CD release, Aug. 23, 2017, at the Giles County High School Auditorium, 200 Shelia Frost Dr., Pulaski, TN. Doors open at 4 p.m. Guests are as follows: The New Converted Voices (Tupleo, MS); The Victory Travelers (Chicago, IL); and others. For more information contact Rev. David Gardner (931)638-1452.
• Still Life Drawing Class, Aug. 25, 6 p.m. at Marshall County Art Guild.
• Grief Support Group Potluck Meeting at Westvue Church of Christ, Aug. 25 at 6 p.m.; Charles Hardison- speaker.
• Cruise-In on the Lewisburg square by Marshall County Car Club, Aug. 26, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
• The 51st annual Beersheba Springs Arts and Crafts Festival will be Aug. 26 and Aug. 27 at the Beersheba Springs Methodist Assembly Grounds in Beersheba Springs, TN. This is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
• Backcountry Camping Trip at Henry Horton State Park, Aug. 26, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., Aug. 27. Call or sign up at the park office (931)364-7724.
• Lewisburg Electric System will have a board meeting, Aug. 28 at 6 p.m.
• Gown & Yard Sale, sponsored by the Masonic Bodies of TN; Sept. 2, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.; at Lewisburg Gas Company, 505 N. Ellington Pkwy Lewisburg.
• South Marshall Fire Dept, 1st Annual Homecoming Community Awareness Day, Sat., Sept. 23, 2017, 8 a.m. until; at the South Marshall Fire Hall, 2099 New Ostella Road, Cornersville, TN. Admission is free. There will be live music, games for all ages, cornhole tournament, firefighter demonstration, combination auction, bar-b-que plates $10 each. For tickets or more information call (931)625-1093 or email: email@example.com. Proceeds from this will go toward the purchase of gear and equipment needed to adequately protect the citizens of this fire district.
• The Lewisburg Lions Club Octoberfest and Pancake Breakfast will be held Saturday, Oct. 7 at Rock Creek Park in Lewisburg from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Booth space is available for crafts, produce, specialty, and more. Pancakes will be served until 10 a.m. Hamburgers and hot dogs served for lunch. To reserve a booth or for more information, call 931-359-7354 or 931-637-5059 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.