Community Notices are published at no cost. There is no guarantee of publication.
• Parents who reside in Marshall County and are planning to home school their children for the 2017-18 school year need to register with the Marshall County School System between the dates of Aug. 1 and Aug. 15, at the Marshall County Board of Education, 700 Jones Circle, Lewisburg, TN 37091. If a home school student plans to try out for athletics at their zoned school, then all requests and documentation should be filed at the Marshall County Board of Education by Aug. 1, 2017. The intent to participate in athletics must be completed and filed no later than Aug. 15 of the current school year. Information and requirements regarding home school athletic participation can be found in Administrative Procedures (4.6R1) on the Marshall County Schools website. For additional information, please contact the Student Services office of Marshall County Schools 931-359-1581 ext: 2007.
• The City of Lewisburg’s Planning and Zoning Commission will hold its regular scheduled meeting Tuesday, Aug. 15, 2017, at 3:30 p.m. at Lewisburg City Hall, 131 East Church Street.
• The Marshall County Building Committee will meet Aug. 16 at 6 p.m., in the Courthouse Annex, Room 2209.
• Lewisburg Water and Wastewater will be having their monthly Board meeting on Aug. 17 at 12 p.m., at 100 Water Street, Lewisburg.
• DREMC Annual Meeting of Members, Aug. 19, 2017, 9:30 a.m. at Harris Middle School, 570 Eagle Blvd., Shelbyville, TN.
• The Lewisburg Gas Department will hold its regularly scheduled monthly board meeting Aug. 21, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. located 505 N Ellington Pkwy.
• The Lewisburg Recreation Board will hold a meeting Monday, Aug. 21, 2017, at 6 p.m., at the Lewisburg Recreation Center in the small meeting room, 1551 Mooresville Highway.
• The Marshall County Planning Commission will meet Aug. 22 at 6 p.m., in the Courthouse Annex, Room 2202, second floor.
• The Marshall County Emergency Communications District Board of Directors will have their regularly scheduled monthly meeting Aug. 23, 2017. The meetings will be held at the Marshall County EOC office located at 230 College St., Lewisburg, TN.
• The Community Development Board of the City of Lewisburg will hold their monthly meeting Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, at 12 p.m., at the Historic 1st Avenue Building, 207 1st Avenue.
• The Lone Oak Cemetery Advisory Board will meet Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, at 4 p.m., at Lewisburg City Hall, 131 East Church Street.
• The Lewisburg Housing Authority will have a Public Hearing, Sept. 26, 5:30 p.m. at the George W. Turner Bldg., 741 Silver Street, Lewisburg, TN. This concerns the Housing Authority’s Public Housing Agency Plans (Five Year Plan) for the fiscal year period beginning Jan. 1, 2018-2022 and revisions to the Admission and Continued Occupancy Policy. Comments should be addressed to Mr. Ronald Robinson, Ex. Dir., Lewisburg Housing Authority, 744 Bark St., Lewisburg, TN 37091. Comments should be sent on or before the date of the Public Hearing.