Community Notices are published at no cost. There is no guarantee of publication.
• The 2017-2018 Adult Leadership Marshall Class is now forming. Information sheets and an application are available at the Marshall County Chamber of Commerce, 931-359-3863. Deadline is Sept. 5, 2017.
• The Marshall County Soil Conservation District is offering cost-share for producers to sow cover crops on annually seeded row crop land through the TDA Agricultural Resources Conservation Fund. (Cost-share is on seed only.)
For further information, contact the Marshall County SCD at (931) 359-6268 Ext. #3 or visit the office located at 1171 Nashville Highway in the USDA Service Center.
• The Marshall County Board of Education will meet in a Special Called session on Monday, Aug. 28 at 5:30 p.m. in the Central Office, 700 Jones Circle, to discuss school roofs and the possible purchase of land.
• Lewisburg Electric System’s Board of Public Utilities will hold their regular Board meeting on Monday, Aug. 28, 2017, at 6 p.m. at the LES Office, 599 W Ellington Pkwy. The meeting is open to the public.
• Marshall County Board Of Commissioners Regular Meeting will be held on Aug. 28, 2017 - 6 p.m. in Room 2204 in the Courthouse Annex. Public hearing at 5:30. Visit marshallcountytn.com website for agenda.
• The Community Development Board of the City of Lewisburg will hold their monthly meeting Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, at 12 p.m., at the Historic 1st Avenue Building, 207 1st Avenue.
• The Lone Oak Cemetery Advisory Board will meet Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, at 4 p.m., at Lewisburg City Hall, 131 East Church Street.
• The Lewisburg Housing Authority Board of Commissioners will meet Tuesday, Aug. 29, 2017, at 6 p.m. at the George W. Turner Building located at 741 Silver Street.
• The Cornersville Planning Commission will have a meeting on Aug. 29, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at Town Hall in Cornersville.
• The Marshall County Democratic Party will be hosting a Labor Day Celebration Sept. 4 at noon in the Farmers’ Pavilion at Rock Creek Park. Everyone is welcome to come out and get some food, enjoy games, and learn about the American labor movement- past and present.
• The Marshall County Courthouse, Courthouse Annex and Hardison Annex will be closed Monday, Sept. 4 in observance of Labor day.
• The Marshall County Board of Public Utilities at 624 West Commerce Street, Lewisburg will be closed Monday, Sept. 4, 2017, in observance of Labor Day. The office will reopen Tuesday, Sept. 5 at 8 a.m.
• The office of Town Hall in Cornersville will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4, 2017, in observance of Labor Day. The office will re-open on Tuesday, Sept. 5 at the regular hour of 7:30 am.
• There will be a regular meeting of the Tree City Advisory Board on Wednesday, Sept. 6, 2017, at 4 p.m. at Lewisburg City Hall, 131 East Church Street in the downstairs conference room.
• The Town of Cornersville will have its regular meeting of the Board of Mayor and Aldermen on Sept. 7, 2017, at 6:30 P.M. at Town Hall in Cornersville. This meeting is open to the public and all citizens are welcome to attend.
• The Lewisburg Gas Dept. will hold its regular scheduled monthly meeting Sept. 12, 2017 at 4 p.m. located 505 N Ellington Pkwy.
• The City of Lewisburg Fire Dept. will be hosting an introduction to Fire and Emergency Services (16 hour) class beginning Sept. 12, 2017 at 6 p.m. at the Lewisburg Gas Dept. auditorium. A basic fire fighting class at the (64) hours will be held beginning on Sept. 26 at the Lewisburg Gas Dept. at 6 p.m. These classes are for any person who desires to start a career in the fire service. Contact the Fire Dept. for more details.
• The Lewisburg Housing Authority will have a Public Hearing, Sept. 26, 5:30 p.m. at the George W. Turner Bldg., 741 Silver Street, Lewisburg, TN. This concerns the Housing Authority’s Public Housing Agency Plans (Five Year Plan) for the fiscal year period beginning Jan. 1, 2018-2022 and revisions to the Admission and Continued Occupancy Policy. Comments should be addressed to Mr. Ronald Robinson, Ex. Dir., Lewisburg Housing Authority, 744 Bark St., Lewisburg, TN 37091. Comments should be sent on or before the date of the Public Hearing.