Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: email@example.com
• Marshall County Memorial Library events: Aug. 31, Story Time in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m.; Sept. 1, Family Story Time in Chapel Hill, 10 a.m.; Cancer Thriving/Surviving in Lewisburg, 10 a.m.; Sept. 2, Crochet Club, 10 a.m.; Sept. 4, Friends of the Library at 5:30 p.m.; Sept. 5, Home School Literary Group at 1 p.m.
• There will be a reception at the Marshall County Art Guild, Thursday, Aug. 31, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., featuring Marshall County FCE as the Artist of the Month. Light refreshments will be served.
• Farmers Market at Rock Creek Park will be open Friday, Sept. 1, 6 a.m. to 12 p.m..
• The Petersburg Lions Club will be holding their Pancake Breakfast Saturday, Sept, 2, 2017, 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. All you can eat, $5 child, under 9 free with an adult.
• Gown & Yard Sale, sponsored by the Masonic Bodies of TN; Sept. 2, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.; at Lewisburg Gas Company, 505 N. Ellington Pkwy Lewisburg.
• Luau Party, Sept. 2, 5:30 to 7:30 at the Lewisburg Recreation Center. Hawaiian games and food; last day to pre-register is Aug. 31. Call (931)359-2482 for more details.
• Live music at Pickers Creek Winery, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m.
• Sam Pugh Extravanganza, Sept. 3 at 5 p.m. at the Duck River Raceway Park, 1100 Haskins Chapel Rd., Lewisburg. Call (931)685-1009 for more information.
• 16th Annual MCHS Tigerette Softball Golf Tournament, Sept. 4 at the Lewisburg Recreation Center. For more information, contact Dawn Cashion at (615)828-6423.
• South Marshall Fire Dept, 1st Annual Homecoming Community Awareness Day, Sat., Sept. 23, 2017, 8 a.m. until; at the South Marshall Fire Hall, 2099 New Ostella Road, Cornersville, TN. Admission is free. There will be live music, games for all ages, cornhole tournament, firefighter demonstration, combination auction, bar-b-que plates $10 each. For tickets or more information call (931)625-1093 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Proceeds from this will go toward the purchase of gear and equipment needed to adequately protect the citizens of this fire district.
• The Lewisburg Lions Club Octoberfest and Pancake Breakfast will be held Saturday, Oct. 7 at Rock Creek Park in Lewisburg from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Booth space is available for crafts, produce, specialty, and more. Pancakes will be served until 10 a.m. Hamburgers and hot dogs served for lunch. To reserve a booth or for more information, call 931-359-7354 or 931-637-5059 or email to email@example.com.
• Goats Music & More, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 at Rock Creek Park.
• Christmas Bazaar will be Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marshall County High School. Applications are available at the Marshall County Art Guild and now are being accepted. For more information, contact Anna Childress (931)359-3918.