Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Marshall County Memorial Library events: Sept. 1, Family Story Time in Chapel Hill, 10 a.m.; Cancer Thriving/Surviving in Lewisburg, 10 a.m.; Sept. 2, Crochet Club, 10 a.m.; Sept. 4, Friends of the Library at 5:30 p.m.; Sept. 5, Home School Literary Group at 1 p.m.; Sept. 7 at 9:30 a.m., Story Time in Lewisburg; Sept. 8, Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m. and Cancer: Thriving and Surviving in Lewisburg at 10 a.m.
• Farmers Market at Rock Creek Park will be open Friday, Sept. 1, 6 a.m. to 12 p.m..
• The Petersburg Lions Club will be holding their Pancake Breakfast Saturday, Sept, 2, 2017, 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. All you can eat, $5 child, under 9 free with an adult.
• Gown & Yard Sale, sponsored by the Masonic Bodies of TN; Sept. 2, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.; at Lewisburg Gas Company, 505 N. Ellington Pkwy Lewisburg.
• Luau Party, Sept. 2, 5:30 to 7:30 at the Lewisburg Recreation Center. Hawaiian games and food; last day to pre-register is Aug. 31. Call (931)359-2482 for more details.
• Live music at Pickers Creek Winery, Sept. 2 at 6 p.m.
• Sam Pugh Extravanganza, Sept. 3 at 5 p.m. at the Duck River Raceway Park, 1100 Haskins Chapel Rd., Lewisburg. Call (931)685-1009 for more information.
• 16th Annual MCHS Tigerette Softball Golf Tournament, Sept. 4 at the Lewisburg Recreation Center. For more information, contact Dawn Cashion at (615)828-6423.
• Cornersville, Sunday, September 10 at 11 a.m. Friends and Family Day at St. Matthews AME Church, Pastor, Ashley Cox. Guest speaker Elder Eddie Shirley, and Liggett Street Church of God. Lunch will be served.
• South Marshall Fire Dept, 1st Annual Homecoming Community Awareness Day, Sat., Sept. 23, 2017, 8 a.m. until; at the South Marshall Fire Hall, 2099 New Ostella Road, Cornersville, TN. Admission is free. There will be live music, games for all ages, cornhole tournament, firefighter demonstration, combination auction, bar-b-que plates $10 each. For tickets or more information call (931)625-1093 or email: email@example.com. Proceeds from this will go toward the purchase of gear and equipment needed to adequately protect the citizens of this fire district.
• The Lewisburg Lions Club Octoberfest and Pancake Breakfast will be held Saturday, Oct. 7 at Rock Creek Park in Lewisburg from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Booth space is available for crafts, produce, specialty, and more. Pancakes will be served until 10 a.m. Hamburgers and hot dogs served for lunch. To reserve a booth or for more information, call 931-359-7354 or 931-637-5059 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Goats Music & More, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 at Rock Creek Park.
• Christmas Bazaar will be Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marshall County High School. Applications are available at the Marshall County Art Guild and now are being accepted. For more information, contact Anna Childress (931)359-3918.