Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Marshall County Memorial Library events: Sept. 7 at 9:30 a.m., Story Time in Lewisburg, Minecraft Free Play at 5 p.m., Cub Scout sign up at 6 p.m.; Sept. 8, Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m. and Cancer: Thriving and Surviving in Lewisburg at 10 a.m.; Sept. 9 at 10 a.m., Crochet Club; Sept. 11, Friends of the Library at 5:30 p.m.
• Cornersville, Sunday, September 10 at 11 a.m. Friends and Family Day at St. Matthews AME Church, Pastor, Ashley Cox. Guest speaker Elder Eddie Shirley, and Liggett Street Church of God. Lunch will be served.
• The New Hebrew Church of Christ, 3432 Franklin Pike, Lewisburg, invites you to their Fellowship Day Services, Sunday, Sept. 10. The guest speaker will be Bro. Chris Frierson, Mnister of the Glass Street Church of Christ in Mt. Pleasant. Sunday school is at 11 a.m., fellowship lunch at 12:30 p.m. and afternoon worship at 2 p.m. You are welcome to join us, Bro. James Ordway, Minister of New Hebrew Church of Christ.
• The Lewisburg Garden Club will meet Tuesday, Sept. 12, at 1 p.m. in the Hardison School Building in the room across from the Extension office. The special speaker will be Mike and Susan Klopovich on raising the Monarch butterflies. The program will consist on feeding, identifying butterfly eggs and caterpillars, and releasing to beautify our gardens. Hopefully, this program will inspire others to start raising butterflies. The public is invited.
• South Marshall Fire Dept, 1st Annual Homecoming Community Awareness Day, Sat., Sept. 23, 2017, 8 a.m. until; at the South Marshall Fire Hall, 2099 New Ostella Road, Cornersville, TN. Admission is free. There will be live music, games for all ages, cornhole tournament, firefighter demonstration, combination auction, bar-b-que plates $10 each. For tickets or more information call (931)625-1093 or email: email@example.com. Proceeds from this will go toward the purchase of gear and equipment needed to adequately protect the citizens of this fire district.
• The Lewisburg Lions Club Octoberfest and Pancake Breakfast will be held Saturday, Oct. 7 at Rock Creek Park in Lewisburg from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Booth space is available for crafts, produce, specialty, and more. Pancakes will be served until 10 a.m. Hamburgers and hot dogs served for lunch. To reserve a booth or for more information, call 931-359-7354 or 931-637-5059 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Goats Music & More, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 at Rock Creek Park.
• Christmas Bazaar will be Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marshall County High School. Applications are available at the Marshall County Art Guild and now are being accepted. For more information, contact Anna Childress (931)359-3918.