Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: email@example.com
• Marshall County Memorial Library events: Sept. 22 at 10 a.m. is Family Story Time in Chapel Hill; Sept. 23 at 10 a.m. the Crochet Club will meet, Teen Anime at 2 p.m.; Sept. 28, Story Time in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m., Diabetes Class will meet at 5 p.m.; Sept. 29, Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; Sept 30, Crochet Club at 10 a.m.
• The Marshall County Art Guild Gallery & Studio will be accepting artwork at the gallery at 107 West Commerce Street during gallery hours Tuesday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., between Sept. 13 to Oct. 4 for the Annual MCAG Arts A’ Poppin Show & Sale. The community art show will be held on Saturday, Oct. 7, 2017, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Applications, category list & entry forms available at the gallery. FREE Entry Fee for children. $5 Entry Fee for Marshall County residents. $10 Entry Fee for out of county. For more details contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-637-4774.
• The Cornersville High School homecoming parade will take place on Friday, Sept. 22. For the safety of those participating and watching the parade, Main Street and all roads leading to Main Street will be blocked for approx- imately one hour beginning at 12:30 p.m.
• Westvue Church of Christ will have a “Grief Support Group Potluck Meeting” at Westvue Church of Christ, Sept. 22 at 6 p.m. with Ron Kleine as speaker.
• First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, located at 402 2nd Avenue North, will host their 4th Annual Fall Craft Fair on Saturday, Sept. 23, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• South Marshall Fire Dept, 1st Annual Homecoming Community Awareness Day, Sat., Sept. 23, 2017, 8 a.m. until; at the South Marshall Fire Hall, 2099 New Ostella Road, Cornersville, TN. Admission is free. There will be live music, games for all ages, cornhole tournament, firefighter demonstration, combination auction, bar-b-que plates $10 each. For tickets or more information call (931)625-1093 or email: email@example.com. Proceeds from this will go toward the purchase of gear and equipment needed to adequately protect the citizens of this fire district.
• East Commerce Baptist Church, in partnership with Hopetown, will host a free clothing giveaway on Sept. 30, from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at Hopetown. Hopetown’s address is 330 5th Ave North in the old Connelly School Building. For more info, please call 359-1027.
• There will be a two special events to benefit Cayson Spray, son of Jeremy and Julie Spray of Petersburg. Cayson, age 4, has been diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. There will be a Poker Run, starting at Columbia Harley Davidson on Sept. 23, registration at 10 a.m. At 6 p.m. there will be an auction and wrestling event. Donations and items are needed for this auction and you may call Stephanie Ezell at 931-548-2787 if you would like to help. Monetary donations can be sent to: Benefit for Cayson Spray, c/o Redstone Federal Credit Union, 100 Bluff Dr., Fayetteville, TN 37334.
• The Cornersville United Methodist Church will have a spaghetti supper served for a donation to benefit the domestic violence shelter in Lewisburg, Monday, Oct. 2, 5 p.m. t0 5 :45 p.m. Gospel singing to follow at 6:30 p.m. On Wednesday, Oct. 4, at 6:30 p.m., Rev. Max Mayo, the district superintendent of the Stones River District of the UMC, will be preaching.
• The Lewisburg Lions Club Octoberfest and Pancake Breakfast will be held Saturday, Oct. 7 at Rock Creek Park in Lewisburg from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Booth space is available for crafts, produce, specialty, and more. Pancakes will be served until 10 a.m. Hamburgers and hot dogs served for lunch. To reserve a booth or for more information, call 931-359-7354 or 931-637-5059 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MCHS Class of 1997 will be having their 20 year reunion on Oct. 7, 2017, at 6 p.m. at Borden Storage. $40 a couple, $25 for a single if paid prior to Sept. 20. Prices will be $50 for a couple and $25 for a single at the door. Please contact Brandee Lancaster Worsham at 931-607-5215 for information.
• Goats Music & More, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 at Rock Creek Park.
• UT Extension Marshall County will be offering Pesticide Recertification meetings. These meetings are offered for individuals that certified as a Private Applicator that have a card for the purchasing of restricted pesticides and herbicides. Renewal is every three years and the expiration date is on October 21, 2017. Recertification meetings will be offered on Thursday September 28, 2017, at the UT Extension Marshall County Office located at 230 College Street in Lewisburg. There will be two times in which an individual can attend at either 12 p.m. or 5:30 pm. All meetings will last approximately an hour. The cost for the meeting is $25.00 per individual. These meetings are only for individuals that already have a Private Applicator card. Herbicide stewardship and applicator safety will be emphasized. Please contact the UT Extension Marshall County Office at (931)359-1929 to sign up for the meeting.
• Christmas Bazaar will be Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marshall County High School. Applications are available at the Marshall County Art Guild and now are being accepted. For more information, contact Anna Childress (931)359-3918.