• Marshall County Memorial Library events: Family Story Time in Chapel Hill, Oct. 13 at 10 a.m.; Oct. 14, Crochet Club at 10 a.m.; Oct. 16- Marshall Co. Computer Club at 6 p.m.; Oct. 17- Learn to be a foster parent, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., College and Career Readinesss tests, 5 p.m.; Oct. 19 - Family Story Time in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m., Homeschool group at 1 p.m., Theatre at the Library at 4 p.m., Genealogy help from the DAR at 5 p.m., Minecraft Free Play at 5 p.m.
• Goats Music & More, Oct. 13 and Oct. 14 at Rock Creek Park. Free concerts, goat shows, games and rides, vendors, food and much more. Free admission.
• There will be a Stanley Tools employees’ reunion, Oct. 14, at H. V. Griffin Park in Shelbyville. Former employess and their families are invited. Please bring a covered dish. For more information you may call Pat Donovan at 931-580-1294.
• Building Bridges of Hope will be offering an eight week course for care givers and those with mental disorders. The next meeting will be on Oct. 15, 3:30 to 5:30 at Bethlehem Baptist Church, 3347 Franklin Pike, Lewisburg, TN. Call 931-637-4854 or 931-270-8584 for more information. The other meetings will be Oct. 8 thru Nov 19.
•The Marshall County Amateur Radio Society will feature several guest speakers at the club’s “ARRL Day” meeting on Sunday, Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. Ed Hudgens, Vice Director of the Delta Division of the American Radio Relay League – The National Association for Amateur Radio, will be joined by elected and appointed officers of the Tennessee Section, who will discuss the function and importance of ARRL programs.
Additional scheduled speakers are Tennessee Section Manager Keith Miller, Sr. of Rockvale, Affiliated Club Coordinator James Goodrich of Nashville, State Government Liaison Ingrid Klose of Smyrna, District Five Emergency Coordinator Michael Glennon of Tullahoma, and Public Information Coordinator Cathy Goodrich of Nashville. The meeting will be held in the conference room of the Marshall County Office of Emergency Management at the Hardison Office Annex, 230 College Street, in Lewisburg. As part of “ARRL Day”, substantial discounts on League membership dues will be offered to club members. The club is an ARRL affiliate.
Amateur radio operators and anyone with an interest in “ham” radio and emergency communications are invited and welcome to attend. Talk-in to the meeting will be available on the Lewisburg 146.625 amateur radio repeater. For additional information on the Marshall County Amateur Radio Society, or on amateur radio, please contact Stephan Anderman, K2SMA, at 931-993-5800, or by e-mail to email@example.com.
• A volunteer with the State Health Insurance Information Program (SHIP) will be available at the Marshall County Senior Citizens Center to help Medicare recipients evaluate Medicare Part D (drug) plans, Medicare Advantage plans, and other Medicare issues on Mondays (except for October 30) beginning October 16. Medicare recipients can change plans during Medicare open enrollment, October 15 through December 7. Call the Marshall County Senior Center at 931-359-1808 to make an appointment.
• Water color painting class at Marshall County Art Guild, Tuesday, Oct. 17, 6 p.m.
• American Legion Post 39 will meet at Village Manor on Thursday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. Bring a veteran!
• Free winter coats & clothing give away at Caney Springs Baptist Church, 4666 Nashville Hwy., Chapel Hill, TN; Oct. 20, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Oct. 21, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• UT Extension Marshall County will be offering Pesticide Recertification meetings. These meetings are offered for individuals that certified as a Private Applicator that have a card for the purchasing of restricted pesticides and herbicides. Renewal is every three years and the expiration date is on October 21, 2017. Recertification meetings will be offered on Thursday September 28, 2017, at the UT Extension Marshall County Office located at 230 College Street in Lewisburg. There will be two times in which an individual can attend at either 12 p.m. or 5:30 pm. All meetings will last approximately an hour. The cost for the meeting is $25.00 per individual. These meetings are only for individuals that already have a Private Applicator card. Herbicide stewardship and applicator safety will be emphasized. Please contact the UT Extension Marshall County Office at (931)359-1929 to sign up for the meeting.
• Gospel Singing New Grace Baptist Church at 6299 Nashville Hwy., Chapel Hill, TN, 6 p.m. on Oct 21. Singing will be Denise Jaco and By Faith. Refreshments provided. Call Danny for more information at 931-797-9274.
• 4th Annual Belfast Day & School Reunion, Saturday, Oct. 21, 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Belfast Lions Club Building; chili supper with drink & dessert $10; silent auction; Belfast School memorabilia; live music; everyone invited; sponsored by Belfast Lions.
• Chestnut Ridge Cousins will beet on Oct. 26, at the Econo Lodge in Shelbyville. If you have interest in this go to chestnutridgecousins.org for more information.
• Still Life Drawing Class, Oct. 27, 10 a.m. at Marshall County Art Guild.
• There will be a Bear Creek Church-Full Moon Dinner, at Bear Creek Church, 1478 Bear Creek Road, Nov. 4, 2017, at 4 p.m., featuring a four course meal, music, silent auction, and door prizes. You can purchase tickets at Mooresville Market thru Oct. 7, $50 per ticket. All proceeds will go to Bear Creek Church Restoration Project. For more information, you may contact Mary Lynn Berlin at 931-359-5760.
• American Legion Post 39 will be sponsoring the services for Veterans Day on Saturday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m. on the Courthouse Square.
• Christmas Bazaar will be Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Marshall County High School. Applications are available at the Marshall County Art Guild and now are being accepted. For more information, contact Anna Childress (931)359-3918.