• Want to Make A Difference this Holiday Season? If you do, then consider making a difference in the life of a senior citizen or person with a disability by contributing to the AAAD’s “Santa for a Senior or Person with a Disability Program”. Last year, through support from people in the community like you, the AAAD was able to provide for 103 individuals across our 13-county area with a Christmas, which not only included a needed gift item, but also much-needed food and personal hygiene items. People who will receive Christmas gifts are those that AAAD staff has identified as low-income and/or who have no family or other social support system during the holidays. You can be a “SANTA” for someone in need by contacting the AAAD office by December 4th!! It only takes $25 to adopt a person, but extra donations are always welcome to help purchase the extra food and household items needed. For more information, contact: Kim Waldrum at 931-379-2938 email@example.com or Glenda Porterfield at 931-379-2941 firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Lewisburg Rotary Club Christmas Parade will be held Dec. 2 at 2 p.m.- rain date is Dec. 3 at 2 p.m. (only if rain is heavy - parade will go on in light rain/sleet/snow.) The theme this year is “Jingle Bell Christmas” and entries are FREE. Line up starts at noon, judging at 1:30. Call 931-359-3998 for an entry number. (Please, NO Santa’s as entries.)
• At the Marshall County Memorial Library: Dec. 8 & Dec. 9 there will be a semi-annual book sale
• Grief Support Group Potluck Meeting at Westvue Church of Christ, Dec. 1, 6 p.m.
• Kid’s Painting Class at the Marshall County Art Guild, Dec. 2 at 10 a.m.; Water Color Painting Class, Dec. 5, 6 p.m.; Acrylic Painting Class Dec. 14, at 6:30 p.m.; Dec. 19 at 6 p.m., Water Color Painting Class; Dec. 29 at 6 p.m., Still Life Drawing Class
• Red Cross CT Training at Lewisburg Recreation Center, Dec. 3 at 1:30 p.m.
• The American Legion Auxiliary will meet Monday, Dec. 4 for the Christmas luncheon at Shoney’s at 11:30 a.m. We will exchange gifts. Bring a $10.00 gift to exchange if you would like to participate.
• Rotary Club of Lewisburg Christmas Tour of Homes will take place Dec. 10, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Proceeds will benefit multiple Marshall County Charities. Tickets are on sale now at several businesses.
• The Cornersville United Methodist Church Choir, 100 South Mulberry Street Cornersville, would like to invite all to their Christmas Cantata, “COME LET US ADORE”- Saturday Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. and Sunday Dec. 10 at 11 a.m.