Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: email@example.com
• At the Marshall County Memorial Library: Jan. 11 - Family Story Time in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m. & Minecraft free play at 5 p.m.; Jan. 12 - Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; Jan. 13 - Crochet Club at 10 a.m., Friends of the Library Winter Warmer open house 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Jan. 15 - Library closed in observance of Martin Luther King Day; Jan. 16 - Computer for Cowards class, 9 a.m.
• La Leche League of Lewisburg, an organization supporting breastfeeding worldwide by providing encouragement, information, and education, will meet Thursday, Jan. 11 at 10:30 at the First Presbyterian Church on the west side of the Lewisburg square. All interested in learning, sharing, and meeting others are invited. Call Anna at 359-3918 for additional information, also on Facebook.
• Mindful Self Workshop with Timothy McLean, Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Youth program 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. This program brings awareness to our thoughts and actions; it helps to determine the right courses of action for us and our families. This workshop will take place at 111 2nd Ave South, Lewisburg.
• DAV Chapter #108 first meeting of 2018, will be Tuesday Jan. 16 at 5:30 p m., beginning with a dutch treat meal with a brief business meeting to follow. All veterans invited. For more info call Commander Ralph Dietz @ 931-680-1823.
• Forrest Alumni Association hosts “Trivia Night”, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018, in the New Forrest Auxiliary Gym. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the game begins at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to play so get your team together (maximum of 6; no minimum) and mail entry to Beth Chunn, 403 South Horton Pkwy., Chapel Hill, TN 37034. The cost is $72 per team and supper is included. All proceeds help provide scholarships for Forrest graduates. This is a great way to assist the graduates and have a night of fun. Invite your friends and family. For more information, visit the website at www.forrestalumni.com, or if you have any questions, contact Becky Delk 931-703-7074.
• Class for Veterans, each Sunday, 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at Church Street Church of Christ. Open to all veterans of all ages to discuss topics important to veterans. Contact Larry McKnight at 931-808-0676.
• Drawing class each Monday, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Connelly Dream Center, 330 5th Av North, Lewisburg.
• Creative Hour at the Marshall County Art Guild, each Tuesday at 10 a.m.
• Crochet class at the Lewisburg Recreation Center, each Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Veteran’s Outreach Program each Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Church Street Church of Christ Annex. Contact Larry McKnight for more information 931-808-0676.
• Each Saturday, Church on the Street at HOPEtown in the Connelly Dream Center. Open gym at 4 p.m.; worship at 5 p.m.; dinner at 6 p.m. The Connelly Dream Center is located at 330 5th Av, North, Lewisburg.