• At the Marshall County Memorial Library: Jan. 18 - Family Story Time in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m., Homeschool Meeting at 1 p.m., Genealogy help from the DAR at 5 p.m., Computers for Cowards at 6 p.m.; Jan. 19. - Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; Jan. 20 - Crochet Club at 10 a.m.; Jan. 22 - Classical Conversations info meeting at 3:30 p.m., Marshall County Computer Club 6 p.m.-2018 electronic guide - all welcome
• THP TROOPER TO SPEAK A “HAM” RADIO MEETING - Lieutenant Christopher Dye of the Tennessee Highway Patrol will be the guest speaker at the regular monthly meeting of The Marshall County Amateur Radio Society on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018, at 2 p.m. at the Marshall County Hardison Office Annex, 230 College Street, Suite 100, in Lewisburg. Trooper Dye will discuss the hazards of distracted driving.
While many “ham” radio operators have communications equipment installed in their cars, the incidence of distracted driving accidents while operating such equipment is far less than those involving cell phone use and texting while driving. New Tennessee motor vehicle laws provide for stiffer penalties for some distracted driving offenses. Lieutenant Dye is a THP special services officer based in the Lawrenceburg District.
Amateur radio operators and anyone with an interest in “ham” radio and emergency communications are invited and welcome to attend. Talk-in to the meeting will be available on the Lewisburg 146.625 amateur radio repeater. For additional information on the Marshall County Amateur Radio Society, or on amateur radio, please contact Stephan Anderman, K2SMA, at 931-993-5800, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• There will be an Elks Spaghetti Supper - Fund Raiser, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018, 5:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. Dine in or carry out, $10 per plate; Lewisburg Elks Lodge No. 1990, 280 Woodside Drive, Lewisburg, Tn 931-359-2374.
• Forrest Alumni Association hosts “Trivia Night”, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2018, in the New Forrest Auxiliary Gym. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the game begins at 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome to play so get your team together (maximum of 6; no minimum) and mail entry to Beth Chunn, 403 South Horton Pkwy., Chapel Hill, TN 37034. The cost is $72 per team and supper is included. All proceeds help provide scholarships for Forrest graduates. This is a great way to assist the graduates and have a night of fun. Invite your friends and family. For more information, visit the website at www.forrestalumni.com, or if you have any questions, contact Becky Delk 931-703-7074.
• Mindful Self Workshop with Timothy McLean, Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Youth program 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. This program brings awareness to our thoughts and actions; it helps to determine the right courses of action for us and our families. This workshop will take place at 111 2nd Ave South, Lewisburg.
• Class for Veterans, each Sunday, 10:15 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. at Church Street Church of Christ. Open to all veterans of all ages to discuss topics important to veterans. Contact Larry McKnight at 931-808-0676.
• Drawing class each Monday, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Connelly Dream Center, 330 5th Av North, Lewisburg.
• Creative Hour at the Marshall County Art Guild, each Tuesday at 10 a.m.
• Crochet class at the Lewisburg Recreation Center, each Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Veteran’s Outreach Program each Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Church Street Church of Christ Annex. Contact Larry McKnight for more information 931-808-0676.
• Each Saturday, Church on the Street at HOPEtown in the Connelly Dream Center. Open gym at 4 p.m.; worship at 5 p.m.; dinner at 6 p.m. The Connelly Dream Center is located at 330 5th Av, North, Lewisburg.