• At the Marshall County Memorial Library: March 2 - Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; March 3 - Crochet Club at 10 a.m.; March 5 - MCML Friends of the Library at 5:30 p.m.; March 8 - Story Time in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m.; Minecraft Free Play at 5 p.m.; March 9 - Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.
• Free food give away Saturday, March 3 beginning at 8:45 a.m. at Mt. Carmel Missionary Baptist Church, 4011 Nashville Highway.
• The Marshall County Retired Teachers Association is offering two types of scholarships to students planning to go into the teaching profession. One is for high school students planning to major in the field of teaching. The other is for college juniors/seniors who are majoring in education. Either of the applications may be picked up at any of the three county high school guidance departments. The college applications are also available at the public library. The deadline for application submission is April 20, 2018.
• Free food give away, this Saturday, March 3 at 10 a.m. at the Second Avenue Church of Christ, 720 2nd Avenue North, Lewisburg.
• First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 402 2nd Avenue North, will be hosting their 4th Annual Spring Craft Fair on Saturday, March 10, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
• Petersburg Lions Club is hosting a Rabies Clinic on March 17 from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Elementary School Building in Petersburg.
• A Marshall County Kidney Awareness Event is being held Saturday, March 17, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Second Avenue Church of Christ, 720 Second Avenue, Lewisburg. Representatives available to discuss kidney disease, living kidney donors, and cross match. Goal is to register 50 eligible living kidney donors. Refreshments and door prizes. Hosted by Darlene Yeargins Rendon.
• United Way is offering free tax prep beginning Feb. 7 through April 17 for individuals and families who earned less that $66K in 2017. The VITA free tax prep site is located at Marshall County Senior Citizens Center, 230 College Street, #140. Hours are Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For appointments call 931-359-1808. Do it yourself for free, online at www.unitedwayfilefree.com
• Henry Horton State Park is having its 5th Annual Duck River Day on Saturday, March 31, 2018, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be local vendors, Artisans & Crafters, Live Music, a Wildlife Show, Easter Egg Hunt, and a Classic Car Show. Vendors may contact, Shaun Rainone at 931-364-2222, or Shaun.Rainone@tn.gov