At the Marshall County Memorial Library: Feb. 22 - Family Story Time at 9:30 a.m., Theatre @ the Library at 4 p.m., Diabetes class at 5 p.m., Minecraft Free Play at 5 p.m.; Feb. 23 -Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.;
Feb. 24 - Crochet Club at 10 a.m., Anime Afternoon at 2 p.m., Mystery Night @ the Library-Alice in Wonderland at 5:30 p.m.; Feb. 26 - Marshall County Computer Club at 6 p.m.
• The Marshall County Retired Teachers Association is offering two types of scholarships to students planning to go into the teaching profession. One is for high school students planning to major in the field of teaching. The other is for college juniors/seniors who are majoring in education. Either of the applications may be picked up at any of the three county high school guidance departments. The college applications are also available at the public library. The deadline for application submission is April 20, 2018.
• Grief Support Group Potluck Meeting at Westvue Church of Christ, Friday, Feb. 23 at 6 p.m. Eddie Rogers will be this month’s guest speaker.
• Girl Scout cookies are here! On Feb. 24 & 25, booths will be at Kroger, Marvins and Rex’s Foodland.
• Heritage South Community Credit Union will hold its annual meeting for members on Saturday, Feb. 24. The breakfast meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. at the Blue Ribbon Circle on the Celebration Grounds in Shelbyville. For information call 931-680-3904.
• The local American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) Region 890 is having its second in-person registration day for the spring season on Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Columbia State Lewisburg Campus at 980 South Ellington Parkway in Lewisburg. Online registration is also available right now at www.AYSO890.org.With AYSO’s Everyone Plays philosophy, every player, aged 3 to 17, is guaranteed to play a minimum of half of every game. AYSO is the right soccer program for every player this spring whether it’s their first soccer experience or they’re a seasoned player that just wants to make sure they’re on the field and not on the bench. The cost for the 2018 spring season is only $60 per child for a new player and $42.50 for a returning player from Fall 2017. Family discounts are available.
• Marshall County Youth Trap Team - 2018 Trap Team Sign-ups - Feb, 25 at 2 p.m. at Henry Horton Skeet/Trap Range. REQUIREMENTS: must be a student in Marshall County, 9 years or older, must have Hunter Safety Course. Bring two boxes of shells and a shotgun. For more information you can contact Coach Will Luttrell at 931-246-0980.
• The South Central Human Resource Agency will have commodities to distribute on Tuesday, Feb. 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., to elgible area residents on a first come, first serve basis. This will be held at Hopetown, Connelly Dream Center, 330 5th Ave., North, Lewisburg. A new commodity paper will be required, so if you haven’t applied for a new white commodity paper, you will need to go by the office and apply for a new one. The office is located at 1572 Old Columbia Hwy., 931-359-6393.
• A Marshall County Kidney Awareness Event is being held Saturday, March 17, from 10 a.m. til 2 p.m. at the Second Avenue Church of Christ, 720 Second Avenue, Lewisburg. Representatives available to discuss kidney disease, living kidney donors, and cross match. Goal is to register 50 eligible living kidney donors. Refreshments and door prizes. Hosted by Darlene Yeargins Rendon.
• United Way is offering free tax prep beginning Feb. 7 through April 17 for individuals and families who earned less that $66K in 2017. The VITA free tax prep site is located at Marshall County Senior Citizens Center, 230 College Street, #140. Hours are Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For appointments call 931-359-1808. Do it yourself for free, online at www.unitedwayfilefree.com