Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• At the Marshall County Memorial Library: Feb. 16. - Family Story Time in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; Feb. 17 - Crochet Club at 10 a.m.; Library will be closed Feb. 19; Feb. 22, Family Story Time at 9:30 a.m., Theatre @ the Library at 4 p.m., Diabetes class at 5 p.m., Minecraft Free Play at 5 pm.
• Girl Scout cookies are here! On Feb. 17 & 18, booths will be at Kroger, Walmart, Walgreens, Marvins and Rex’s Foodland.
• The local American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) Region 890 is having its second in-person registration day for the spring season on Saturday, Feb. 17, 2018, at the Columbia State Lewisburg Campus at 980 South Ellington Parkway in Lewisburg. Online registration is also available right now at www.AYSO890.org.With AYSO’s Everyone Plays philosophy, every player, aged 3 to 17, is guaranteed to play a minimum of half of every game. AYSO is the right soccer program for every player this spring whether it’s their first soccer experience or they’re a seasoned player that just wants to make sure they’re on the field and not on the bench. The cost for the 2018 spring season is only $60 per child for a new player and $42.50 for a returning player from Fall 2017. Family discounts are available. Sign-ups will be held on Feb. 10, Feb. 17, and Feb. 24, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Whittlers are welcome at the Berlin Volunteer Fire Hall. Meet at the Berlin Store at 8 a.m. for breakfast and then meet at the Berlin Volunteer Fire Hall for whittling. Cedar sticks will be available.
• Mindful Self Workshop with Timothy McLean, Saturday, Feb. 17, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Youth program 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. In order to find inner peace, one must first become mindful and self aware. This is why the goals of this progam is to open minds with constructive, safe and confidential conversations. This workshop will take place at 111 2nd Ave South, Lewisburg.
• Singing at New Grace Baptist Church 6299 Nashville Hwy. Chapel Hill. Saturday, Feb. 17 at 6 p.m. Singers are the Gospel Echoes and The Laborers. Refreshments provided. For questions call Danny 931-797-9274.
• Lewisburg Methodist Chapel, 503 7th Ave. North, will have a special service Sunday, Feb. 18 at 2 p.m. A prayer service will focus on healing; special music by Linda Price; testimonies.
• American Red Cross Community BLOOD DRIVE, Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2018, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Cornersville United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall, 100 S. Mulberry St., Cornersville, TN. Please visit redcrossblood.org and enter:CornersvilleTN19 to schedule and appointment. Streamline your donation experience and save up to 15 minutes by visiting RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass to pre-register.
• DAV Chapter #108 will hold its regular monthly meeting on Tuesday Feb. 20 at 5:30 p.m. at Shoney’s, 431 Ellington Pkwy. for dutch meal with short business meeting beginning at 6 p.m. sharp. For more info please call Cmdr. Ralph Dietz at 931-680-1923.
• Grief Support Group Potluck Meeting at Westvue Church of Christ, Friday, Feb. 23 at 6 p.m. Eddie Rogers will be this month’s guest speaker.
• Marshall County Youth Trap Team - 2018 Trap Team Sign-ups - Feb. 18 and Feb, 25 at 2 p.m. at Henry Horton Skeet/Trap Range. REQUIREMENTS: must be a student in Marshall County, 9 years or older, must have Hunter Safety Course. Bring two boxes of shells and a shotgun. For more information you can contact Coach Will Luttrell at 931-246-0980.
• The South Central Human Resource Agency will have commodities to distribute on Tuesday, Feb. 27, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., to elgible area residents on a first come, first serve basis. This will be held at Hopetown, Connelly Dream Center, 330 5th Ave., North, Lewisburg. A new commodity paper will be required, so if you haven’t applied for a new white commodity paper, you will need to go by the office and apply for a new one. The office is located at 1572 Old Columbia Hwy., 931-359-6393.
• A Marshall County Kidney Awareness Event is being held Saturday, March 17, from 10 a.m. til 2 p.m. at the Second Avenue Church of Christ, 720 Second Avenue, Lewisburg. Representatives available to discuss kidney disease, living kidney donors, and cross match. Goal is to register 50 eligible living kidney donors. Refreshments and door prizes. Hosted by Darlene Yeargins Rendon.
• United Way is offering free tax prep beginning Feb. 7 through April 17 for individuals and families who earned less that $66K in 2017. The VITA free tax prep site is located at Marshall County Senior Citizens Center, 230 College Street, #140. Hours are Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For appointments call 931-359-1808. Do it yourself for free, online at www.unitedwayfilefree.com