Briefs are published here at no cost on a space available basis. There is no guarantee of publication. You may e-mail briefs and community notices to be published to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Beginning on Monday, June 25, there will not be any through traffic to the East side of Hatchet Hollow Road in Cornersville due to construction to replace the bridge. Construction is expected to last until August 31. This construction is a TDOT project.
• The 2018 Marshall County Chamber of Commerce July 4th parade applications are available. This year’s theme is “It’s a Grand Old Flag”. Applications can be picked up and turned in at the Chamber of Commerce.
• Farmer’s Market at Rock Creek Park opens at 6 a.m. to noon each Friday.
• The South Central TN Dev. District is offering assistance with “SNAP.” This was formerly referred to as the Food Stamp Program. Individuals 60 plus or those receiving disability may qualify. SNAP was created by the USDA to provide elgible individuals with monthly benefits to buy food, Call Bonnie Walker the SNAP coordinator at 931-379-2955 for information and see if you qualify for SNAP.
• In celebration of National Pollinator Week, the Marshall County Soil Conservation District is providing free wildflower seed packets upon request. These can be picked up at the SCD office located at 1171 Nashville Highway. Call the office at 931-359-6268 Ext #3 for further information.
• At the Marshall County Memorial Library: June 29 - Storytime in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.; June 30 - Crochet Club meets at 10 a.m., Science Tellers presents the Wild West Show at 1 p.m.; July 2 - MCML Friends of the Library 1t 5:30 p.m.; Closed July 4; July 5 - Storytime in Lewisburg at 9:30 a.m.; July 6 - Family Storytime in Chapel Hill at 10 a.m.
• June 28-July 8 - “Into the Woods” presented by Marshall County Community Theatre. Go to (intothewoods-dixie.com) for dates and times.
• June 29 - MC Youth Baseball State Tournament, 10 year old division, at the Marshall County Youth Baseball Park
• June 30 - Marshall County Chamber Pageants will be held at Lewisburg Recreation Center. Baby pageants will start at 9 a.m.; Little Miss & Mister, 6 p.m.; Miss Marshall County at 7 p.m.
• June 30 - Crusin’ on the Square by Marshall Co. Old Car Club, 4 p.m., on the Lewisburg Square.
• July 4 - FIREWORKS!! In honor of the 4th of July, there will be fireworks at the Lewisburg Recreation Center at 9 p.m.
• July 5, 12, 19, 26 - Building Bridges of Hope - A faith based approach to a better understanding of mental illness; At Hopetown, 330 5th Av North, Lewisburg; 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. For more information call 931-637-4854 or 931-993-7791.
• July 9-12 - You are invited to attend Vacation Bible School at Robertson Fork church of Christ (Monday – Thursday) 7 p,m. Classes available for all ages; Adult Class Speakers: Monday Night: Jimmy Jean; Tuesday Night: Kyle Bolton; Wednesday Night: Bill Tankersley; Thursday Night: Rick Rolin. Refreshments each night in the annex after class.
• July 13 - Fun Friday hosted by the Young Professionals Group of Marshall County; event starts at 5 p.m.; cornhole tournament with prizes, live band, kids activities, food trucks, shops open late, movie at the Dixie
• July 14 - The Belfast Lions Club is hosting a Pancake Breakfast Saturday, July 14 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Cost is $5.
• July 14 - Cornersville First Baptist Church; Vacation Bible School; ages 3 years - 6th grade. Kick-off is the 14th, 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.; July 15-July 18, 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• July 21 - Scouting with Disabilities, a FREE event for students K-12 with or without a disability to learn more about scouting, Saturday, July 21. Fun activities from the scouting program to experience; 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Recreation Center Walking Track.