• March 16 - At MCM Library - Crochet Club at 10 a.m.; Murder @the Library at 5:30 p.m.
• March 16 - Members of the Marshall County Amateur Radio Emergency Service will hold their quarterly meeting this Saturday, March 16th, at 11 a.m. in the Marshall County Office of Emergency Management conference room, Suite 100, at the Hardison Office Annex, 230 College Street, in Lewisburg. The Amateur Radio Emergency Service, known as ARES®, is a program sponsored by ARRL - The National Association for Amateur Radio. The meeting will be held to discuss recent severe weather and other local emergency communications activities. Talk-in will be available on the Lewisburg 146.625 and 442.625 MHz repeaters.
Volunteer amateur radio operators participating in the local ARES® program provide backup communications capabilities in the event of emergencies that may affect established communications systems of first responder agencies. Membership in the ARES® program is open to all “ham” radio operators with an interest in public service.
The Marshall County ARES® program is supported by both the Marshall County Amateur Radio Society and the Office of Emergency Management. For more information, contact Marshall County ARES® Emergency Coordinator Stephan Anderman, K2SMA, at 931-993-5800, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• March 16 - New Grace Baptist Church, 6299 Nashville Hwy, Chapel Hill, will have a singing on Saturday at 6 p.m. with the Gardners and the Joyful Hearts. Refreshments provided. Call Danny at 931-797-9274 for more information.
• March 18 - Friends of New Technology at 6 p.m. at the MCM Library
• March 19 - Code Club will meet 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at MCM Library
• March 21 - Lewisburg fce meeting at the Sr. Citizen Center at the Hardison Annex, Thursday at 1 p.m.
• March 22 - The Marshall County Veteran’s Service Office will be hosting a DD214 Friday Event at the Hardison Annex on Friday, 8:30-2:30 pm in Suite 210, 230 College Street. There will be snacks and drinks provided along with door prizes and some very valuable information. If you’re a Marshall County Veteran who does not have a DD214, please call the office at 359-5482 for more information on how to obtain one. (A DD214 is a Certificte of Release or Discharge from Active Duty).
• March 24 - Gospel Singing at Mooresville Baptist Church, Sunday at 6 p.m. featuring The Singing Ambassadors. Church is located just off highway 373 at 1030 Bryant Cemetery Road in the Mooresville Community. Love offering received; food and fellowship to follow the singing. For info or directions call 931-334-1891.
• The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free income tax help to people who generally make $66,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. VITA volunteers will be available at the Marshall County Senior Center in the Hardison Office Annex, 230 College Street, Lewisburg, on Wednesdays beginning February 6 and continuing through April 10. Call the Senior Center at 931-359-1808 to make an appointment.
• The Marshall County Retired Teachers Association is offering scholarships to students going into the teaching profession. One is for high school students planning to major in teaching. The other is for college juniors/seniors majoring in education. Both applications may be picked up at any of the three county high school guidance departments. The college applications are also available at the public library. The deadline for application submission is April 20, 2019.
• The Marshall County Republican Party is proud to announce a new scholarship program of three $500 scholarships for Marshall County residents graduating in 2019 from public, private or homeschool. One student from each of the county’s three high school districts will be selected to each receive a $500 scholarship. The application may be downloaded from the MC Republican Party Facebook page. Completed application must be received no later than April 2, 2019.