Joint ResolutionState Sen. Shane Reeves (right) attended Tuesday’s Lewisburg City Council meeting to present a joint resolution passed by the Tennessee General Assembly recognizing the city for being named as the...
Lewisburg honors firefightersThe Lewisburg City Council bookended the regular business at their Tuesday meeting by commending two of the city’s firefighters for saving a life and by receiving a resolution from the state,...
- MMC offers free sports physicals for area students (4/17/19)
- Green Thumb Garden Center has moved to a different location (4/17/19)
- Cornersville chooses paving bid, moves yard sale date (4/17/19)
- COMMUNITY NOTICES (4/16/19)
- BRIEFS (4/16/19)
- COLORING CONTEST (4/12/19)
- COMMUNITY NOTICES (4/11/19)
- BRIEFS (4/11/19)
- Foutch receives Billy Mitchell Award (4/11/19)
- Walker receives Good Scout Award (4/11/19)
- Pettie hurls nine innings for Fayetteville to halt Bulldogs’ winning streakThe Cornersville Bulldogs lost their first District 8-A game of the season Tuesday night and it took a monumental effort by Fayetteville to come away with a 6-3 win in 10 innings at Cornersville. Fayetteville hurler Jeffrie Pettie turned in a phenomenal performance on the mound for the Tigers as he tossed 112 pitches over nine innings to pick up the win and halt the Cornersville winning streak at 10 games. Pettie only gave up four hits while striking out four and walking three Bulldogs’ batters in the contest.
- Lady Rockets roll with two district wins (4/19/19)
- George inducted into TSSAA Hall of Fame (4/17/19)
- Tiger comeback falls just short (4/17/19)
- Forrest honors Becky Cheatham for 20 years of stellar coaching (4/17/19)
- Bulldogs sweep Culleoka, beat Fayetteville for 10 in a row (4/17/19)
- Bobcats run-rule Tigers in offensive onslaught (4/12/19)
Jessie Juanita Whitfield (4/19/19)Jessie Juanita Whitfield died April 15, 2019. A native of Belfast, Tn., she lived most of her life in Houston. Mrs. Whitfield is survived by two daughters, Sabrina Whitfield Hammond, M.D. and Teryl...
Geraldine C. Johnson (4/17/19)Geraldine C. Johnson, 91, of Lewisburg, died Tuesday, April 16, 2019, at Maury Regional Hospital. Mrs. Johnson was a native of Pulaski, TN, and the daughter of the late Joe and Golden Speer Clark....
Howard Hensley (4/16/19)Howard Hensley, 90, resident of Lewisburg, died Thursday, April 11, 2019, at Alvin C. York VA Medical Center in Murfreesboro. Born on March 13, 1929, in Harlan County, KY, he was the son of the late...
Michelle Caswall Garza (4/16/19)Mrs. Michelle Caswall Garza, 61, resident of Lewisburg, died peacefully on April 13, 2019, at Maury Regional Medical Center surrounded by her family. Born on May 16, 1957, in Perrysburg, OH, she was...
Curtis Reams Vandiver (4/16/19)Mr. Curtis Reams Vandiver, 86, of Lewisburg, died Sunday, April 14, 2019, at VA of Murfreesboro. Mr. Vandiver was a native of Maury County, the son of the late Oliver David and Ida England Vandiver....
Joseph Tyree “Ty” Gordon, Jr. (4/15/19)Joseph Tyree “Ty” Gordon, Jr., 77, resident of Lewisburg, died Wednesday, April 10, 2019. A Marshall County native, he was the son of the late Dr. Joseph Tyree Gordon, Sr. and the late Sarah...
Legal NoticesThe Tennessee Duck River Development Agency will hold its regular quarterly board meeting on Thursday, April 25, at 5 p.m. in the A-B hotel conference rooms at Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill. The board meeting will be preceded by a work session at 4 p.m.
Legal NoticesNOTICE OF GRAND JURY MEETING It is the duty of your grand jurors to investigate any public offense which they know or have reason to believe has been committed and which is triable or indictable in this county. Any person having knowledge or proof that an offense has been committed may apply to testify before the grand jury subject to the provisions of Tennessee Code Annotated, § 40-12-104. You can send applications to: Grand Jury Foreman, c/o Mike Wiles, 216 M.C. Courthouse, Lewisburg, TN...
For SaleTSC TOOLBOX; aluminum, double-lid with keys, fits full-size pickup truck, excellent condition, $100. Will text pic if requested. Call or text (931) 703-1947
Help WantedTaking applications for truck driver with Class B- CDL's with air brakes. Off road experience a plus but not required. Starting pay $15/hour; guaranteed 40 hours. Apply in person at 225 Heil Quaker Ave., Lewisburg; Monday thru Friday 7am to 4pm.