Shooter from May incident arrestedIt didn’t end like police were expecting, but the Lewisburg Police Department has one less fugitive to worry about. Tremel Jennings, 34, of Columbia, turned himself in to police in Lewisburg on...
Domestic dispute ends in gunfireMarshall County Sheriff’s Office deputies and Chapel Hill Police officers responded to a domestic disturbance on Old Highway 99 on Sept. 10. On scene, officers encountered Leotie Kuhns, who was...
- Veteran’s Town Hall Thursday (9/15/17)
- Lewisburg looking to honor WWII vets (9/15/17)
- Bug and beef meetings on tap for local farmers (9/15/17)
- Marshall County Memorial Library (9/15/17)
- Free beer samples at Horton Park Saturday (9/15/17)
- Chapel Hill sewer bills to increase (9/14/17)
- Bank names Brown chief marketing officer (9/14/17)
- CHPD successful during Labor Day weekend drunk enforcement driving (9/14/17)
- It’s harvest time at Tennessee wineries (9/14/17)
- From Memphis to Mountain City, Let’s Walk Across Tennessee (9/14/17)
- Non-Region games fill Friday night slateAfter a couple of weeks of banging helmets with region opponents that set the stage for the second half of the season, Week 6 is full of non-region games for all three Marshall County football programs. The Cornersville Bulldogs may be a surprise to many outside of the area and not getting any respect from the pollsters or pundits, but inside Frog Bottom the team is full of confidence and believe that they are now the favorites to win Region 5A, even if they don’t want to trumpet it.
- Long nets hat trick in 6-1 win over Loretto (9/22/17)
- Tiger defense stops Panthers in region triumph (9/20/17)
- Mistake-prone Rockets fall at Columbia Academy (9/20/17)
- Tennessee Associated Press high school football rankings (9/20/17)
- Lady Bulldogs garner tie at Murfreesboro (9/20/17)
- Region 6 Golf Tournament Results (9/20/17)
Irma ironically blows away climate change myths (9/15/17)It was inevitable. You go through 12 years of a hurricane drought, the longest stretch of a category three hurricane hitting the U.S. in American history, and when we get hit the climate hysterics come out of the woodwork. See, they say, global warming caused these storms. Even the Pope chided ‘climate deniers’ saying, “When you don’t want to see, you don’t see.”...
The church community at its worst... and its best (9/15/17)Churches are havens and shelters for needy humans. They contain no perfect specimens. Nevertheless, they are held to high standards and are embarrassed when their building doors are locked during a local crisis. Yet their mission goes on, and we would be most miserable without strong churches. ...
Gay or straight? The computer (thinks it) knows! (9/15/17)Tyrades! by Danny Tyree According to “Newsweek” and MSNBC, Stanford University researchers have reported startling accuracy in predicting sexual orientation by using artificial intelligence (AI) analysis of facial features in photographs. (I wonder if this also works on PAINTINGS? Could the Mona Lisa’s enigmatic smile have involved thinking, “Only 500 more years until Ellen gets a talk show”?)...
Battling heartworm disease (9/15/17)Dear Readers: HEARTWORMS” -- the word itself is scary, but prevention and treatment are possible. Heartworm disease can result in lung damage and heart failure in dogs and cats. Symptoms? Coughing,...
How to Find a Better Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (9/15/17)Dear Savvy Senior, I think I’m paying too much for the medications I take. I have a Medicare Part D prescription drug plan and my out-of-pocket spending is over $4,000 thus far in 2017. When and how...
Handy advice and tips help girls sharpen social skills (9/14/17)DEAR ABBY: I enjoy reading your column, especially letters regarding young girls and their social skills. I have two granddaughters who have the normal drama, mostly with other girls. I worry their...
Shoot—it’s a good video! (9/8/17)Dear Readers: Who doesn’t enjoy watching cat videos online? Or any animal videos, for that matter? Or kids’ birthday parties, vacation videos, etc.? Here are some hints to use when SHOOTING VIDEO...
Edna Gay McIntosh (9/21/17)Edna Gay McIntosh, age 72 of Lewisburg, died Tuesday, Sept. 19, 2017, in Maury Regional Medical Center. Mrs. McIntosh was a native of Jackson, KY, born March 3, 1945, to the late Alec and Joanna...
Patricia Ann Monica (9/20/17)Patricia Ann Monica entered Heaven peacefully on Sept. 19, 2017....
James Robert "Bob" Nelms (9/20/17)Mr. James Robert “Bob” Nelms, age 67, of College Grove, TN, died Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, at his home in College Grove. Mr. Nelms was born in Marshall County, a member of the Presbyterian Church, and...
Patricia Ann Wright (9/20/17)Patricia Ann Wright, age 73, a resident of Cornersville, passed away Sunday morning, Sept. 17, 2017, at her residence. A gathering with family and friends will begin at 2 p.m. with a celebration of...
Floyd Edward Hobby (9/18/17)Floyd Edward Hobby, age 84, of Belfast, died Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, in Marshall Medical Center. Mr. Hobby was a native of Marshall County, TN, born on Sept. 8, 1933 to the late Odell and Sarah...
Lincoln Milgene Martin (9/18/17)Lincoln Milgene Martin, infant son of Joseph Gene and Tiffany Rena Jett Martin, passed away at his residence on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017, in Lewisburg, TN. Lincoln was preceded in death by his...
Legal NoticesGreer SUBSTITUTE TRUSTEE'S SALE Sale at public auction will be on October 18, 2017 at 11:00AM local time, at the south door, Marshall County Courthouse, Commerce Street, Lewisburg, Tennessee pursuant to Deed of Trust executed by Debra A. Greer, and husband, David Greer, joint tenants, to Wesley D. Turner, Trustee, as trustee for Long Beach Mortgage Company on August 1, 2006 at Record Book 460, Page 714; conducted by Shapiro & Ingle, LLP, having been appointed Substitute or Successor...
Help WantedGoggin Warehousing is hiring Local Class A CDL truck drivers for our Shelbyville & Lewisburg locations. We need to fill these positions IMMEDIATELY. Starting pay range of $15-$17 . For immediate consideration call 931-488-6873 or apply at www.gogginwarehousing.com
Legal NoticesThe Marshall County Land Price and Sale Committee will meet Monday, September 25th at 5:15 p. m. . This meeting will be held at the Courthouse Annex Kitchen area Room 2209.
For SaleCOINS, Kennedy half dollar set 36 coins 1964-1984 eight silver $200. 931-364-7300