Inmate Walks Away From Work DetailThe Marshall County Sheriff's Office has issued a be-on-the-lookout order after an inmate from the Marshall County Jail walked away from a work detail Thursday. Billy Vincent Trapani was last seen at...
Accusation of road rage and brandishing a gun leads to felony arrestOn March 17, Lewisburg Police officers and Marshall County Sheriff’s deputies responded to an alleged road rage incident in which a gun had been brandished. The two victims reported that Adam Tyler...
- Liquor distillery on horizon for Chapel Hill? (4/26/17)
- More of us: County grows 4.2% since 2010 Census (4/26/17)
- Tracks of Lynnville (4/26/17)
- Tennessee lawmakers expected to give final OK to roads bill (4/26/17)
- Area soldier dies in helicopter crash (4/21/17)
- Felons with guns get more charges added (4/21/17)
- County residents brace for property reappraisal (4/21/17)
- Residents warned about phone scams from local numbers (4/21/17)
- Dogs Available this week at Lewisburg Animal Shelter (4/21/17)
- Earth Day events in Lewisburg (4/21/17)
- Young signs with Jackson StateDespite having a student enrollment hovering around 300 students, Cornersville is becoming a well-known stop for college recruiters every spring as the fourth player in just two years signed a scholarship on Tuesday. Kirsten Young, a standout pitcher and third baseman, signed to play softball for the next two seasons at Jackson State Community College in West Tennessee. "I chose Jackson State because it's a small community college like (Cornersville), pretty much," Young, who has only lost one game on the mound this season, stated. "I'm excited about meeting the new people and going away from home."
Trump’s endless campaign (4/26/17)“No one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it,” observed George Orwell in his prescient novel “1984.” However, until Donald Trump came along most U.S. presidents were at least subtle about their eagerness to retain power-especially during the first 100 days...
Time to make it ‘Get To Work, daughters & sons’ day (4/26/17)We need to rethink Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. On April’s fourth Thursday for the last 25 years, parents have been taking their kids to their workplaces to help kids “envision their future and begin steps toward their end goals,” according to the executive director of the Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day Foundation...
Damage in the wake of ‘No Drama Obama’ (4/26/17)Every time a picture of America’s Coolest Prez Ever gets posted on social media, the internet lights up like a Christmas tree. Of late, His Excellency, Barack Obama, was caught on camera photographing Michelle while they cruised the South Pacific on a carbon footprint-hogging 450-foot super yacht...
While wife’s sex drive races, husband is stuck in neutral (4/26/17)DEAR ABBY: I’ve been married almost four years. My husband and I are both barely 40, still quite young, but we have sex only once or twice a month. Our relationship is great, and we love each other....
How Working in Retirement Can Affect Your Social Security Benefits (4/21/17)Dear Savvy Senior, I’m considering retiring later this year and starting my Social Security benefits, but would also like to work part time. Will this affect my benefits, and if so, how much? --Ready...
Alma June Vandiver Shively (4/25/17)Funeral services will be Monday, April 24, 2017, at 11 a.m. from the chapel of the Taylor Funeral Home, Dickson, TN, with Pastor Gary Riley officiating and with her daughter-in-law giving her Eulogy....
Joyce Jeter Patton (4/25/17)Joyce Jeter Patton, age 79 of Meridian, MS, passed away at Bedford Care Center on Wednesday, April 19, 2017, after several surgeries and hospitalizations. Funeral service was Sunday, April 23, 2017,...
Ricky Simpson, Sr. (4/25/17)Mr. Ricky Simpson, Sr., age 59, of Rockvale, TN, died Friday, April 21, 2017 in Murfreesboro. Family members received friends on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. at Lawrence Funeral...
Ethel Lee Short (4/25/17)Ethel Lee Short, age 92 of Cornersville, TN passed away on Saturday, April 22, 2017, in Lewisburg, TN at NHC – Oakwood. Born in Giles County, Mrs. Short was the daughter of the late Ira Luna and...
Frances Mash Tindell (4/25/17)Frances Mash Tindell, age 86 of Lewisburg passed away Wednesday, April 19, 2017, in Nashville. She was born June 21, 1930, in Maury County to the late Lucius and Nannie Pogue Mash. She was a retired...
Raymond Lee Ring (4/25/17)Mr. Raymond “Ray” Lee Ring, age 86, of the Pottsville Community in Maury County, TN, died Monday, April 24, 2017 at his residence. Visitation with the family was Tuesday, April 25, 2017, from 5 p.m....
Help WantedOwner/Operator needs over the road driver. Home weekends; 2 yrs. experience with good pay. Must have Class A-CDL. 931-993-0489
GeneralBig Yard Sale! 3129 Scribner's Mill Rd. Sat. April 29th, 8am-? Push mowers, skill saw, weed eaters, hand tools, toys, comforters, queen sheets, purses, nice clothes, lots of nic-nacs.
Help WantedWanted Class A CDL Driver for dedicated lanes; excellent pay and home time. Clean MVR, 1 year OTR experience required. 931-637-2387
Legal NoticesThe Marshall County Assessor of Property will mail new reappraisal assessment change notices to property owners on Friday, April 28th. If you feel your new property assessment is in error please call or visit the office for an informal hearing between the dates of May 1st thru May 12th, 3300 Courthouse Annex, Lewisburg, TN 37091, (931) 359-3238.