New manufacturing plant bringing 200 jobs to LewisburgTennessee Governor Bill Haslam and Chief Operating Officer of the Minth Group Jimmy Chen announced the location of a new manufacturing plant in Lewisburg. The China-based auto parts manufacturer is...
New country music variety show tapes TV shows at Dixie TheatreThursday night Lewisburg seemed more like a Southern version of Lake Wobegon. The Dixie Theatre on the square hosted a television taping for the pilot of “The Pointing Dog Social Club,” a 30-minute...
- Drinking, fighting, or drunken brawling land several in jail (6/16/17)
- Flag Day ceremony (6/16/17)
- Paying attention to energy pays (6/16/17)
- City Council moves forward on water, sewer rate hikes (6/16/17)
- Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett presenst the library with a $9,900 grant check (6/16/17)
- Dogs available at Lewisburg Animal Shelter (6/16/17)
- Escapees Terrorized Couple (6/16/17)
- Escaped Georgia inmate lived in Lewisburg (6/16/17)
- Tuesday Night’s Pickers, making music for 30 years (6/14/17)
- Jennings sought in shooting (6/14/17)
- Rockets stay in tune during summer ballPlaying in the summer league is an important aspect of the Forrest baseball program because it allows head coach Bart Joyce an opportunity to provide some extra tutelage to the younger players needed next season to step in for the six graduating seniors that won three consecutive District 9-A titles for the Rockets. “Number one, it gives the coaches a look at what we got for the upcoming season,” Joyce said. “Number two, we get to put guys in positions and some situations to get them ready for next year and it might not be the exact position they played this past season, but it may be a new position we are looking at.”
- Former Raider Great Finds Success with USA Baseball (6/22/17)
- Elks squeeze by A-Plus, await Friday night showdown (6/21/17)
- A-Plus keeps Matthews in winless column (6/21/17)
- Lady Bucks stretch recruiting focus to rebuild Motlow State softball roster (6/21/17)
- Fight the bite to prevent spread of serious illnesses (6/16/17)
- The Old Man - Reflections (6/16/17)
‘Russiagate’ is obscuring everything, including gun legislation (6/16/17)On Wednesday morning, Washington rightly fretted over the fate of a Republican congressman and three others felled by a gunman’s fire in suburban Alexandria, Va., as they practiced for a charity baseball game. But just a few miles away, on Capitol Hill, a Republican member of Congress from South Carolina was pushing a bill that would ease restrictions on silencers, making it easier, as The Washington Post noted, for shooters such as those involved in Wednesday’s incident to open fire without being heard.. ...
What boob thought up this fashion trend? (6/16/17)“There’s no need to fear – underboob is here!” I couldn’t help thinking that when I saw a recent USA Today article titled “The Underboob Trend Pops Off Beaches On To Red Carpets, Catwalks, Social Media.” Although other commitments kept me from being in the cast, many moons ago when I was attending Connelly Junior High School, the school presented a musical called “The 20th Century: From Below The Ankles To Above The Knees.” As USA Today indicates, recent bosom-related developments have made that play terribly outdated.. ...
Peeling the onion (6/16/17)You’re familiar with the expression, “Be careful what you wish for,” I’m sure. The Democrats certainly are. Their whole “Get Trump” scheme seems to be blowing up in their faces. First, contrary to a top story on CNN just two days prior, former FBI Director James Comey testified that President Trump had been exactly right. ...
How to Hire a Home Helper (6/16/17)Dear Savvy Senior, I would like to hire a personal assistant/home helper for my mom to assist with some simple household chores like house keeping, errand running, driving her to the doctor, and...
A taxing phone conversation (6/16/17)Dear Readers: Today’s SOUND OFF is about the phone bill’s added charges and taxes. -- Heloise “Dear Heloise: I recently moved into my first apartment and was shocked to discover that my phone bill,...
Man’s old tryst with wife’s yoga teacher causes strain (6/14/17)DEAR ABBY: My wife recently started a new yoga class she really likes. But I made the mistake of telling her that the instructor and I had dated briefly (had sex) when we were around 15. I am 50 now...
Social Security Advice for Soon-To-Be Retirees (6/9/17)Dear Savvy Senior, Can you recommend any services that help pre-retirees decide when to start drawing their Social Security benefits? My wife and I are approaching retirement age and want to...
Mable Ruth Sharpe (6/27/17)Mable Ruth Sharpe, age 81, passed away on Sunday, June 25, 2017, in Lewisburg, TN at her son’s residence. She was born on November 29, 1935, to the late Robert and Ella Perryman Slaughter in Marshall...
Natalie Bond Moss (6/27/17)Natalie Bond Moss, age 54, passed away Thursday, June 22, 2017, at Palmyra Health Care Center in Palmyra, TN. Natalie was born in Nashville, TN on December 24, 1962. She was preceded in death by her...
Earl G. Taylor (6/27/17)Mr. Earl G. Taylor, age 89, of Nashville, TN died Saturday, June 24, 2017. Visitation will be Tuesday, June 27, 2017, from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Lawrence Funeral Home. A chapel service will be...
Rebecca Jane Steelman (6/27/17)Rebecca Jane Steelman, age 67, of Diana, died Tuesday, June 20, 2017, in NHC Lewisburg Healthcare. Mrs. Steelman was a native of Painesville, OH, and daughter of the late George and Stephania McCan...
John Thomas Meyer (6/27/17)John Thomas Meyer, age 57, of the Laws Hill Community of Marshall Co., died Wednesday, June 21, 2017. He was born in Pontiac, MI and was retired from General Motors. Survived by his sons, Anthony...
Danny Love (6/27/17)Mr. Danny Love, age 69, of Chapel Hill, TN died Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Visitation was Saturday, June 24, 2017, from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. at Lawrence Funeral Home. Graveside service was held at...
MiscellaneousFOR SALE: Jersey steers-farm raised, all natural. Grain or grass fed. Processing available. Call Richard at (931)309-8856.
Want to DoAffordable lawn care - Call Paxton for an estimate. 906-630-1354
GeneralYard Sale/Clean Out/Moving Sale, 3 families; 4079 Cameron Lane, Chapel Hill; Friday, June 23, 4 to 7 & Saturday, June 24, 7 to 2. Coffee pots, toaster ovens, Dyson vacuum, designer shoes, clothing & purses, furniture, collectible glassware, cherry china cabinet, chandelier, household items.
GeneralHuge Moving Sale! 946 Fairlane Dr. Sat. June 24, 7am-noon. Lots of furniture & other stuff. No early birds!