Cubs for KindnessOak Grove Elementary announces its “Cubs For Kindness” team that will be working with Mrs. Amy Sumners, OGES school counselor, on various leadership and service projects that focus on “Kindness” this...
Marshall County fcw bake-off contestThe Marshall County fce met for their annual Sweet Treats Bake-Off Feb. 7, 2020. The meeting was held at the Hardison Annex. Members prepared treats to be judged in seven categories. Twenty members...
- An F in driver’s ed (2/20/20)
- Blackmore recognized as Volunteer Star (2/13/20)
- Wesley Derryberry (2/13/20)
- Cornersville students of the month (2/7/20)
- Juvenile pleads in Walmart fire (2/7/20)
- Delina home to new cat house (2/7/20)
- Griffin to speak at Historical Society (1/30/20)
- Historic church earns reprieve (1/30/20)
- Super Bowl Contest (1/30/20)
- McClendon, Hill win state wrestling titlesSeven boys and one girl Forrest wrestler qualified for the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association’s High School Wrestling Championships at the Williamson County Ag Expo Center in Franklin and after day one on Friday, there was only four grapplers left on the mat. Defending state champion Nick McClendon, hobbled all week with a torn meniscus, gritted out a second crown in the 170-pound weight class. It was not a surprise that McClendon competed after tearing his right meniscus in practice on Tuesday.
- Tigerettes’ throw “Glove” on Lady Rockets (2/21/20)
- Rockets send seven to state tournament (2/20/20)
- Foster breaks long drought for Tigers (2/20/20)
- Rockets come up huge on road, secure region berth (2/20/20)
- Tigers eliminated in first round of district tourney (2/20/20)
- Lady Rockets blast MCM, secure region berth (2/20/20)
Doyle Ray Langham (2/24/20)Doyle Ray Langham, 60, of Lewisburg, died Sunday, Feb. 23, 2020, at his residence. He was a native of Marshall County, the son of the J. D. Langham and the late Nelda Taylor Langham. He was retired...
Glenda Dianne Clark (2/24/20)Glenda Dianne Clark, 61, of Lewisburg, died Friday, Feb. 21, 2020, at Maury Regional Medical Center. She was a native of Giles County, the daughter of the late Raymond and MaryTate Weldon. She was a...
Charles William Tate (2/24/20)Charles William Tate, 82, of Lewisburg, died Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020, at Alive Hospice in Nashville, TN. He was a native of Marshall County, the son of the late Clarence Wright and Elaine Gillum...
Holst William Begley (2/20/20)Holst William Begley, 85, of Lewisburg, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at his residence. He was a native of Jeff, KY, the son of the late Alonzo Begley and Eva Cook. He was an auto worker and a member...
Sammy Paul Brown (2/20/20)Sammy Paul Brown, 57, of Lewisburg, died Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2020, at Maury Regional. He was a native of Marshall County, the son of the late Paul Jones and Nanny Kathleen Perry Brown. He was formerly...
Brenda Kay Lamb (2/17/20)Brenda Kay Lamb, 64, of the Holts Corner community of Marshall County, died Saturday morning, Feb. 15, 2020, in Nashville, TN. Brenda was born in Holts Corner and was a daughter of the late John...
Help WantedLaborer position available at Burke's Building Supply. Drivers license/clean driving record required, 30-40 hours p/week. Apply at 545 Bridgeview St. Lewisburg.
Legal NoticesAllen Farley and wife Joyce Farley Petitioners Vs GMAC Mortgage, LLC and Mortgage Electronic Registration Services Respondents In the Chancery Court of Marshall County Case No. 18904. In this cause, it appearing from the Complaint which is sworn to that the last known address of the Respondents, GMAC Mortgage, LLC, and Electronic Registration Services, was 200 Century Parkway, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 so that ordinary process cannot be served upon said Respondents, GMAC Mortgage, LLC, and...
Legal NoticesJoyce NOTICE OF FORECLOSURE SALE WHEREAS, by Deed of Trust (the ''Deed of Trust'') dated October 26, 2009, of record at Record Book 546, pages 345-357, Register's Office for Marshall County, Tennessee, WILLIAM ANDERSON JOYCE, JR., did convey unto MARVIN McBEE, as Trustee, a certain tract of real estate hereinafter described, to secure a certain indebtedness set out in said Deed of Trust; and WHEREAS, the aforementioned Deed of Trust was subsequently modified by Balloon Note...
Legal NoticesNOTICE TO CREDITORS ESTATE OF JAMES MILTON PETTY Notice is hereby given that on the 12th day of February, 2020, letters of testamentary in respect of the Estate of JAMES MILTON PETTY, who died on January 12, 2020, were issued to Petitioner by the Chancery Court Case No. 19012, of Marshall County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident, having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate are required to file the same with the clerk of the above named court on or...