HalloweenThe Pumpkin Trail was a great success on Halloween. Most of the businesses on the square, plus around the county, were open for trick-or-treaters. Here are a few of the children who visited us.
5th annual pumpkin decorating contestNHC-Oakwood celebrated Halloween with their 5th annual pumpkin decorating contest, Monday, Oct. 28. A total of 35 pumpkins was entered in this year’s contest and one requirement in the decorating was...
- Foster friendly business (11/4/19)
- An extraordinary life (11/4/19)
- Imagine a day without water (11/4/19)
- one in a day, piece by piece (11/4/19)
- BRIEFS (10/30/19)
- CHPD CarFit event helps improve comfort and safety “fit” for senior drivers (10/25/19)
- Patriot graves honored Saturday (10/24/19)
- MCHS Homecoming 2019 (10/24/19)
- Lowe named vp of statewide economic development council (10/24/19)
- Pride and passion for the M (10/24/19)
- McClendon named 2019 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football SemifinalistThe Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards will be presented to the top football players in nine classifications of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association on Monday, December 2, 2019, at Nissan Stadium in Nashville. For the 18thconsecutive year, the top kicker in the state will be recognized with a Mr. Football Award, regardless of classification. Five semifinalists are announced in this release for each classification and the Kicker of the Year category. There are six classifications in Division I and three in Division II. Three finalists for each category will be announced by Mike Keith on the Titans website at www.titansonline.com on Tuesday, November 19 at 11:00 a.m. CST / 12:00 p.m. EST. The three finalists for each award will be the ones invited to attend the awards luncheon at Nissan Stadium, where the winner of each award will be announced.
- Second half-century of TSSAA playoffs begins Friday (11/7/19)
- The long run pays off for Lady Rockets’ Cross Country Team (11/6/19)
- Tigers blast Knights, secure region crown (11/6/19)
- Bulldogs blast Eagles, host Trojans in round one (11/6/19)
- Fayetteville loses appeal, Bulldogs host Collinwood Friday night (11/6/19)
- Rockets complete undefeated season in epic comeback (11/5/19)
Betty J. “Mime” Stinnett, (11/11/19)Ms. Betty J. “Mime” Stinnett, 73, resident of Lynnville, died on Friday, Nov. 8, 2019, at her residence. Funeral services for Ms. Stinnett will be conducted on Monday, November 11, 2019, at 6 p.m. at...
Iva Nell Tate (11/11/19)Iva Nell Tate, 84, of Murfreesboro, formerly of Lewisburg, died Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2019, at her residence. She was a native of Giles County, the daughter of the late James Jasper and Willie Mae...
Lester “Mr. Buddy” Huff Nichols, (11/11/19)Funeral services for Lester “Mr. Buddy” Huff Nichols, 89, of Petersburg, TN, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, 2019, at Higgins Funeral Home with Bro. Matthew Hunter and Bro. John...
(Untitled) (11/11/19)Funeral services for Lester “Mr. Buddy” Huff Nichols, 89, of Petersburg, TN, will be conducted at 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11, 2019, at Higgins Funeral Home with Bro. Matthew Hunter and Bro. John...
James Howard Haislip (11/11/19)James Howard Haislip passed away Nov. 8, 2019. He was born May 18, 1932. He was the son of the late Homer Lee and Nannie Laura Edwards Haislip. The love of his life, Ida Mai Reed preceded him in...
Thomas Brown Sumners (11/8/19)Thomas Brown Sumners, 75, former longtime resident of Lewisburg, died on Thursday, Nov. 7, 2019, at Southern Tennessee Regional Health System - Pulaski. Funeral services for Mr. Sumners will be...
General203 Nathan St. Chapel Hill; Nov. 8 & 9, Fri. & Sat., 8:00 a.m. Furniture, collectibles, 12X17 trailer. No early birds.
For SaleCHAIR; pink, chase lounge, 100. 931-359-8556
For SaleWINDOW; Triple single-hung mulled aluminum window,71 5/16"w,35 3/4"h.Grids, screens,2" faux-wood blind included; $100. Call/text 931-703-1947
Legal NoticesNOTICE TO CREDITORS ESTATE OF CLIFTON ROGER ALLEN Notice is hereby given that on the 30th day of October, 2019, letters of Administration in respect of the estate of CLIFTON ROGER ALLEN who died on September 24, 2019, were issued to Petitioners by the Chancery Court of Marshall County, Tennessee, in case number 18931. All persons, resident and nonresident, having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate are required to file the same with the clerk of the above named court on...