Smartt earns VFW scholarshipForrest High School sophomore Jeanne Kay Smartt, pictured with Lewisburg VFW Post 5109 Commander Hundley Ford, has been awarded the “Voice of Democracy” scholarship by Lewisburg VFW Post 5109. Jeanne...
Adventures on the big riverThe Marshall County Memorial Library was the site of the January meeting of the Lewisburg Study Club. Upon arrival, members were greeted with the music of “Moon River” playing in the background,...
- Smoky Walmart fire Monday (1/24/20)
- Smoky Walmart fire Monday (1/24/20)
- Celebrating a century (1/24/20)
- Furry Pets - Furry Valentines (1/22/20)
- PUBLIC MEETINGS (1/16/20)
- BRIEFS (1/16/20)
- Beard sworn in as interim manager (1/14/20)
- HOPKINS - CLARK ENGAGEMENT ANNOUNCEMENT (1/14/20)
- LES recognized for 80 years of service (1/14/20)
- PUBLIC MEETINGS (1/7/20)
- Rockets capture third consecutive dual matchSo much for not doing well in dual meets. The Forrest Rockets faced a 24-0 deficit every time they took the mat, giving up as many as five weight classes due to forfeits in the early season, but they overcame the shortfall in each of the least three contests to post a 3-0 record for the week. “That’s three in a row,” said a smiling Forrest coach Jason “Shooter” Hill. “It helps getting people back and being able to move and bump weight classes where we only give up three instead of five.”
- Kobe Bryant left deep legacy in LA sports, basketball world (1/27/20)
- Rockets shine at Region 3 Super Scramble (1/22/20)
- Santa Fe completes sweep over Bulldogs (1/22/20)
- Lady Bulldogs just miss two wins in a row (1/22/20)
- Tigers flex muscles at Cornersville (1/22/20)
- Lady Bulldogs bust losing streak with Homecoming win (1/22/20)
Benton Martin (1/28/20)Benton Martin, 86, resident of Lewisburg, died on Sunday, Jan. 26, 2020, at his residence surrounded by his family. Funeral services will be conducted on Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2020, at 10 a.m. at...
Carolyn Marie Haskins Davis (1/27/20)Mrs. Carolyn Marie Haskins Davis, 70, of Unionville, TN, passed away on Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020, in Murfreesboro, TN. Mrs. Davis was born in Unionville, TN to her late parents, Clifton Ira Haskins...
Wayne Robert Reynolds (1/27/20)Wayne Robert Reynolds, 67, of Lewisburg, died Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020, at his residence. He was a native of Bristol, CT, the son of the late Robert Reynolds and Mrs. Joan Hotkoski Rice. He was a...
Billy Mac Sanders (1/21/20)Billy Mac Sanders, 79, of Lewisburg, died Sunday, Jan. 19, 2020, at his residence. Billy Mac was a native of Marshall County, the son of the late William Nathaniel and Judith McConnell Sanders. He...
Marceline Ann Daniels (1/21/20)Marceline Ann Daniels, 93, of Lewisburg, died Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, at her home at Village Manor. She was a native of Decorah, IA, the daughter of the late Albert and Catherine Zweibohmer...
Terry A. Holder (1/20/20)Terry A. Holder, 60, resident of Lewisburg, died Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019, at Maury Regional Medical Center. A Memorial Service for Mr. Holder will be conducted Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020, at 1 p.m. at...
Help WantedVACANCY Position:School Administrative Assistant Description: To provide administrative support at the school, while establishing and maintaining records; compiling and distributing documents; and serving as gatekeeper of phone system and vistors. Qualifications:High School Diploma or GED and at least one year administrative experience required. Must be able to interact and communicate well with staff,...
Want to DoPrivate Caregiver available-looking for work; can give references; will do light house work and prepare meals. 931-993-5610
Help WantedVACANCY 2020-2021 School Year Position: Welding Instructor Description: Responsible for the teaching, planning, assessment, safety and management of the classroom. Qualifications:Applicant must have an Occupational License with a Welding Endorsement (705) or be eligible to receive one. Eligibility requirements include, minimum of 5 years out of the last 8 of related work experience in the field for which the application is made. Job Location: Spot Lowe Technology...
Legal NoticesNOTICE TO CREDITORS ESTATE OF LEE ANN COLLINS Notice is hereby given that on the 16th day of January, 2020, letters of testamentary in respect of the estate of LEE ANN COLLINS who died on January 1, 2020 were issued to Petitioner by the Chancery Court Case No. 18989, of Marshall County, Tennessee. All persons, resident and nonresident, having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate are required to file the same with the clerk of the above named court on or before the...