United grant connects countyLarge parts of Marshall County are about to get better connected. Business leaders, politicians, and county residents turned out to the Lewisburg Rec Center on Friday to celebrate the announcement of...
Lewisburg closer to increaseA possible 15 cent property tax increase for the city of Lewisburg passed on second reading at a special called meeting on Tuesday. The resolution passed by a 3 to 2 vote and is expected to pass by...
- Happenings in Marshall County (8/26/20)
- Pregnancy Resource Center provides a new service (8/21/20)
- Dukes opens Huntington Learning Center in Murfreesboro (8/21/20)
- Columbia State receives Mary C. McKenzie Nursing Scholarship endowment (8/21/20)
- Chapel Hill waste water woes (8/21/20)
- Wi-fi where? (8/21/20)
- Million dollar bond retired early (8/21/20)
- School coronavirus numbers (8/21/20)
- 2020 high school football season kicks off this week (8/20/20)
- Lady Rockets qualify for region golf tournament, boys send three qualifiersThe Forrest Lady Rockets finished in third place in the Division I, Small Class, District 11 Golf Tournament on Tuesday at the Buford Ellington Golf Course inside Henry Horton State Park in Chapel Hill. Maggie Browning led the way for the Lady Rockets with 102, Carissa Curtis was one shot behind at 103, and Christa Warren shot 150. The top two scores are used to determine the girlsí team score.
- Lady Bulldogs finish second place in District 12 Golf Tournament (9/17/20)
- The Associated Press' Top 10 (9/17/20)
- Bulldogs hold off late Lions comeback attempt (9/17/20)
- Tigers light up Shelbyville, tag 50 on Golden Eagles (9/17/20)
- Thank God Iím a Forrest Rocket! (9/16/20)
- Raiders hand Rockets homecoming loss, McClendon injury darkens night (9/16/20)
Stephen A. Poarch (9/17/20)Stephen A. Poarch of Fayetteville, passed this life on Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2020, at the age of 72. A graveside service will be held on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2020, at 4 p.m. at Cedar Hills Memorial...
Martha Ann Tipton (9/11/20)Martha Ann Tipton, 83, of Franklin, died Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020, at her residence after a long battle with cancer. Ann was born on May 15, 1937, in Lewisburg, TN. She grew up in Lewisburg and...
Richard Louis Hanson (9/11/20)Richard Louis Hanson, 79, of Lewisburg, died Thursday, Sept. 10, 2020, at his residence. He was a native of Detroit, MI, the son of the late Frederick Nicholas and Florence Louise Hanson. He was...
Sara Frances Clift (9/11/20)Sara Frances Clift, 91, of Lewisburg, died Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020, at NHC-Oakwood, Lewisburg, TN. She was a native of Giles County, the daughter of the late Sullie D. and Vashti Smith Taylor. She...
Prater Esko Philpot (9/11/20)Prater Esko Philpot, 89, of Belfast, died Wednesday, Sept. 9, 2020, at NHC-Lewisburg. He was a native of Lincoln County, the son of the late James and Pearlie Jones Philpot. He was a retired farmer...
Russie Burrow Edwards Garrett (9/8/20)Mrs. Russie Burrow Edwards Garrett, 103, of Lewisburg, TN, died Friday, Sept. 4, 2020. Born in Marshall County, Mrs. Garrett was a daughter of the late Jessie Paul Burrow and Margret Ann Elizabeth...
Legal NoticesMARSHALL COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS REGULAR MEETING SEPTEMBER 28, 2020 6:00 P.M. PUBLIC HEARING 5:30 P.M. Call to order, Roll call, Invocation and Pledge to Flag, Reading and Approval of the Minutes, Elections and Appointments: Elections: Chairman, Chairman Pro-Tem, 2020-2022 Committees, Notary Public and Bonds, Appointments: County Attorney, 911 Board, New Business: Appropriations: Resolution 20-09-01 - Summary: Resolution approving a budget amendment for the General Fund (101),...
Legal NoticesNOTICE TO CREDITORS ESTATE OF DANNIE LEE HARVILL Notice is hereby given that on the 2nd day of September, 2020, letters of administration in respect of the Estate of DANNIE LEE HARVILL who died on December 31, 2019, were issued to Petitioner by the Chancery Court, Case No. 19195 of Marshall County, Tennessee All persons, resident and nonresident, having claims, matured or unmatured, against the estate are required to file the same with the clerk of the above named court on or before...
Legal NoticesNotice of Meeting The Town of Chapel Hill Planning Commission will meet Monday, September 28, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. at the Town Hall, 4650 Nashville Highway, Chapel Hill, TN. The public is welcome at all meetings.
Legal NoticesLewisburg Electric Systemís Board of Public Utilities will hold their September Board Meeting on Monday, Sept. 28, 2020 at 5 p.m. The meeting will be held at the LES office, 599 W. Ellington Pkwy. The meeting is open to the public.