First COVID-19 case confirmed in countyMarshall County has its first confirmed case of COVID-19. The Tennessee Department of Health notified county authorities on Sunday that a county resident had tested positive for the virus. “While...
DREMC confirms relief, reassures membersDuck River Electric Membership Corporation stopped disconnections of electric service for non-payment on March 19 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. “These actions were taken in recognition of the...
- Taking a look back, while we wait to move forwardPrep sports came to a necessary screeching halt due to the Covid-19 pandemic that encompasses most of the globe and as we wait for this world health emergency to pass, let’s take a look back in time in the history of Marshall County sports to move our minds away from our troubles, if not just for a few minutes. First, let me give you a little background about myself so you can kind of ride along with me during this journey.
Hilyard W. Welch (3/31/20)Hilyard W. Welch, 83, of Cornersville, died Monday, March 30, 2020, at Maury Regional. He was a native of Marshall County, the son of the late Marvin Welch and Maggie Watt Welch. He was retired from...
Arnold R. Lilly (3/31/20)On March 28, 2020, Arnold R. Lilly passed from this life to his heavenly home. Born July 16, 1932, in Pipestem, WV, he was the 12th child of 13 born to Edward Allen Lilly and Lizzie Mae Lilly who...
Bettye Elizabeth Childress Endlsey (3/31/20)Bettye Elizabeth Childress Endsley, 57, resident of Lewisburg, died Sunday, March 29, 2020, at her residence. A private graveside service will be held at Short Cemetery. Due to the Coronavirus...
Charles William “Bill” McLain (3/31/20)Mr. Charles William “Bill” McLain, 72, husband of Connie McLain, and a resident of Columbia, passed away Monday morning, March 30, 2020, at Morning Pointe Assisted Living. A private graveside service...
Elizabeth Stegall Collins (3/31/20)Mrs. Elizabeth Stegall Collins, 89, of Lewisburg, died Friday, March 27, 2020, at her residence. Mrs. Collins was a native of Marshall County, the daughter of the late Edgar and Sammie Hardison...
Joe Collins (3/30/20)Mr. Joe Collins, 80, of the Caney Spring community of Marshall County, died Sunday morning, March 29, 2020, at his home following several months illness. Mr. Collins was born in Marshall County and...
MiscellaneousFOR SALE: Club golf cart with trailer. Nice/clean; $2850 for both. Call 931-993-1519.
GeneralYARD SALE: 1624 Holly Grove Road, Lewisburg. Fri/3-27 & Sat/3-28; 8am-5pm.
Want to DoWant to mow yards. Dependable and my work is very good. References if needed; cash only. Call 931-637-6179; do not text.
Miscellaneous RentalHOUSE FOR RENT: Located in Lewisburg; 2 bedroom/2 baths; $750/month. 931-703-1335 or 931-619-3419
- Boat does doughnuts after hitting wave, throws man overboard
- Shop sells 'hundreds' of doughnuts starring Dr. Fauci's face
- Customers cheer after woman gives birth at Missouri Walmart
- Psych evaluation ordered for man who sought trial by combat
- It's cloudy with a chance of iron rain at hot, faraway world